Define "Sexy"

last reply
10 replies
1.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I needed a break today at work and picked up an Esquire magazine which featured Halle Barry as the Sexiest Woman Alive or something. I have never read the magazine before, and found it full of the usual MTV-era single paragraph factoids and tips for men, and a few one page essays that I would hope some folks can concentrate on long enough to appreciate the writing skills, the art, and the point being made.

Anyway, back to Halle. I thought her interview was interesting, and will put some of it here, and open the floor for comments. From the November 2008 Esquire magazine.

"Does being the sexiest woman alive imply that I know a thing or two about what's sexy and, possibly, about sex itself? I'm not sure, but here's what I do know: I know damned well I'm sexier now than I used to be. Let me make an argument here -- not so much for me, or even for my age being sexy, but for what I've learned. I've picked up a little over the years. Sexy is not about wearing sexy clothes or shaking your booty until you damn near get hip dysplasia; it's about knowing that sexiness is a state of mind -- a comfortable state of being. It's about loving yourself even in your most unlovable moments. I know a little bit about that.

Sexiness is also about knowing what's sexy to you. To me, spaghetti is sexy, especially when it's served off the tips of a man's fingers. I like that. And I think wine is sexy, just before sex. It relaxes me. But if I want to get a serious groove on -- if I want an out-of-body experience -- I'm all about the sloe-gin fizz.

I think lingerie is sexy, and I'll wear it, sure. But truth is, I'm good-to-go in a tank top and bare feet -- although every woman should own at least one good pair of pumps. That's really the only wardrobe you need for sex: a tank top and pumps.

When it comes to what I think is sexy about men, I like forearms. That's my body part. They're generally exposed, available, a little bit vulnerable. A forearm is different with every man, and when it comes to forearms, size matters. I don't like them slight.

Ask me what's the sexiest car in the world and I'll just say my man's car, because it smells like him, because his shape is pressed into the seat, because it's littered with little bits of his life -- his golf balls or his chocolate-bar wrappers -- and it's ripe with the smells of him. That's the car I most want to ride in.

What else? Ah, yes: the big O. You know that stuff they say about a woman being responsible for her own orgasms? That's all true. And in my case, that makes me responsible for pretty damned good orgasms these days. Much better orgasms than when I was twenty-two. And I wouldn't let a man control that. Not anymore. Now I'd invite him to participate. I'll tell you this: I've learned my tricks. I know what I like. I do not wait around. I initiate. And I'm not all about frequency. I favor intensity.

There have been some men in my life who have been wickedly sexy and have taught me much about sexual pleasure. There are a few men I should thank, and others I need to forget. But I don't regret. To hell with regret. I like what I am now. I like being a mother. I like my body better since I became a mother. I feel sexier as a result of becoming a mother.

You see, the years go by and you learn, and that just deepens your understanding of every experience. And then sex is better -- it feels like you're in control, and you're sort of not in control at the same time, and that is completely satisfying.

So, yes, there are times when I feel like the sexiest woman alive, but would I ever argue that I am the sexiest woman alive? Of course not. I figure at one moment the sexiest woman alive is a waitress in Abilene, Texas. And in the very next second, it's a woman in the bush of Vanuatu. Then, right away, somewhere else. Sex and sexiness. It's all about the moment; it's about what you know as much as it is what you offer. That's why I share this title with every woman, because every woman is a nominee for it at any moment. Maybe that's why there are so many women these guys love. "
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As I sit here and read this, I am listening to 'Dirty Eyes' by AC/DC.

I think it was very well put. Women are beautiful - period.
Maybe not all at this moment, but they all will shine in their own time.

Mine may not lite your fire, but she lit mine. She was her great moments - and sometimes for no reason - she is just ( Nummy - yes Chef - I said it again.)

Great post Chase.

Bat

Lite it up women!
Lurker
0 likes
THAT is why Halle is a sexy woman. She opened her mouth and didn't sound like a ditz. What she said is true for me as well. She's beautiful to some people and sexy, but her mind..... that's what brings the package together.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think she deserves it not only because she's beautiful on the outside, but the inside as well.
People appreciate that she gives her honest opinion and doesn't sound like a total idiot.
Thats all I think I have to say about the topic (:
"Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far, far far away from here."
Lurker
0 likes
She is beautiful and I think she totally nailed it. I haven't always thought of myself as sexy, but then I didn't always feel in control of my life and now that control is coming back to me I feel sexier than I ever did before. And she's right, with age comes experience and confidence in that experience. Great post Chase.
Lurker
0 likes
After being in an abusive relationship for years, it only took one woman to make me feel very sexy.
I like how Halle told the readers and the media how sexiness isn't just about superficial looks. She told them it comes from within all of us and that anyone can feel that way. Gossip mags be damned!
Lush Legend
0 likes
Good post Chase.......
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
After being in an abusive relationship for years, it only took one woman to make me feel very sexy.
I like how Halle told the readers and the media how sexiness isn't just about superficial looks. She told them it comes from within all of us and that anyone can feel that way. Gossip mags be damned!

Yes I have found that right person finally. He has made me feel sexier than I have for years. The love a good person does wonders.
Lurker
0 likes
See? Anita found out, too. I never knew a person like that existed until she walked into my life one night.
Lurker
0 likes
Rocco,

Anytime you want to share the story of how that happened, we'd be all ears.

Z-

No comment or rebuttal to Halle's comments on shoes? I could not but help think of you when I posted it.....
Lush Legend
0 likes
"although every woman should own at least one good pair of pumps. That's really the only wardrobe you need for sex: a tank top and pumps."

See I would go for just the pumps, or boots, or strappy shoes, or peep-toed or....HAHAHAHA!!!

Every woman has their own way of feeling sexy.....
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."