Your date chooses to order for you.

last reply
20 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
So 1st date scenario and your date chooses to order your dinner for you. thoughts / impressions?

I have never done it, i figure that you have a mouth and a brain so you are are perfectly capable of making your own decisions. Besides, I figure that if i'm gonna drag your ass out and you have to put up with me, you might as well get something that you like.3lI3ja8zZl9RoZjc
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
He is setting himself up for critical failure, but if he pulls it off then I would swoon and/or sploosh.

There would be an immediate "How dare he!" reaction, with intense scrutiny of his bearing and choices. If he seemed at all like he was trying to be a big boy, to overbear me, or otherwise put up a front then we would have words. If he was just trying too hard and in over his head, I would feel sorry for him (but might find it endearing after I straightened him out). If he picked exactly what I wanted (or didn't even realize I wanted) and did so with the most casual, natural confidence...well, then his excellent taste and cool demeanor would have me under a spell.

So, sad to say...it might work on me. But only if he was Don Draper.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i would tell the waiter to cross it out and then order the most expensive thing on the menu, ha!
Everything happens for a reason. Live for the moment and have no regrets.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i'm fine with it as long as he/she's cool about when i cancel his order, order for myself AND him/her. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

The Linebacker
0 likes
Usually I wouldn't do that. But if I were on a date with Sprite I would. haha

I'd order the hot dog souffle, buttery grits, and a side of fried green tomatoes & fried pickles, and cracklin' cornbread. That would go nice with a muscadine wine.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Buz
Usually I wouldn't do that. But if I were on a date with Sprite I would. haha

I'd order the hot dog souffle, buttery grits, and a side of fried green tomatoes & fried pickles, and cracklin' cornbread. That would go nice with a muscadine wine.

and then, i cancel that and order a big heap o' collard greens and poi for you, and a selection of desserts for myself... with tequilla chasers

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

and then, i cancel that and order a big heap o' collard greens and poi for you, and a selection of desserts for myself... with tequilla chasers

The Tequilla Chasers? That's my back-up band!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Generally, I say no, its not acceptable. However, a guy took me out for sushi and never having it before, he took control and picked things he thought I would enjoy. It was a great icebreaker too...

Unless, its something I am completely clueless about, I would prefer to order for myself.
"I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships."
— Gilda Radner
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
If it's the first date, I rather order for myself. He's not going to know what I like. If it was someone I had been with a while, or whatever and he knew what I liked. Maybe.. But even the it all depends on my mood. So, I'd rather order myself.
Lurker
0 likes
We are usually in particular restaurant beause we are craving for some specific food. So we know what we want and it really doesn't matter if he is ordering for us or I am. Orders who is quicker or usulally the one who is hungrier, giggles, it is just saving time and we don't make fuss to a waiter. However, there is always short consulting, nodding/adding and things like that.. The same goes when I am with friend or brother. If it's new place, we leave it to a waiter. ..but if its first date or getting to know you dates than I am ordering for myself if he doesn't recommend something, I am fine with that as well.. Easy, I don't make fuss out of it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you mean he decides what I am going to eat and orders it than I would be super pissed and I would say "Excuse Me But I Am Quite Capable Of Ordering On My Own!!". Now if you mean he asks me what I want and then he orders for both of us, well I am not sure about that one.. Some people may see that as a classy move but I think I see it as pretty pompous.

But it was step 4 of Damone's 5 Point Plan and men have died trying to obtain this valuable info. HAHA

Lurker
0 likes
I think I can understand that desire to impress - especially say, if he's taken you to a restaurant he loves. On a first date though, with someone you know very little about, it's kinda asking for trouble I think.

Plus, I like ordering my own damn food.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In this day and age of food intolerances and special dietary requirements, choosing food for someone you don't know that well is fraught with peril.

"Oh right - you ordered chicken satay for me. Well i hope you know how to treat anaphylaxis..."
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've actually on many occasion let my date order for me. It might help to point out these guys were chefs.
Once was a restaurant owned by his college roommate.
I never had an issue with it and I was asked if I minded. I do have an odd allergy and made it well known.
I have also been the one to order for my date on many occasion. My SO and best friend, in particular, always defer to me when we go out.
I know what they like and I know that it would be something they would enjoy. I'm much more adventurous than they are when it comes to food.
I don't do it because I'm exerting control, but I do know if I don't interfere I'll be watching them eat another hamburger and fries in a french or italian restaurant.
Lurker
0 likes
I've never understood how this could be seen as attractive myself.

For me it implies the guy thinks you're indecisive, can't make your own decision, that he knows 'best' and, generally, that he doesn't view you as an equal.

Plus I'm a fussy eater so fuck off with trying to order me something.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LittleBambi
Plus I'm a fussy eater so fuck off with trying to order me something.

Eating out is difficult enough without having to explain myself to my date and the waiter.

I'm a grown up and I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions. If someone did this on a first date it would also be the last date.
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
In this day and age of food intolerances and special dietary requirements, choosing food for someone you don't know that well is fraught with peril.

"Oh right - you ordered chicken satay for me. Well i hope you know how to treat anaphylaxis..."

I'll have the pork scrunchions and a pint of Pure thanks....... said DIAMOND NEVER!!!! xx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oooh yes - what a great opportunity from which to judge him - bring it on!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by swollen
Oooh yes - what a great opportunity from which to judge him - bring it on!

Whenever I order for myself - you always want what I have, so next time let me order for you as well! X
Isolation - A Tale Of Star-Crossed Lovers
By
hartclass & CumGirl

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by hartclass

Whenever I order for myself - you always want what I have, so next time let me order for you as well! X

Deal!