Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Febfast - Giving up Alcohol for a Month, means...

last reply
69 replies
7.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
"Reinvigorating your body, boosting your bank balance, and cleansing your soul."

Allegedly...: http://febfast.org.au

I'm giving it a go for the whole 28 days...I can really relate to this article.

Who's with me?

DAY 1: It's now Friday night, went home early. Cooked a Scotch Fillet and on auto, reached for a bottle of red to wash it down with. Managed to curb the urge. Feeling cranky and irritable already.

Opened up lushstories.com and decided to ban the first person who irritated me...

It's going to be a long month...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
They've just had something similar in the UK for January http://www.dryjanuary.org.uk/ Well done to anyone who did it.

I would imagine most of the twitter users of the hashtag #dryjanuary will today be all about hitting the booze in a major way, which probably wasn't the intention of the organisers.

Best of luck, Nicola
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Matriarch
0 likes
Thanks, it's going to be tough!

That's always the danger with these "good intentions" acts, like crash diets and the like. People often end up binge drinking / eating at the end of it. I have more self-control than that, so it should be fine.

I don't think I can last the distance though, something so habitual for over 20 years, that's a tough nut to crack. We'll see.

DAY 2: Woke up Saturday morning at 5am, clear head, and had a good night's sleep. Long may it continue.
CurlyFries
0 likes
Ugggh, that's a tough one for me.

I am now trying to restrict myself to social drinking only. I found myself having a glass of wine, beer, or a vodka most nights during the week. A lot of that because of the total shit year I've had, but it's a very bad habit to get into. I'm trying to restrict all alcohol during the week. So far, I've had moderate success.

I'm going with friends to an ice bar tonight sponsored by a vodka company, so maybe I can start next month??
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Thanks, it's going to be tough!

That's always the danger with these "good intentions" acts, like crash diets and the like. People often end up binge drinking / eating at the end of it. I have more self-control than that, so it should be fine.

I don't think I can last the distance though, something so habitual for over 20 years, that's a tough nut to crack. We'll see.

DAY 2: Woke up Saturday morning at 5am, clear head, and had a good night's sleep. Long may it continue.

Giving up Alcohol for a month means............................................I died!!! LOL

At least you picked a short month!! Good Luck
Matriarch
0 likes
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

It's difficult planning / cooking nice meals, it seems such a waste not to accompany a beautifully cooked salmon cutlet (with a caper / dill / creme fraiche / butter topping), with a cheeky chardonnay!

Maybe I should plan boring meals the whole month too...rice and steamed veggies every meal...snzzz
Troublemaker
0 likes
Good for you, always good to cleanse the body...try linking it to a reward...buy yourself something special with the money saved...
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
me too, Nicola - you're in good company - no drugs or booze for a month for me - it was getting out of hand, we had a looooong conversation and well, synchronicity and all smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Matriarch
0 likes
Yay sprite! Good on you!

What are you going to do with the $2000 you'll save?
Clever Gem
0 likes
Dammit!! This sounds like the bestest idea at 8am, come 4pm , i've lost my 'je ne sais quoi'.
Funny thing is, I know how fab I felt when I've done it before, and my skin well, that just looked amazing.

I shall think about this further, well done Girls!! That is discipline.
Lurker
0 likes
Good luck to all that try, I have bad memories of former boozy days and have found that both my body and wallet were given a new lease on life by basically giving up drinking.

I don't expect others to go as far as I have, but cutting back is a great thing.

So hope it works out for all.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i will be honest, i am having urges still... it's been my way of coping for a while now and everytime i have a bad moment, i think - i could fix that by getting high. i just kind of need to do it without that kind of help for a while.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Who's with me?

It's going to be a long month...

