Is romance dead?

last reply
17 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Okay I have been on here for only a couple of weeks. I have enjoyed the wonderful debachery it has to offer. Now I find myself asking "is it only about sex...?"
Ladies does romance matter. In my life I have made many candle lit dinners for the women I have know. My favorite was a candle lit picnic... I had a woman leave a line of candles from the door to the tub so that when I came home all I had do so was follow. There were notes along the way, take off your shoes& socks, take off your shirt, the pants I want the pants!. At the end was her in a bubble bath and me in nothing but a tie. She never told me to take it off..she laughed. I loved it. I love sending flowers for no reason. Writing poems to make her swoon... My questions are....

Do you want to be romanced?
Whats the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
Whats the most romantic thing you have ever done for someone else?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
John; Years ago I had your statement explained this way...Draw a small circle, now you know every thing inside of the circle...But know nothing of whats outside of it..So John will you please draw a larger circle around the first one.. Again you know every thing inclosed , but nothing of what ever is outsider the closure.. John pls stay with me, & draw a much larger circle.... WOW, you & I ARE REALLY GETTING A LOT SMARTER, SEA HOW MUCH EYE NO NOW,BUTT THEN MY MAIL EGO WAS SHATTERED , As my (nonresistant) wife explained that there a hell of a lot more that I don't know.... PROVEN BUY MY KNOWLEDGE OF ROMANCE..
Pulling into the driveway I was met by my (pretend ) wife, wearing heels, hosiery, corset,& every pore of her body of her body gave off a JUST FUCK ME aroma .. As she ran toward me , I said 'honey your cooking dinner again, I hear the smoke detector. Stepping into the house , I say,"Will you please blow out these damn candles & for gods sake turn on some lights, so I can sea what I'm eating...As my long dfeparted wife walked pass me she said,"don't weight up four me , cus I'm going to Johns..Guess your correct John romance is important... Joel
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
if y'all want mind blowing sex

bring on the romance

it is the foreplay..of foreplay.......
Lurker
0 likes
Wow only two replies.

Please a moment of silence.... Let us bow our Heads.... For it would seem... Romance is dead.
Cocolicious
0 likes
Romance isn't dead, but you must understand that many view lush as a hit it and quit it site. Horniness rules here, although there are many romantics here as well! You may or may not get the answers you thought you would in this thread.

I can't choose the most romantic thing someone's done for me, but a romantic meal on a chartered boat with flowers and soft jazz was a wonderful memory. And one time I sent my guy on a scavenger hunt and the final item to be found was me. He collected items that were important to us and some...other things. It was great!
Artistic Tart
0 likes
I don't want to be romanced on a sex site. Nor do I usually want to cyber either, granted.
Lurker
0 likes
I feel I must reply! Women need to understand the pleasures of romance. Sexis just that SEX! I live, breathe and enjoy my life with phoenix. He is luv of my life. Now I have been in the opinion that sex is just a biological need that needed satisfied on occasion. However, my husband has taken me to a different level of joy and pleasure. Romance is not dead in my house and I morn for those who do not have it!!
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Something I learned on Lush in my four years of being on here is that some men are very romantic and can sweep you away with it ... and others are just like a guy you'd find at a bar ... ready for a fuck and thanks - chat later.

In real life ... without romance (and passion and a connection), it's just a fuck .... a little bit above a vibrator. A lot messier too.

Thankfully romance is not dead. I love knowing my man has me in his thoughts ... and shows me later ... smile
Lurker
0 likes
I'm an oldschool romantic. I don't really think it's gone. It's my experience that a lot of guys actually like a romantic relationsship, but women so easily forget that it's a twosided relationship.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Lol romance, dead? No, the concept of romance is too strong, too many children are fed fairy tales, too many people dream, for it to ever be dead. Maybe the interest in answering this topic has died, for the simple reasons stated by those above. This is a sex site.

Romance also changes depending on two people's different perspectives, their motivation and effort and capability. When I was in a long distance relationship, this guy at my high school had a crush on me. He bought me a huge bouquet of flowers on valentines day even though he knew I didn't like him. He was full of romantic ideas. Then a few months later he started dating one of my other friends, their relationship was very physical, very fast, but I never saw him do anything romantic apart from the fact they were always together, and I suppose that was the way they shared a romantic relationship.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Phaypi
Lol romance, dead? No, the concept of romance is too strong, too many children are fed fairy tales, too many people dream, for it to ever be dead. Maybe the interest in answering this topic has died, for the simple reasons stated by those above. This is a sex site.

Romance also changes depending on two people's different perspectives, their motivation and effort and capability. When I was in a long distance relationship, this guy at my high school had a crush on me. He bought me a huge bouquet of flowers on valentines day even though he knew I didn't like him. He was full of romantic ideas. Then a few months later he started dating one of my other friends, their relationship was very physical, very fast, but I never saw him do anything romantic apart from the fact they were always together, and I suppose that was the way they shared a romantic relationship.

First of all this site is a site for writing! It is NOT just a SEX site. If I wanted that then I would have gone to Adult Friend Finder for the latest hook up! Next you need to look back on the guy who gave you those flowers! He respected and admired YOU enough to give you something beautiful!!! Perhaps your friend didn't hold the same respect and admiration in his eyes.

