Uh, I need a girl's view on this.

last reply
15 replies
2.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So, my second cousin and I are very, very close to each other, but havent seen each other in about 2 years due to me living in another country.
Anyways, we're close and we talk to each other almost every day, share some personal info and the usual stuff.
We often say that we miss each other, send each other hearts and beg each other to come visit.
Now, I have no idea about this, but does it sound as though she likes me more than just a family figure?
I wont lie, I think I like her that way too, I'm just not sure whether she'd go for it.
Lurker
0 likes
You could try asking her. Speaking for myself, it's impossible to answer that question without knowing specifically what you talk about. What do you mean when you say 'very very close to each other' yet you haven't seen each other in about 2 years? You 'talk to each other almost every day, share some personal info and the usual stuff'. What is the usual stuff?

Sending each other hearts and begging each other to come visit doesn't sound like true love to me, it sounds like a friendship.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Just a friendly warning that incestuous discussions are not allowed in the forums. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure that 2nd cousins qualify, but procede with caution.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Although questionable, I don't think that a relationship with a second cousin is outwith the bounds of the law...

To be honest though, in response to the OP, it's way too close to home. I think that you would be best to forget her and move on to someone outside of your family.

The repercussions of such a relationship could be huge and far reaching.

Find someone more suitable.
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by Mazza
Although questionable, I don't think that a relationship with a second cousin is outwith the bounds of the law...

To be honest though, in response to the OP, it's way too close to home. I think that you would be best to forget her and move on to someone outside of your family.

Thank you Mazza,, your advice is invaluable to me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Going to family reunions to pick up women is just wrong.

Laws as to consanguinity vary from locale to locale. If you really want to know if dating your relative is legal, go to that locale's website, and look up the applicable laws.
"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Wine Connoisseur
0 likes
In Australia it is illegal for first cousins to marry or have sex but it is legal for second cousins to marry and have sex. I know of several families where second cousins have married and had children. As it is legal in Australia, I would think it would be allowed to be discussed here on Lush. That is my viewpoint and I am sticking to it. I am just pointing out the facts.
Lurker
0 likes
2nd cousin is the ultimate grey area. You meet them at family reunions and stuff like that and your parents probably grew up playing together, but it's far enough in the eyes of the law for you to shag her senseless if you both feel like it.

But you have to think very hard about this, considering it may raise hell in your family. And what if it doesn't work out? You willing to risk it all?
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

I don't care what the laws are. This is very sound advice, Mazz. I suggest dating outside your gene pool. You live in different countries as well. which makes a relationship even more difficult, which is probably very good in this case.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i am sorry but surely surely there are MORE women to be interested in than a second cousin

against the law or not i find it a bit creepy and i am more than willing to bet YOUR family will too...

dont do it ok....find another lover....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The male/female relationship is the most complex of any we will ever experience. Now you want to compound the complexity ten times?

Your are treading in dangerous Shark Infested Waters!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Legally second cousin is no problem. Morally...up to you.
Just take a look at our own royal family!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well, I was kinda worried bout it. I decided not to ask her after all, I'm sure that this is just a phase and it'll blow over. But thanks for the clarification on this topic, I greatly appreciate it
Mazztastic
0 likes
Good!! I think you've made a wise decision and saved yourself a lot of grief!!

Well done and good luck with future encounters!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So, I've been to a party recently and I had loads of trouble talking to the girls that I didnt know. I know I have major confidence issues, can anyone give me some tips on how to overcome my situation?
Note, I have trouble starting conversations, not so much as continuing one. For example, if a girl starts to talk to me, I'm completely normal, but if I start to talk to a girl.......... I have pet pasta and right now it's not talking to meatball for some odd reason.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So, I've been to a party recently and I had loads of trouble talking to the girls that I didnt know. I know I have major confidence issues, can anyone give me some tips on how to overcome my situation?
Note, I have trouble starting conversations, not so much as continuing one. For example, if a girl starts to talk to me, I'm completely normal, but if I start to talk to a girl.......... I have pet pasta and right now it's not talking to meatball for some odd reason.