Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

The Gun Control Debate Thread. Options · View
LadyX
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2013 11:04:33 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart
Moderator

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,813
You know what I want a ban on? Mean people. And frowny faces.
smartassirishman
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:29:22 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 1/28/2013
Posts: 13
Location: middle of nowhere, United States
It’s called a hypothetical for a reason because i would never do that. first of all and yes maybe i was a little bit strong with the language and I do apologize for that, but why are we even discussing this in the first place, it’s our god given right to own as many fire arms as we want. I am a gunsmith and i have seen many people come in places that I have worked and attempted to purchase guns. When they clearly should never handle let alone own a gun. And we always find clear legal grounds to deny them. In most cases people who use guns for let’s say evil acquire them illegally or steal them. I am totally for putting laws in place that demand gun owners have a gun safe or trigger locks. But banning ar-15s and ak47s just because I’m not going to take a deer with one doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be able to own one. which if properly outfitted an ar-15 is perfect for taking many game animals .stronger background checks yes, gun safes yes, trigger locks yes, steeper penalties for illegal gun sales yes, same penalties for gun smuggling hell yes. There’s no reason to take away over 150 different guns.
Jack_42
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:07:15 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/21/2009
Posts: 1,016
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
mmurray420 wrote:
It’s called a hypothetical for a reason because i would never do that. first of all and yes maybe i was a little bit strong with the language and I do apologize for that, but why are we even discussing this in the first place,

[ it’s our god given right to own as many fire arms as we want.] Not that I'm the slightest bit religious but I feel your choice of words here shows just what value your opinion has.






I am a gunsmith and i have seen many people come in places that I have worked and attempted to purchase guns. When they clearly should never handle let alone own a gun. And we always find clear legal grounds to deny them. In most cases people who use guns for let’s say evil acquire them illegally or steal them. I am totally for putting laws in place that demand gun owners have a gun safe or trigger locks. But banning ar-15s and ak47s just because I’m not going to take a deer with one doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be able to own one. which if properly outfitted an ar-15 is perfect for taking many game animals .stronger background checks yes, gun safes yes, trigger locks yes, steeper penalties for illegal gun sales yes, same penalties for gun smuggling hell yes. There’s no reason to take away over 150 different guns.
smartassirishman
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:12:32 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 1/28/2013
Posts: 13
Location: middle of nowhere, United States
ok. take away the fact that i am a christian its our second ammendment given right then.
smartassirishman
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:14:35 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 1/28/2013
Posts: 13
Location: middle of nowhere, United States
i am sorry but that was just nit-picking
Jack_42
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:22:18 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/21/2009
Posts: 1,016
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
What strange contradictory views you have (to nit pick as an unbeliever who is now never really shocked at the depth of hypocrisy of so called believers) And I 'm not sorry at all. And as for the whatever amendment right it is - that fortunately doesn't apply to me.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:15:53 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,216
Location: United States
LadyX wrote:
You know what I want a ban on? Mean people. And frowny faces.



:-(
MrNudiePants
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:17:26 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,216
Location: United States
Jack_42 wrote:
What strange contradictory views you have (to nit pick as an unbeliever who is now never really shocked at the depth of hypocrisy of so called believers) And I 'm not sorry at all. And as for the whatever amendment right it is - that fortunately doesn't apply to me.


How is it hypocritical, to be Christian, and also be a gun owner?
Jack_42
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:01:22 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/21/2009
Posts: 1,016
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
MrNudiePants wrote:


How is it hypocritical, to be Christian, and also be a gun owner?


Oh please.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 7:50:59 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,216
Location: United States
Jack_42 wrote:


Oh please.


