Australia - a flop

last reply
22 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lush Legend
0 likes
I did see the previews of it, but it did not get good reviews over here either..........probably DVD player for me as well........
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Lurker
0 likes
I have heard next to nothing about it, but would look forward to seeing it.

I loved The Snowy River movies, and the spin-off t.v. series ("The MacGregor Saga?") and would jump at the chance to snorkel, dive, drive and explore Down Under.

"The Fatal Shore" was a great book - have always wondered how the term "transportation" goes over in polite conversation in Australia. I was kind of surprised Michener never tackled Austrailian history as a subject.

Yeah, and I saw "Rescuers Down Under" too. LOL.
Lush Legend
0 likes
I would love to see Australia the country as well......and so love going to the movies and these prices are killing me ....lol
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
Quote by Zafia
I would love to see Australia the country as well......and so love going to the movies and these prices are killing me ....lol

What is the price of a movie ticket in your area?

Almost 10....lol.....

Please enjoy my current story competition entry:

Alisha Unleashed

And the final part of Book 3 of Mac and Grace's story:

In a New York Minute - Part Twenty-Nine - Chapters 111-114

And the latest micros:

Sheer Perfection & Still Fuckin’ Hot

Fireworks & Bliss

Fireman
0 likes
Quote by techgoddess
Quote by Zafia

What is the price of a movie ticket in your area?

Almost 10....lol.....

Almost 10.. here it's 10 -12. Crazy prices here. Lucky I get in fro free. LMAO
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As an Australian I hang my head in shame. Nicole Kidman is stff and wooden. Hugh Jackman is good to look at but, his acting skills leave alot to be desired. As an Australian woman I have only heard "The Croc Hunter" Steve Irwin use the word crickey, it's not a word normal Aussies. On behalf of Australia I would like to apologize for this dribble.
Seeker
0 likes
Here is some interesting info...In my town, two people could go to the movies, get popcorn and a drink, and do all for $20....
Lurker
0 likes
Gee thanks for that LB. LOL
Lurker
0 likes
I saw that the movie was doing poorly. They think if they stick those 2 in a movie it will sell. They forget that some of us actually have a brain and know how to use it.

I haven't been to Joylan DB but fondly remember the ones where I was raised. I loved them.
Lurker
0 likes
I finally saw this one over the weekend...yikes!

I wonder if they had to edit out Kidman or Jackman asking the producers mid-scene "Hey, I'm getting paid in cash right? That was the agreement!"

I haven't seen acting that stiff since Jessica Alba in...well...anything!
Lurker
0 likes
LOL@Lia
Matriarch
0 likes
I thought Alba was great in Sin City. It's the only movie I've seen her in though.
Lurker
0 likes
There's another movie coming out that looks a lot like Sin City, Lush. I don't remember the name. It's out on the 25th.

Somebody help me out here.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
There's another movie coming out that looks a lot like Sin City, Lush. I don't remember the name. It's out on the 25th.

Somebody help me out here.

Sin City 2?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks all for the up take.

B and I were going to see it Sunday.

Thing not.

Bat
Lurker
0 likes
I'll watch The Spirit just because it has Sam Jackson in it.
Lurker
0 likes
That's the one, Zaf.

Frank Miller making another Sin City with Sarah Paulson and Eva Mendes.

I've GOT to see it.