Yet again, I must be satisfied to live vicariously through you.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have been "dry" since February 16th of last year, and I can testify that it really isn't all that difficult.
"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
0 likes
I'll join in as soon as I finish this beer. I usually only have about one a day but I'll jump on board and give it a go.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i need a drink. i'm not going to take it, but i need one. thanks for helping me stay honest, Nic (i almost wish you'll break first to give me an excuse to do the same *mumbles under my breath*)

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Oh God No! If I had to give up alcohol I may kill myself!
0 likes
I thought it would be easy to go without because I don't drink much, but I usually have one while I'm cooking dinner and I missed it tonight. sad I was very tempted to cave. I held out and settled for water instead.
Matriarch
0 likes
Lisa - If you only drink one beer or so a night, there's no need for you to suffer too!

Rach - you first!

I received an invite over the weekend, to a friend's 40th birthday party, held on Feb 16. I think that will be my breaking point, if I make it that far. An open bar, good friends, and fairly close to home.

How on earth do teetotallers manage on such occasions, they don't get invited?

Day 4: Not feeling any different than usual. No headaches which I thought would be in the post, only a horrible feeling of lucidity each evening. The sudden rush of good health hasn't happened.

My liver sent me an email to say hello. I'm sure she thinks she's been transplanted, the poor thing.
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Lisa - If you only drink one beer or so a night, there's no need for you to suffer too!

It's character building. I'm always up for a challenge! smile
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by nicola

Rach - you first!

I received an invite over the weekend, to a friend's 40th birthday party, held on Feb 16. I think that will be my breaking point, if I make it that far. An open bar, good friends, and fairly close to home.

How on earth do teetotallers manage on such occasions, they don't get invited?

Day 4: Not feeling any different than usual. No headaches which I thought would be in the post, only a horrible feeling of lucidity each evening. The sudden rush of good health hasn't happened.

My liver sent me an email to say hello. I'm sure she thinks she's been transplanted, the poor thing.

traditionally, i tend to get trashed on V-day, feb 14, so you may very well beat me smile

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I could give up alcohol for a month, pretty easily. But not in February. Way too much Mardi Gras stuff to go too. We've already had two parades and there's dozens more planned, been to one Mardi Gras ball and another still to attend. Mardi Gras without beer is like dry sex. Not nearly as much fun.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Head Nurse
0 likes
Well ladies, so far I'm with you, although it hasn't been by design or plan. We will see how long I last. My guess is it depends on when the next work dinner is. I'll have a hard time turning down cognac that someone else is buying!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm in. I went easy anyway since January 2nd. I have not had any alcohol for Feb and it's already the 4th. Just little over 20 days to go so.. I can do it.

I had promised myself a healthier year, as a result I have not had any brown coffee (no milk also) since January. So, here we go no alcohol also.. for now.
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Matriarch
0 likes
Was very tempted to open a bottle of wine tonight, had a day from hell.

Managed to crack a tooth at the weekend, and the dentist told me I need a crown (no, not for my head silly). She told me it will take 4 visits, and cost in the region of $2300...have checked around, that's pretty standard. I don't have medical insurance, and even if I did, they'd only pay a max of $750 per year for dental.

Getting old sucks!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Was very tempted to open a bottle of wine tonight, had a day from hell.

Managed to crack a tooth at the weekend, and the dentist told me I need a crown (no, not for my head silly). She told me it will take 4 visits, and cost in the region of $2300...have checked around, that's pretty standard. I don't have medical insurance, and even if I did, they'd only pay a max of $750 per year for dental.

Getting old sucks!

This abstemiousness is already costing you thousands and without the fun.

p.s. Ouch! I have just realized something, Valentine's day is this month and I have already said that I was in for the challenge.
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was in my early twenties before I started drinking on a regular basis. During the years there’s been phases when I’ve stopped completely (the longest being a two year spell) and I’ve not had a drink now for ten months. This came about because the day (or days) afterwards were completely lost. My motivation for stopping was my health, and I’ve definitely seen an improvement, though perhaps not to begin with. Stopping wasn’t particularly difficult; I just found a new routine. I feel better for it, and more like my old self.

*The Dark Room*

How do you talk to an Angel available from Amazon.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
this is hard. i didn't think i really had a problem, but this is hard...