Some advice, please?

last reply
14 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So, to make a long story short, I've been single for over a year now and I'm thinking its about time for me to start dating again.
But, my main problem is that I've lost some social skills I used to have, like walking up to random people and having great conversations and making plans to meet again. It's not that I dont know what to do, its just that I dont know what to say.
I'm halfway gone.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Best chat up line ever! "I put the STD in STUD now all I need is U"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just start by being who you are and the rest can tak ecare of it self from there. When people try to hard to be something they are not many of us can pick up on it and that just kills what people think of you.
Lurker
0 likes
Be honest with others and yourself,don't give up too easily when talking but don't try too be over confident either. start off simple and then you should get the hang of it again , but good job for putting yourself out there.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by lifeafterdeath
So, to make a long story short, I've been single for over a year now and I'm thinking its about time for me to start dating again.
But, my main problem is that I've lost some social skills I used to have, like walking up to random people and having great conversations and making plans to meet again. It's not that I dont know what to do, its just that I dont know what to say.

All women are bitches dude...don't you remember the shop talk?

You're fucked ~ heterosexually speaking.

Go gay, or shock that monkey.

Report back with findings.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Find yourself a wingman who is a little more socially at ease to get you started until you build a little confidence. I had a similar situation following a divorce some 20 years ago. I got over it quite quickly.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

All women are bitches dude...don't you remember the shop talk?

You're fucked ~ heterosexually speaking.

Go gay, or shock that monkey.

Report back with findings.

I didnt say that all women are bitches, just that there's a high percentage. Clearly my studies are wrong. Apparently men can be bitches too, cause you're being one right now.
I'm halfway gone.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by lifeafterdeath

I didnt say that all women are bitches, just that there's a high percentage. Clearly my studies are wrong. Apparently men can be bitches too, cause you're being one right now.

You're going to start dating again? You got laid (we're guessing...by your words...just a few months ago) so how'd that dating thing go for you the 1st time, before you had to recuse yourself from the hectic scene of dealing with all them bitches?

What is that... 1 bitch lay for how many months of trolling? We need some more figures here to percentage up your batting average.

Make 'em up. The numbers, I mean.

I always did, lil sister.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

You're going to start dating again? You got laid (we're guessing...by your words...just a few months ago) so how'd that dating thing go for you the 1st time, before you had to recuse yourself from the hectic scene of dealing with all them bitches?

What is that... 1 bitch lay for how many months of trolling? We need some more figures here to percentage up your batting average.

Make 'em up. The numbers, I mean.

I always did, lil sister.

First off.....What the fuck are you talking bout? Lmfao I seriously didnt understand most of what you said, no joke.
And yes, I'm still tired of bitches, they're everywhere.
And you want numbers? Uh, let me do a little google search and I'll be right with ya.
...................................................................-insert jeopardy song here-.........................................................................................................................
-Most of this information is made up to troll you people-
So lets say that there's over 7 billion people. Lets check that as 100% being both male and female. Assuming that 50% are female, we'll now use that subset alone, completely disregarding the males.
So, with 3.5 billion women in the world, lets say about 1.85 billion is actually under the age of 18 or married, which leaves us with 1.65 billion single women above the age of 18. Lets say that only 850 million of these women are between the age of 18 and 25, I still believe that you're a retard.
I'm halfway gone.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i take HUGE offense to y'all saying all women are bitches..ok that is like saying all men are assholes which is FALSE

THAT is why you are still single or have failed

y'all dont like women

so how about treating us as human beings..leaving the cuss words behind and relating to us one on one

good god...your post shouted hey i have been hurt

we ..all of us ..men and women, are different... to group us in one catagory ,because you had a bad experience ...is utter crap

grrrrr
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You didn't lose your ability to know what to say to women you just haven't used it in awhile. Like riding a bike. Just jump on and pedal. Oh and forget any drunken rants on here.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by lifeafterdeath

i think you have your opening line right there, honey...

"Hi, baby. You know, i don't think all women are bitches, just most of them. i'm hoping you're that rare, 1%."

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by blazestcyr
i take HUGE offense to y'all saying all women are bitches..ok that is like saying all men are assholes which is FALSE

THAT is why you are still single or have failed

y'all dont like women

so how about treating us as human beings..leaving the cuss words behind and relating to us one on one

good god...your post shouted hey i have been hurt

we ..all of us ..men and women, are different... to group us in one catagory ,because you had a bad experience ...is utter crap

grrrrr

Again, how many times do I have to repeat this..... Not all women are bitches. If you read the original comment I posted in that thread, you'll find that I said (and I quote) "No, I dont refer to every single female as a bitch, when they act it, I call it."

And to all the other responses, thanks for the assistance. I just got to find some people to test this out on smile
I'm halfway gone.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Back to the subject at hand....

You know that old saying that goes, "You'll meet the girl of your dreams the minute you stop looking for her"?

It's basically true. One of the "meet the girl killers" is the stress you put yourself under because you have a "mission" to accomplish. I say, scratch that mission, along with all those theatre dialogues you are supposed to memorize from those help books about how to chat girls up.

A better idea would be to find a group activity where you could meet new people - mixed people. Try something new: ballroom dancing, a course in Manderin, an interest group for theatre or museums or something. Humanity subjects are always good. You won't find that many women who are registered members in the Manchester United Fan Club.

The important thing is that it should be something you always thought "Oh, I would like to try that". Please don't pick something you hate, but do it because you've heard that women love it. Women will spot you as a fake and twit in a New York Minute.

Once you find some interest group you like, and a girl in the group that appeals to you, the small talk "thing" will take care of itself. You would find a girl who shares at least one common interest that you do. Who knows what else you would have in common or enjoy doing together?
Si vos postulo me, sed non vis me, oportet me manere.
Sed si vis me, sed non vos postulo me, oportet me abire.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PhareDuFour
Back to the subject at hand....

You know that old saying that goes, "You'll meet the girl of your dreams the minute you stop looking for her"?

It's basically true. One of the "meet the girl killers" is the stress you put yourself under because you have a "mission" to accomplish. I say, scratch that mission, along with all those theatre dialogues you are supposed to memorize from those help books about how to chat girls up.

A better idea would be to find a group activity where you could meet new people - mixed people. Try something new: ballroom dancing, a course in Manderin, an interest group for theatre or museums or something. Humanity subjects are always good. You won't find that many women who are registered members in the Manchester United Fan Club.

The important thing is that it should be something you always thought "Oh, I would like to try that". Please don't pick something you hate, but do it because you've heard that women love it. Women will spot you as a fake and twit in a New York Minute.

Once you find some interest group you like, and a girl in the group that appeals to you, the small talk "thing" will take care of itself. You would find a girl who shares at least one common interest that you do. Who knows what else you would have in common or enjoy doing together?

Now this, this is good stuff right here. Thanks so much, I'll take the advice smile And I think group stuff would be better, since I get freakishly weird when one on one with someone HAHAHAHAA
I'm halfway gone.