That's your final answer? No million dollars for you, Jack. confused5
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 8:25:17 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 16,835
Location: My Tower, United States
MrNudiePants wrote:


That's your final answer? No million dollars for you, Jack. confused5


i think the issue was with 'the right to own guns is a god given right'. pretty sure that God, if you asked him, wouldn't say 'yes! the most important thing to me is that my people own guns!' come one, you gotta admit that that's pretty ridiculous, right? :)



Live, love, laugh.
scooter
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:06:03 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/24/2010
Posts: 2,689
Location: Ohio
For a mere $350,000 you could pic this baby up from a dude on Pawn Stars!

I'd say it's fully automatic, and legal. I'd buy it just for the Fourth of July celebration factor.
But I don't have 350,000 dollars. ):

Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:45:41 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 5,444
Location: California
MrNudiePants wrote:


How is it hypocritical, to be Christian, and also be a gun owner?


He didn't answer you because you think it's a God given right to own a gun............. Where in the bible does it say that? It's such a deluded belief.

The bible... A book that is taken as God's word... Written by men hundreds of years after Christ's death. Ever heard of the telephone game?

"Thou shalt not kill"

"An eye for an eye"

"Turn the other cheek"

The bible contradicts itself to begin with but... The bible tells you that you are not to meet an aggressor with violence, yet you think it's your God given right to own a gun for self defense. Do you see how deluded your statement is now?

Just picking and choosing things out of the bible to suit whatever bullshit way of thinking the current population has... It has always been that way and it will continue that way too. God has been completely perverted by man.



Jack_42
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:30:32 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/21/2009
Posts: 1,016
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
"There will be a ratio of 10 women to each man and.............Mein Furher (sorry) ......Mr President I can walk."

"But what if they stash away some bombs and when we come out they take over? We must not allow a mine shaft gap."

We'll meet again don't know where don't know when but I know we'll meet again some sunny day
Keep smiling through just like you always do 'till the blue skies chase the dark clouds far away.

And won't you please say hello to the folks that I know tell them I won't be long.
They'll be happy to know when you saw me go I was singing this song EVERYBODY NOW!!!!

We'll meet again..............................................................................................
tender_cowboy
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:48:28 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 10/7/2007
Posts: 52
Location: South Dakota
Sure quot the bible and then go kill the unborn... when you have left body parts on the field of battle defending this country and its constitution as i and many others have then we shall talk about constitutional rights. Until then God Bless America and God bless our constitution and god bless the NRA
SEMPER FI
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:50:57 AM

Rank: Artistic Tart
Moderator

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,813
When you kill a 42-year-old intruder, aren't you just aborting them in the 171st trimester?
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:51:40 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 16,835
Location: My Tower, United States
tender_cowboy wrote:
Sure quot the bible and then go kill the unborn... when you have left body parts on the field of battle defending this country and its constitution as i and many others have then we shall talk about constitutional rights. Until then God Bless America and God bless our constitution and god bless the NRA
SEMPER FI


btw, i checked the roster - God is not actually a member of the NRA. I'm also pretty sure he's not a US citizen. Just kind of keeping it real, here. oh, and sorry about your body parts.

Live, love, laugh.
Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:10:04 PM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 5,444
Location: California
tender_cowboy wrote:
Sure quot the bible and then go kill the unborn... when you have left body parts on the field of battle defending this country and its constitution as i and many others have then we shall talk about constitutional rights. Until then God Bless America and God bless our constitution and god bless the NRA
SEMPER FI


The body part you left behind must have been part of your brain...

You think wars are fought just by soldiers? If you do... You have a fundamental misunderstanding about war, countries and life in general. No wonder they put your dumbass on the front lines. LOL






Jack_42
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:33:39 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/21/2009
Posts: 1,016
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
[quote=tender_cowboy]Sure quot the bible and then go kill the unborn... when you have left body parts on the field of battle defending this country and its constitution as i and many others have then we shall talk about constitutional rights. Until then

[ God Bless America and God bless our constitution and god bless the NRA]

It's so reassuring to know which side god is on oh sorry - God is on, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he's an American and not English as I previously believed

" And did those feet in ancient time walk upon England's mountains green? And was the countenance divine on England's pleasant pastures seen?"
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:35:28 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,520
On behalf of the NRA and other NRA Life time Members I want to thank the Obama Administration.

