New Proposal - Daddy's Day?

last reply
20 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Wondering how many of our lovely women, or of those from the U.S., are out braving the crowds today in the annual Black Friday and America's meanest shopping day?

(One 34 yr old man was killed in a Long Island Wal-Mart already by the 5:30 a.m. rush of shoppers at the door.)

With the above as a preamble, how many would think we might subtitle the day, "Daddy's Day?"

Not to be confused with Father's Day, a day of remebrance and respect and honor, but rather a day where dad gets the kids ALLLLLL day long, and for once at least is glad to be staying home. (Thank you, /T.V. & NCAA football schedulers?)
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
Quote by Chase
Wondering how many of our lovely women, or of those from the U.S., are out braving the crowds today in the annual Black Friday and America's meanest shopping day?

(One 34 yr old man was killed in a Long Island Wal-Mart already by the 5:30 a.m. rush of shoppers at the door.)

With the above as a preamble, how many would think we might subtitle the day, "Daddy's Day?"

Not to be confused with Father's Day, a day of remebrance and respect and honor, but rather a day where dad gets the kids ALLLLLL day long, and for once at least is glad to be staying home. (Thank you, /T.V. & NCAA football schedulers?)

Interesting concept....

However, I didn't go shopping today....I enjoyed being lazy for a change...and it was decadent!!

Please enjoy my current story competition entry:

Alisha Unleashed

And the final part of Book 3 of Mac and Grace's story:

In a New York Minute - Part Twenty-Nine - Chapters 111-114

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No shopping for me either I had to work.
Lurker
0 likes
Had to work too. Though one of my co workers was out from 11 PM last night till she came to work. She took a power nap from 3-4 then kept on shopping. Sorry but no sale is worth losing all that sleep. Now if you were keeping me up for other curricular activities...well that would be a diferent story.tsot0vnlC01K0NlP
Lush Legend
0 likes
I agree Merry.....
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I was up at 4 a.m and at the stores by 5! Too many good deals to pass up!
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Your right Merry there are some things I will stay up all night for and shopping is definitely not one of them.
Lurker
0 likes
Well, as usual, these threads have a habit of turning a bit on edge.

So, now that I am on edge, do tell, ladies, doooo tell?

Scrabble? Charades? Scrapbooking? Twister?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you mean Strip Scrabble, Strip Charades and Strip Twister then yes that is something I would stay up all night doing.
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
Quote by Susan
If you mean Strip Scrabble, Strip Charades and Strip Twister then yes that is something I would stay up all night doing.

Those sound like good reasons to stay up.

Although, admittedly, I am such a Scrabble Freak I would stay up and play that one with my clothes on. LOL

Please enjoy my current story competition entry:

Alisha Unleashed

And the final part of Book 3 of Mac and Grace's story:

In a New York Minute - Part Twenty-Nine - Chapters 111-114

Lush Legend
0 likes
I love scrabble!!!!!......with clothes or without!!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love Scrabble as well. One of my favorite games.
Lurker
0 likes
Played many games of Scrabble over the years. Never sans.....

Anyone planning a party? New Year's?

Special house rules?
Lurker
0 likes
Now THAT is something I'd like to see: Strip Scrabble® with the ladies topless. I'll bring the booze.
Lurker
0 likes
Why not have a Scrabble game on a nude beach ?
Then all Rocco needs is his cooler sun screen and sun glasses

Bring plenty of sun screen I sure you would not mind sharing it?

( sun glassed to hide his gaulking) But there will be other ways to see, if he likes what he sees
Lurker
0 likes
What I want to know is, how in the world someone can keep stepping on another person and not help them up. I saw the wal-mart thing and I was flabbergasted!! What the hell kinds of people were they? If that's what LI is like, I never want to go there. Assholes.
Lush Legend
0 likes
When I read that I was like WTF man.....this man woke up like any other day and who the hell knew he was gonna die this way......I mean people are really losing perspective of things......so, so, unnecessary...really.....
Lurker
0 likes
One of my co workers told me she heard of a man grabbing someone's baby and said "give me the computer and I'll give you your baby back!" WTF!! I would kill someone if they touched one of my kids.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't even have kids let alone like them but, I sure as hell would beat the snot outta that guy.
Or at least my hubs would. He has a strong moral compass.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Guest

"daddy's day" ??? ... .. I have such a naughty mind

sooo sad that poor man was killed... wonder if his last words were "don't rush ladies" ... I mean come on now.. who in their right mind would stand in front of a screaming horde of ladies intent on a bargain ????? it's akin to standing in front of, and raising a hand to stop, a stampede of ... whatever.. horses, cattle, buffalo...

actually ...

that sort of stampede would be soooo much easier to stop
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I had the same thought, Hayley. I totally agree, there should be a Daddy's Day for all those nubile and sexy young women who enjoy the skills and understanding of the older man.

Or is that being selfish??