Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Advice on the IUD contraceptive (the coil)

last reply
6 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Hey girls, was going to put this in the health and fitness forum but I thought I'd get more views on ask the gals.
Anyway, I'm looking at getting a coil fitted but was wondering how man of u ladies use this type of contraceptive. If u do, what were yr thoughts on the implantation? Does it hurt?
Would u girls recommend this against other forms of birth control?
Really I just want to hear your advice, opinions and of any side effects you've encountered. Any help would be grateful
x
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
I haven't tried the coil, as its not suitable for me personally, but obviously since you're thinking about it seriously then it must suit your needs. Apparently fitting can be uncomfortable (you may think of getting a local anaesthetic or taking pain killers beforehand) but as a contraceptive the rates are 99% effective for the time the device lasts (3-9 years depending on the type of implant). Also your periods may be more painful and heavier after the device is fitted, but hopefully this will settle down. Sorry this is theoretical rather than actual experience! I've only known people who've had The IUD fitted short term for specific gaeny problems so not much help even thirdhand!! Best of luck with your choice and hope it's right for you smile xx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have 3 friends whom love it..and the freedom it provides, i have another three who had major trouble of one sort or another...from low grade infections to major...so all i can say is "make sure you do your research on all types, ensure you have a good gyno put it in and make sure they monitor you for the first couple of months and then every 6 months after...any slite flu syptoms you ensure you tell them you have one and to check it...sorry i am not a fan...
Head Nurse
0 likes
Love mine. It's the contraceptive of choice for all the nurses I know.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
LOVE my IUD for a million reasons not the least of which is that I rarely have periods anymore! Seriously the best option out there for women. Good luck!
0 likes
Thanks for replying girls! smile
Was just doing a bit more research on it and i've come across another type of coil called an IUS. Does anyone know if this is the better option over the IUD, it doesnt seem to last as long but if anyone has any advice on it it'll help me out. Sometimes there seems too many options
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I've had a Paraguard IUD for nearly 2 years, and I love it. I opted for the hormone-free IUD, because I want to maintain as much as my natural hormonal biology as possible. I don't like taking the pill, because I would likely forget to take it, and I don't want or need pregnancy scares. I considered the Depo-Provera shot, but the weight gain I've observed in others who used it isn't appealing. I can't see myself using Nuva Ring or the patch, either. I also HATE condoms, especially because I have a latex allergy (I go condomless in monogamous relationships only). Since having it, I've had 0 pregnancy scares and no pregnancies. Outside of abstinence (haha), hysterectomy or getting your tubes tied, IUD's are the most effective form of birth control.

Implantation was horrible (even with pain medication), and they implant it during your period. I've never had children, any they say the pain is worse in those without children. My periods last slightly longer than they used to (1 or 2 days longer), and they were heavier in the first few months after implantation. I also had spotting between periods for the first few months after implantation. Fortunately, I have not had infections, etc. from the IUD. It's stayed put, and done its job. An IUD also made sense financially, as my copay for the pill was about $30/month, and I know some women pay more than that. I paid around $700 for my IUD (I believe the price has increased since I got mine), so the IUD pays for itself in slightly over 2 years, but lasts 5 years. It just made sense.

I wish you good luck on your IUD, and stay safe. Happy humping!