System Performance Issue

last reply
26 replies
3.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For the past few days the Chat, Private Chat, and website in general has been hanging and causing the chats to crash. Me and other users are having to close our browsers frequently and restart our sessions.
Code Monkey
0 likes
Hi
I am currently investigating the site issues and hope to get a resolution very soon.
Appreciate your patience.
gav
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
Quote by gav
Hi
I am currently investigating the site issues and hope to get a resolution very soon.
gav

You are a rock star Gav!!!
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by gav
Hi
gav

Love you, Gav.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by gav
Hi
gav

until you do i am stopping my shipment of slightly used panties to you. offerings will resume once i am able to black box without wanting to kill my computer again.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is there anything lush members can do to help these issues?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by gav
Hi
gav

Your are priceless here...we know you will get it fixed...thanks
my newest :)
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by BabydollSlave

Your are priceless here...we know you will get it fixed...thanks

shush, you! saying stuff like that, it will go to his head... no, not THAT head, silly! well, perhaps.. ANYways, the proper way to treat Gav is to take away his ice cream ration. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Code Monkey
0 likes
"Experienced web developer for hire, will code for ice cream or used panties".
Internet Sensation
0 likes
We should be getting -25c in Sweden soon, I'm offering panty ice cream.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is anyone else having problems with online messages? I've been having problems the last couple days, both on my android phone, and IE and Chrome on my windows 7 laptop. When I reply to one and enter, nothing happens. When I initiate an online message from anywhere and finish it and click on send, again, nothing happen. Yesterday, a friend said she got the same message several times....
*****Sleep peacefully tonight, your Air Force is protecting you!*****
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OK, I thought it was only happening to me.

Yup, having some problems too. After clicking anywhere on the site I would have to wait 30 to 60 seconds for the new page to show up, and I couldn’t even sign off (but that could be that my own PC wanting to stay longer on Lush. I have even started a new post same as this one and it never went through, I guess. Well better this way.

Aaaanyway, possible causes:

1) It could be Shylass, she's on a writing spree therefore clogging the system.
2) It could be Shylass, her stories are getting steamier therefore overheating some servers.
3) A runaway kangaroo hitting the remaining good servers.
4) The Matriarch falling asleep at the PC not knowing any longer if she’s on AU, USA or EU time.
5) Gav (happily) intoxicated by the myriad of panties sniffed
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by gav

"Experienced web developer for hire, will code for ice cream or used panties".

I know you'll get it done because your amazing but I'm sending you my entire pantie collection. ;3
♥ Best of Luck X
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

until you do i am stopping my shipment of slightly used panties to you. offerings will resume once i am able to black box without wanting to kill my computer again.

I intercepted those 'used panties' and just made a fortune on eBay. Thanks Sprite! That will pay for my future kids' college.

PS. I kept one fun frilly pair.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
Yes seems a lot of us are suffering right now Gav we thank your for your patience in fixing it for us a soon as you can oh Gavalicious one. ( Bows down to far superior Computerizing type fixamabobs )
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks for the effort. It must be challenging.

By the way, I'm NOT sending any of my panties.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Do you think its the servers or the coding?
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by taboolovers
Do you think its the servers or the coding?

We're serving 50 million pageviews per month, from only 2 servers. It's not surprising there are a few hiccups.

We are looking at adding a few more servers, early 2013.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola

We're serving 50 million pageviews per month, from only 2 servers. It's not surprising there are a few hiccups.

We are looking at adding a few more servers, early 2013.

How many of 50 million page views are the 404 screen being called up by this signalr script? It calls the error screen in the background every 2 seconds we're online!

24KB every two seconds that's 0.7MB per minute 40MB an hour - just by having your browser screen open! It's no wonder people's mobile data is being eaten up just by browsing the site
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

How many of 50 million page views are the 404 screen being called up by this signalr script? It calls the error screen in the background every 2 seconds we're online!

24KB every two seconds that's 0.7MB per minute 40MB an hour - just by having your browser screen open! It's no wonder people's mobile data is being eaten up just by browsing the site

I love it when you talk dirty
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

The error pages (404 & 500) would not be included within this total.

You were seeing an isolated incident with a configuration problem with SignalR (which is now fixed).

Although you did highlight this problem to me, you're better off filling out the contact us form in future. This will ensure I get notification of the problem as soon as possible.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gav

You were seeing an isolated incident with a configuration problem with SignalR (which is now fixed).

Although you did highlight this problem to me, you're better off filling out the contact us form in future. This will ensure I get notification of the problem as soon as possible.

Where's the progress on the mac/safari/apple issue at? Because I'm still finding this site nigh on impossible to use a month later ... sad
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by gav

It was still doing it yesterday when I posted. The new "backbone" script that's now in operation seems to be behaving a lot better - and the effect is noticeable.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LittleBambi

I love it when you talk dirty

Do you want me to overload your cache with my recursive AJAX callback?

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

Do you want me to overload your cache with my recursive AJAX callback?

0 likes
Lush was down for a long time today. On the one hand it's churlish to moan about a free site going down. On the other hand if a site becomes too unreliable then people go elsewhere. I hope the problem is fixed cos this is a great place.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by eiffel2007
Lush was down for a long time today. On the one hand it's churlish to moan about a free site going down. On the other hand if a site becomes too unreliable then people go elsewhere. I hope the problem is fixed cos this is a great place.

Second sentence is all you needed to utter (if that).

Besides, where else are you going to go which you haven't already been to?

The website has been alive for six years and free to join all that time. You want piss & moan? Throw a couple hundred pounds a year to the fund to help make Lush triple redundant.

Sometimes, shit just happens. Be the bigger fellow and deal with it.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.