Where is my story?

last reply
9 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hey Lush admin, just curious about why my story isnt up yet?
I submitted it yesterday and it still isn't up? :s

Just worried it didn't go through as the site has been a bit jerky with me recently

thanks!

Em xx
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
if you are talking about "the cinema experience" it was sent back to you for further editing. there should be a note about it in your PMs. smile

a general note for ALL authors:

though we do our best to get stories published in a timely matter, we are only human - a lot of stories with issues slow us down, so please try to proof read and edit before submitting, make sure you do not break site content guidelines, and please be patient - sometimes a lot of stories are submitted in a very short time and there are only so many of us - to keep the quality of stories up on Lush takes time and a lot of TLC and sometimes, we need a chance to be able to have fun too. don't forget, your story mods are all volunteers - we do this for love. MOST similar story sites have a turn around time of 1-3 WEEKS. please don't expect ALL your stories to go up in a 24 hour period. thank you very much for your understanding.

sprite.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Sophisticate
0 likes
Let me add to Sprite's post to address all writers who want their work published quickly.

Please do not depend on spell check to edit your story. Read it carefully to check your spelling because spell check will allow misspellings that are words, often with hilarious results, e.g. I put my arms around her waste. (That was in a story. I did not make it up.)

Please read your story paying attention to where you pause. There should be a comma there if it is a phrase or a full stop if it is a complete thought.

Please format your story into paragraphs of about four sentences or where the narrative should logically break. All dialogue should be formatted into separate paragraphs each time someone speaks. A mass of prose with few or no paragraph breaks will be returned to you.

Read about the use of apostrophes if you are not sure. They are not for plurals. They are used either for contractions or to signify possession.

Please do not overuse exclamation marks. They lose their power if used in every other sentence.

Please check your verb tense throughout your story to be sure it is consistent. Many submissions have tense shifts from past to present and back again.

Please take a look at the proper form for punctuation, formatting, and capital/lower case letters for dialogue in published stories and follow that example in your story.

Please do not use text speak in your story or short forms like & or ok or lbs. Use the entire words.

Please do not expect that you can spend less than an hour putting your thoughts in writing and that it will be published. The writers whose work is most admired here on Lush put time in editing and improving their stories before they are submitted and published. If you put in the time and effort, you will have the satisfaction of only minor edits being done by the mods and your story will be posted on its first submission.

Please do not resubmit your story as new with no changes after it has been returned to you for editing. This is a waste of the volunteer time of the mods as well as your time. Lush maintains a high quality of erotica by insisting that stories be literate before they are published. We are certain that you would not want that to change.

Please take the time to read the resources available on all aspects of writing in the writers' forum. They will help you polish your work and allow it to be published more quickly.

Finally, a thank you when you have been helped by us would be appreciated. As I said, we volunteer our time and spend hours working on your stories. We really do want to post them for you.
Matriarch
0 likes
Thank you Sprite and Principessa.

Emily, your story was logged as submitted to us on the 3rd, yet you posted on the 1st December, asking where it was. There could possibly be an issue with the display dates, however as it's all done programmatically, I don't know what's going on. I'll ask our programmer to check it out.

■ Story submitted on Dec 03, 2012 07:44
■ Story verified by Lisa on Dec 03, 2012 08:08 with a display date of Dec 03, 2012 08:08

So you waited 24 minutes from the looks of our records!

Our moderators here do a fantastic job, they have processed over 11,000 stories this year alone. About 30% of those needed to be sent back to the authors for edits.

If all stories were thoroughly checked by the authors in the first place, the turnaround time would be even better than it already is.

As it stands now, a story without any problems will generally appear on site within 24 hours of submission. I did a test submit to one of our competitor's sites the other day, it took 16 days to process.

So, I am extremely thankful for the great job our team here does. =d>
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola

So, I am extremely thankful for the great job our team here does. =d>

Me as well. I don't think I say this enough to moderators, but job you guys are doing is amazing and I don't even want to imagine with what you have to cope in day to day issues with other writers. I just hope my thank you message after recieving moderators approval, is enough for you to see my appreciation.
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
Quote by She

Me as well. I don't think I say this enough to moderators, but job you guys are doing is amazing and I don't even want to imagine with what you have to cope in day to day issues with other writers. I just hope my thank you message after recieving moderators approval, is enough for you to see my appreciation.

I could not agree with you more!! The MOD's are AMAZING and we appreciate you guys so much for all the hard work and the time you give to ensure everything runs smoothly here on lush
Matriarch
0 likes
I see what you did now. You submitted the story, it was rejected, and instead of editing the original, resubmitted it as a new one.

We need to close that loophole, it's difficult to keep track of what's historically happened to a story as it is.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I see what you did now. You submitted the story, it was rejected, and instead of editing the original, resubmitted it as a new one.

When Lush Mods return or 'bounce' a story we always include a note explaining why. Frequently, we'll already have performed a perfunctory edit on the piece. Moderators work closely together and discuss submissions. If a returned piece is submitted as new, we lose all previous corrections and moreover can't check the story's history, that is, we can't see why it's been 'bounced' before. Consequently, we have to treat the story as 'brand new' and in effect start from square one again.

If, for example, a story is returned to the author after edit for approval of minor changes, we'll see that when the story is returned. UNLESS the story has been returned as new, in which case we have to start all over again.

On average, we receive perhaps 30 new submissions every day. 70% of what we receive are processed within 24 hours. Most of those are edited for minor corrections and posted on site. (To process a 3000 word story takes about a half-hour...)

We make mistakes. (Not often, in truth, but sometimes...)

(I work as an journalist/editor in real life. I can honestly say that the current Lush moderating team, all volunteers, many of whom have never previously edited any other work apart from their own, are among the most competent, committed and talented people I've ever had the pleasure to work with. All talented writers themselves, they take the job they do for their fellow Lush writers very seriously.)

They're also deliciously good company!

I am very proud to be among their number.

xx Stephanie.
Lurker
0 likes
Last night I deactivated my account and reactivated this morning ( long story ) when I logged in all my stories have disappeared after 12/17 about 5 or 6 stories. I submitted a help email to lush and waited. Resubmitting one story hoping I don't have to go back and resubmit them all again. Today my new story posted and within hours it is gone again. I thought maybe it was a glitch but am now thinking I must've been a dumb ass at some point and trusted someone with password. I have since changed it . Curious has anyone else had this issue before ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The mods do a terrific job with stories. I have submitted a lot and have only had 2 bounced back. Some of my stories have been submitted and within minutes are posted for everyone to read. I take pride in my work and try to edit and proofread carefully. I spend more time going over my stories after writing to make them easier to read and make everything consistent. This type of writing is new to me. I have written books and papers and magazine articles through out my career and they were all technical in nature, very cut and dry and boring. These are fun and exciting.

These mods do a great job. It truly is a labor of love for these folks. I used to edit and it is not an easy job. Now when I read something if it is well written I go right through it. If it has grammatical errors spelling errors or just doesn't feel right I stop and sometimes don't read anymore.

The writers here if they read what they publish after a mod has approved it can learn so much about the craft of being a good author. Very few take the time to do that and repeat the same mistakes over and over.

Thank you mods for helping us.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Hotmama
Last night I deactivated my account and reactivated this morning ( long story ) when I logged in all my stories have disappeared after 12/17 about 5 or 6 stories. I submitted a help email to lush and waited. Resubmitting one story hoping I don't have to go back and resubmit them all again. Today my new story posted and within hours it is gone again. I thought maybe it was a glitch but am now thinking I must've been a dumb ass at some point and trusted someone with password. I have since changed it . Curious has anyone else had this issue before ?

What was the title of the missing story? I noticed that you have a couple hidden stories, could it possibly be one of them?