65.4 Million Gun Purchases Since Obama Took Office, 91% More Than Bush's First-Term Total"
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:40:14 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 16,835
Location: My Tower, United States
Buc wrote:
On behalf of the NRA and other NRA Life time Members I want to thank the Obama Administration.

65.4 Million Gun Purchases Since Obama Took Office, 91% More Than Bush's First-Term Total"


I think this explains it perfectly, Buc :)



Live, love, laugh.
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:40:33 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,520
tender_cowboy wrote:
Sure quot the bible and then go kill the unborn... when you have left body parts on the field of battle defending this country and its constitution as i and many others have then we shall talk about constitutional rights. Until then God Bless America and God bless our constitution and god bless the NRA
SEMPER FI


Amen, Brother


Almighty God: Our sons, pride of our Nation, this day have set upon a mighty endeavor, a struggle to preserve our Republic, our religion, and our civilization, and to set free a suffering humanity.

Lead them straight and true; give strength to their arms, stoutness to their hearts, steadfastness in their faith.

They will need Thy blessings. Their road will be long and hard. For the enemy is strong. He may hurl back our forces. Success may not come with rushing speed, but we shall return again and again; and we know that by Thy grace, and by the righteousness of our cause, our sons will triumph.

They will be sore tried, by night and by day, without rest-until the victory is won. The darkness will be rent by noise and flame. Men's souls will be shaken with the violences of war.

For these men are lately drawn from the ways of peace. They fight not for the lust of conquest. They fight to end conquest. They fight to liberate. They fight to let justice arise, and tolerance and good will among all Thy people. They yearn but for the end of battle, for their return to the haven of home.

Some will never return. Embrace these, Father, and receive them, Thy heroic servants, into Thy kingdom.

And for us at home -- fathers, mothers, children, wives, sisters, and brothers of brave men overseas -- whose thoughts and prayers are ever with them--help us, Almighty God, to rededicate ourselves in renewed faith in Thee in this hour of great sacrifice.

Many people have urged that I call the Nation into a single day of special prayer. But because the road is long and the desire is great, I ask that our people devote themselves in a continuance of prayer. As we rise to each new day, and again when each day is spent, let words of prayer be on our lips, invoking Thy help to our efforts.

Give us strength, too -- strength in our daily tasks, to redouble the contributions we make in the physical and the material support of our armed forces.

And let our hearts be stout, to wait out the long travail, to bear sorrows that may come, to impart our courage unto our sons wheresoever they may be.

And, O Lord, give us Faith. Give us Faith in Thee; Faith in our sons; Faith in each other; Faith in our united crusade. Let not the keenness of our spirit ever be dulled. Let not the impacts of temporary events, of temporal matters of but fleeting moment let not these deter us in our unconquerable purpose.

With Thy blessing, we shall prevail over the unholy forces of our enemy. Help us to conquer the apostles of greed and racial arrogancies. Lead us to the saving of our country, and with our sister Nations into a world unity that will spell a sure peace a peace invulnerable to the schemings of unworthy men. And a peace that will let all of men live in freedom, reaping the just rewards of their honest toil.

Thy will be done, Almighty God.
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:44:23 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,520
I think this explains it perfectly, Buc"

You do, because I would think you would be against more poverty and for people caring for themselves. I am not a blind follower of any one , but God. My Country deserves better. Poverty has no virtues.
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:46:45 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,520
sprite wrote:


I think this explains it perfectly, Buc :)




"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." Senator/ Sec. of State Hillary Clinton

I would think as a highly educated and well informed woman you would have know.
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:47:59 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 16,835
Location: My Tower, United States
Buc wrote:
I think this explains it perfectly, Buc"

