Chat and Cybersex on this site question

last reply
58 replies
7.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have been a member of this site for about two weeks and the one thing that has stood out for me is the number of requests to chat I get. I will usually chat with anyone who asks, but it usuallly goes:

Me: Hi how are you.
Them: great but I'd be a lot better with your legs wrapped around me lol
Me thinking to myself: (I'd be a lot better off with my husband's fingers wrapped around your throat before he snaps your neck!!! because some guy just sent me a message asking if I'd like to suck his cock AS I'M TYPING THIS!!!)

I don't report people to moderators when this happens, or block them from contacting me. I'm also not really as angry as I may sound about it. Several people have sent me apology messages when I tell them I'm not into that. I just try to politely let them know that I'm not offended, I'm just not interested in that. My personal opinion is that I enjoy,and am aroused, by people being sexually aroused by my stories. I do not enjoy people being aroused by me. While I am flattered that so many people find me attractive, I feel that any one-on-one sexual roleplay with anyone other than my husband is a form of cheating. Since I'm new here I am interested in other women's opinion on this. Am I out of line being uncomfortable with such activity on a site like this?
I hope you will all follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/@Tammy_Nguyen_77 I can also be found on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TammyNguyen1977

Tammy
Lurker
0 likes
Nope not at all. Just because people are on this type of site does not mean they have to virtual-hump everything that moves or they have to jump directly into sexual conversations. Hang in there. smile

Oh, also know that guys are not the only ones guilty of that behavior. Plenty of gals here do the same thing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There are all kinds of people on this site, here for as many different reasons. I suggest you put a note in your bio that says you aren't interested in cyber if thats the case and tell anyone who can't read no thank you
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Tammy...John and Janet have pretty well covered my thoughts also. I might add that you will also find that there are some men here that are NOT into cyber sex, etc. but just enjoy a convers. with another individual. I wish you luck in your quest to find such friends...They ARE here!!

Rick
Lurker
0 likes
Being brand new this hasn't happened to me yet. I haven't even had a private chat as yet much less anyone talk dirty to me. I'm not really sure how I would react I supposing it might actually be kind of flattering that some wanted to talk to me that way. Still I just don't know how I will feel when and if it ever happens.

Tara
Lurker
0 likes
Ditto for the other advice. smile
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Hi Tammy,

Welcome to Lush!

Yes, it's par for the course on the internet, especially those sites that specialize in erotic elements. I'm not sure if you've tried going Invisible but: Go to 'Accounts', then 'Online Status', then choose Block All (invisible). This will allow you to surf the site without being visible to your friend list and other users. You won't be constantly inundated with cyber-requests and creepers. You can still black-box message people of your choosing. Or you can just hit the 'away' feature. I don't think I've been 'visible' on Lush for at least a year and a half. lol It's just easier this way - you will get to pick and choose who you interact with and when. Close friends know they can BB me anytime and I'll get back to them if/when I'm around.

The cyber thing is popular with some people and not popular with others. When I first came to Lush, I basically just deleted messages like that. If it's a rude intro or over-aggressive intro, it definitely does not require any explanation. Just ignore them or block if they are persistently annoying. If it becomes harassment or something beyond this, please let me or any other moderator know so action can be taken.

Quote by Tammy_Nguyen_77
While I am flattered that so many people find me attractive, I feel that any one-on-one sexual roleplay with anyone other than my husband is a form of cheating. Since I'm new here I am interested in other women's opinion on this. Am I out of line being uncomfortable with such activity on a site like this?

I think whether cyber is cheating is a gray zone for many people. Some don't call it cheating unless a physical barrier has been crossed. Others feel that cyber and online interactions can constitute emotional or psychological cheating. There are married people here who cyber freely and randomly, others who develop online relationships irrespective of their marital status, and others that just want to talk about sex with people in a general way that doesn't necessarily imply that they desire any level of intimacy with the people they're talking to. There are also married people here whose spouses know and encourage them to explore recreational cyber (or do it together). Only they can determine what cheating means to them and more importantly whether it matters to them in a moral way or whether they ultimately fear (or care) about getting caught. Every relationship is different. My feeling is that if you know it would bother your significant other if they found out, it basically constitutes cheating.

The whole cyber dynamic is actually a very small part of Lush. It's just that it's usually the most immediately noticeable because the offers often come pouring in right away. Try going 'invisible' for a few days - enjoy the stories, the forums and meet people that can carry a conversation and you'll get into the groove and start having fun on your own terms. smile
Sophisticate
0 likes
You can also change your status to "away" so that the chat boxes will not open from strangers. I discovered that quickly when I was new. If you do this you can still open one to chat with someone who interests you. If you wish to be here entirely under the radar, you can go into your account details - settings - and change your online status to "invisible".

Don't let the idiots get you down. They can be avoided.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by principessa
You can also change your status to "away" so that the chat boxes will not open from strangers. I discovered that quickly when I was new. If you do this you can still open one to chat with someone who interests you. If you wish to be here entirely under the radar, you can go into your account details - settings - and change your online status to "invisible".

Don't let the idiots get you down. They can be avoided.

That is another good one, or don't show your online status at all. It certainly would cut down on those looking for a target of opportunity.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i still put my to away and get the i am so horny line..lol...so right away i have to be bitchy and say i dont sext...

so i rarely answer them as i just dont cyber...

nothing wrong with people wanting to do it here

but i think that you have to be respectful of the fact that some people just love sex and found this site to be so open and warm

as well as sexy and some amazing writers

i commend you for what you wrote!!

but for as many wanking guys coming on to you there are just as many lovely smart men too smile

good luck happy lushing and keep posting :)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks everyone for the advice. When I signed up for the site Everything was explained about, blocking, and using the away features etc.

I hope people don't think I'm angry at them or offended. I don't block others or make myself invisible because I really don't mind chatting. Some people I've chatted with have taken it in that direction I've politely explained I don't do that and some will just go away, others have kept on chatting with me normally. The vulgar ones I just close the window and don't answer.

I also appreciate everyone's views on cybersex itself. I don't think it's a bad thing, or that even married people shouldn't do it. I just don't do it. That doesn't mean I won't chat with people, I'll just politely make you aware I'm not into that
I hope you will all follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/@Tammy_Nguyen_77 I can also be found on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TammyNguyen1977

Tammy
Lurker
0 likes
As a older guy who uses cybersex, I can say that without it, I might be out and about looking for no-strings sex. I'm attached in a long term relationship but the phases you go both go through can sometimes mean no sex for long periods. I love my partner and respect her choice not to have sex regularly. In a small town, having some cybersex takes away the huge complication of finding a fuck buddy. Cybersex or a real encounter?.........I'll take real every time but not at the risk of getting into something complicated outside my relationship.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Maybe you're attracting a lot more attention than you want because of the very pretty profile pic you use, Vanessa

http://www.myspace.com/551180387/photos

Quote by Tammy_Nguyen_77
I do not enjoy people being aroused by me.

Do you wonder why you get this sort of attention when you tweet things like this...

Welcome to Lush, there's plenty of fun to be had but please, don't treat us like idiots.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
Maybe you're attracting a lot more attention than you want because of the very pretty profile pic you use, