Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Avatar and Profile bio's part when deciding to chat or not.

last reply
4 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes

How important is the Avatar and profile bio?

8 votes remaining
Not at all. I chat with anyone/no one. (0 votes) 0%
Matters when I take the first step. (2 votes) 25%
I don't chat with people with no bio (0 votes) 0%
I don't chat with people who have no avatar (2 votes) 25%
I don't chat with people without avatar and bio (3 votes) 38%
I prefer people who are mysterious, with no bio. (0 votes) 0%
I love the original avatars, who'd want another? (0 votes) 0%
If others chat with someone without, I'll chat too (0 votes) 0%
It depends on the persons manners. (7 votes) 88%
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Recently I've been thinking about how important the profile and avatar is for us to chat with a person.

Often I see people without avatars being ignored in the chat rooms when not addressing the whole room.
Quite a lot of people also get the advice by long time lushers to fill out their profile and add an avatar to have more chances to interact with people.

I must say I enjoy chatting with people who have not filled out their profiles and have no avatar but there's a con to it for sure.
It's easier to forget what you were talking about and remember/recognize them when you meet again.

If a person have a filled out profile and avatar, I'll remember them more easily. Though I might get an idea of the person that doesn't match with them when I talk to them for the first time.
(To solve that I usually talk with a person before I look at their profile. So, I'm sorry if I do not know all of you before I chat with you.. I just want you to be able to make a first impression.)

How do you look at avatars and bios and what effect do they have on you when interacting in the chat rooms?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've been burned too many times in the past by people who don't have their profile's filled out at least in the "about me" department, so to cull that negativity I don't like to talk to avatar-less folk.

I can understand that making your own first impression before worrying about a profile is good, but I think if you can't be bothered to spend 5 minutes doing something so simple as finding a picture to represent you & words to fill your profile, then why should I be inclined to chat with you?

Just my opinion, of course.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
I never chat with anyone without first checking the profile. The avatar doesn't matter too much. They may be a newbie. But if they have been around for awhile and still have no avatar that is just fucking lazy. They are passed by.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
...It dosnt take long to work out if someone is genuine and fun to be friends with.
As for their bio's,the fun part is to find out who they really are.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
if someone has something interesting to say or seem fun or we have something in common or are nice, than i'll chat, simple as that - i usually don't look at their bio unless i decide that i like them enough to want to converse more in the future - at that point, it's helpful if theirs something to remember them by - a name, an avatar, something personal - if not, they simply became a read and white rectangle and one of many many names in a sea of thousands, so in that sense, it's wise to put SOMEthing on your bio. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.