Stealth rubber

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Constant Gardener
0 likes
No, not this...

I know I've posted about this product before...but I could not locate the thread (probably from 2009-10)

Has anyone here ever used the product on a pair of foot ware?

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Have you found a pair of those shoes yet, Jeff? Are they expensive?
Lurker
0 likes
They look like standard rock climbing shoes. I use to climb and have a pair in my closet.. For the ones in the beginning of the video try fiveten.com browse the products. Any store that carries climbing gear should have a version of them. In climbing the rubber need to be "sticky" to do a technique called "Smearing". Its when you don't have a foot hold but still need to be able to push up with you foot without it slipping. Damn, now I feel like climbing.

Just a tech note. 5.10 is a rating referencing the difficulty of a climb, ie 5.6, 5.8, 5.10, 5.12. With most climbers if you can't climb a 5.10 they won't consider you a real climber.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Phoenix69
They look like standard rock climbing shoes. I use to climb and have a pair in my closet.. For the ones in the beginning of the video try fiveten.com browse the products.

Meh, I'm not a rock climber, I never had fingers that freaking strong, nor the desire to play without a net...but I do enjoy fishing for trout where the wet rock is covered in slimy algae - and getting to the streams is nicer when not slipping and crashing my knees or turning ankles.

And no Chef...haven't purchased a pair of the outdoor boots yet. I am trying to determine if they run small (size wise) or about right, etc... and how sticky the material is on the sole.

They aren't anymore expensive than most other name brand outdoor footware I've purchased. I was also curious about getting a pair for my niece to try out on the basketball floor and volleyball court.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
They arn't sticky to the touch but friction (like a foot sliding on rock) warms them and gives them better grip. Wet... probabily slip and fall real easy. Gym floors... not to sure either they will leave black marks as the rubber scapes off and the smoothness of the floor wouldn't create a lot of friction. Climbers have to have them resoled every few months if their active. Size wise I always bought them at least one size to small and crammed my foot in. It lets you get toes in tighter spaces when climbing. They run a litttle small anyway 1/2 size or so depends on the brand. If you want to try them its best to check a climbing store.

PS my wife loves my strong fingers