Login

Can menopause kill your sex drive?

last reply
1 reply
1 watcher
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
My wife is 46. She lost her job about two years ago and has had a big mid-life crisis, soul/career searching time ever since. She recently became employed again, almost back making the same amount, but everything has changed between us. Ever since she got fired she's been cold. No sex, no touching, no kissing, no holding hands. I'm losing my mind. She says she just has no interest in anything like that and, "too bad". I masturbate and let her catch me to see if it sparks anything, but she just walks away. I've threatened divorce and she says "Do what you feel you have to do." I don't want to be alone at 46, but it seems I am anyway. I'm just wondering if any ladies out there who've gone through the change have experienced anything like this and if it's possible for her to get her drive back, or if I'm waiting for something that's never going to happen.
Lurker
0 likes
You might want to consider getting her in for a check up to make sure it's not physiological. Maybe her hormones are out of whack, or another health problem that she's not aware of. Sitting down for a frank talk about it. Telling her you still need it and/or seeing if you can get her to see a counselor. If that doesn't work, you go to your doctor for a consult. Tell him what's up and ask him what course of action you should take.