I have gotten gifts from men I didn't necessarily like or were attracted to but I still recognized their admiration of ME as a person with beauty and NOT just a sex object! Keep this in mind when someone does something beautiful for YOU!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Phaypi
Maybe the interest in answering this topic has died, for the simple reasons stated by those above. This is a sex site.
...even though he knew I didn't like him. He was full of romantic ideas.

I guess I was missinformed. When I first came here I thought this was a site for aspiring writers and readers of erotica to connect. A place to learn and improve ones craft. I didn't see it as a "sex site". That being said I have enjoyed the debauchery that is lush. Its all good fun! Still when my wife gets friend requests with nothing put a GIF of a man being sucked off, she is offended. She has a BA in English Lit. She is a graduate student. She's not here looking for sex. She wants to read and write.

Then when my wife turns down one of those "friend requests" and immediatly gets a vote of 2 on her stories, then sees the person deleted their profile. I wonder how important those views and scores are. I was told by a seasoned writer here that the forums were a good way to get your stories noticed. Now I wonder how important those views and scores are. There are a lot of womens profiles on here that straight out in no uncertian terms tell men they arn't into the whole cyber thing. Now I know why they seem so harsh. I nor my wife are not here to collect friends like notches on a bed post.

The truth is Lush is two sites in one. A site for readers and writers and a Sex Site. I think I am going to chance my approch to things here and try to focus on the writing.

Now I have digressed from the topic I started with... As far as the guy with the romantic ideas. That was infatuation, selfish, and in all truth nothing to do with romance or love.

Too all you lovely ladies who haven't given up on romance... Thank you for letting me know thats its not dead....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It certainly isn't dead, for Valentine's Day my lovely boyfriend is taking me to his favourite restaurant, 3350 miles away in New York! I can't wait! Then there are all the other lovely little touches of romance that he adds to my day, wrapping his arms around me, holding my hand and kissing me on the cheek, on my neck, just because he feels like it. And it works the other way round too.

Without romance, life would be dull.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Goddess_Lexi

First of all this site is a site for writing! It is NOT just a SEX site. If I wanted that then I would have gone to Adult Friend Finder for the latest hook up!

Totally my bad, wasn't even thinking about the writing here. Just referring to the fact the site is called "Free Sex Stories," but the addition of romance is completely up to the author.

Quote by Goddess_Lexi

Next you need to look back on the guy who gave you those flowers! He respected and admired YOU enough to give you something beautiful!!! Perhaps your friend didn't hold the same respect and admiration in his eyes.

I have gotten gifts from men I didn't necessarily like or were attracted to but I still recognized their admiration of ME as a person with beauty and NOT just a sex object! Keep this in mind when someone does something beautiful for YOU!

Sorry, I think the problem was my use of the word "like." I meant I did not like him in a romantic or sexual way. I loved him as a friend, and I still do to this day, indeed he is a very good friend of mine.

The contrast I was trying to create between him and me, and him and his next girlfriend, was that to me, giving me flowers was indeed something beautiful and romantic. Seeing that he never did that for my friend, and yet he was definitely in love with her, I am suggesting that in their relationship he may have found other methods of being romantic, such as doing everything in their life together. Therefore, romance cannot be defined by one person and what they like.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Phoenix 69; I don't know if your parting statement was directed at my satire or not..
The circles , were something I had come across yrs. ago.They fit in very well with John's ,THE MORE YOU KNOW, THE MORE YOU DON'T KNOW,THE FICTITIOUS WIFE JUST LED INTO THE SATIRE OF ROMANCE..
IF ONE WAS TO READ IT, THEY WOULD DISCOVER INCORRECTLY USED WORDING, STATEMENTS & SITUATIONS,WHICH WOULD KILL ANY ROMANCE (, & OF COURSE DESTROYED THE RELATIONSHIP../..
Sorry you nor anyone else find my intended humor .. Joel
Lurker
0 likes
I havnt had it yet an for that reason i hope its still alive
Lurker
0 likes
That's a good question. For me, romance probably is dead, but I think that say's more about me than it does about romance. I think when you're younger, romance and sex go hand in hand, but as I've got older, more embittered and probably more cynical, the idea of romance seems a sham.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LOVES4PLAY
I don't know if your parting statement was directed at my satire or not..

Not at you or anyone per say. Its all good.
I just am here to write. I asked this question looking to gain knowlege about other peoples perspective and experiences. Hoping what I learned would make me a better writer. Maybe even an idea of something special I can do for my wife.

I liked cocokisses response but then again I'm just a poor boy from Kansas that came from the wrong side of the tracks... don't think I'll charter any boats soon... well maybe one of those pontoon boats (actually that could work, set up a nice table, candle light, a little slow jazz, hummm, thanks Coco!). Honesty not long ago I had given up on love, romance, the whole bit. Dated a couple of women who were freinds with benifits. Then I met Lexi... then the whole world changed. Weve been together two and a half years. We have had our ups and downs. Its not all candle light and roses. Weve learned a lot about communcation with each other. Relationships are hard work and not for the faint of heart. Still anytme I can let her know how special she is to me I'm going to do it.