You do, because I would think you would be against more poverty and for people caring for themselves. I am not a blind follower of any one , but God. My Country deserves better. Poverty has no virtues.


you know, it would be helpful if you translated some of your posts into... well, something i could understand, so you could make a point - quite honestly, right now it's as close to gibberish as you can get and still used actual words from the dictionary. try again, please - i'm not even sure what you're trying to say, Buc. :)

Live, love, laugh.
Jack_42
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 12:55:35 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/21/2009
Posts: 1,016
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Buc wrote:


Amen, Brother


Almighty God: Our sons, pride of our Nation, this day have set upon a mighty endeavor, a struggle to preserve our Republic, our religion, and our civilization, and to set free a suffering humanity.

Lead them straight and true; give strength to their arms, stoutness to their hearts, steadfastness in their faith.

They will need Thy blessings. Their road will be long and hard. For the enemy is strong. He may hurl back our forces. Success may not come with rushing speed, but we shall return again and again; and we know that by Thy grace, and by the righteousness of our cause, our sons will triumph.

They will be sore tried, by night and by day, without rest-until the victory is won. The darkness will be rent by noise and flame. Men's souls will be shaken with the violences of war.

For these men are lately drawn from the ways of peace. They fight not for the lust of conquest. They fight to end conquest. They fight to liberate. They fight to let justice arise, and tolerance and good will among all Thy people. They yearn but for the end of battle, for their return to the haven of home.

Some will never return. Embrace these, Father, and receive them, Thy heroic servants, into Thy kingdom.

And for us at home -- fathers, mothers, children, wives, sisters, and brothers of brave men overseas -- whose thoughts and prayers are ever with them--help us, Almighty God, to rededicate ourselves in renewed faith in Thee in this hour of great sacrifice.

Many people have urged that I call the Nation into a single day of special prayer. But because the road is long and the desire is great, I ask that our people devote themselves in a continuance of prayer. As we rise to each new day, and again when each day is spent, let words of prayer be on our lips, invoking Thy help to our efforts.

Give us strength, too -- strength in our daily tasks, to redouble the contributions we make in the physical and the material support of our armed forces.

And let our hearts be stout, to wait out the long travail, to bear sorrows that may come, to impart our courage unto our sons wheresoever they may be.

And, O Lord, give us Faith. Give us Faith in Thee; Faith in our sons; Faith in each other; Faith in our united crusade. Let not the keenness of our spirit ever be dulled. Let not the impacts of temporary events, of temporal matters of but fleeting moment let not these deter us in our unconquerable purpose.

With Thy blessing, we shall prevail over the unholy forces of our enemy. Help us to conquer the apostles of greed and racial arrogancies. Lead us to the saving of our country, and with our sister Nations into a world unity that will spell a sure peace a peace invulnerable to the schemings of unworthy men. And a peace that will let all of men live in freedom, reaping the just rewards of their honest toil.

Thy will be done, Almighty God.


I was right God is an American and he's starting the new crusade in the name of Shell and BP and ESSO. Hallelujah!!!
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:00:28 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,520
Actually that Quote is from FDR just before the US Troops for the 2nd time freed Europe.
Jack_42
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:04:43 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/21/2009
Posts: 1,016
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Buc wrote:
Actually that Quote is from FDR just before the US Troops for the 2nd time freed Europe.
He forgot to free my Dad's country which is the one they started it over; of course that was at the beginning of the war.
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:12:02 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,520
I think that was your way of saying thank you to the US Troops and for those that have set more people free then any other Army in the history of the planet.
LadyX
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:15:34 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart
Moderator

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,813
sprite wrote:


you know, it would be helpful if you translated some of your posts into... well, something i could understand, so you could make a point - quite honestly, right now it's as close to gibberish as you can get and still used actual words from the dictionary. try again, please - i'm not even sure what you're trying to say, Buc. :)


He doesn't really want to be coherent, assuming he can be when he wants to.

Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.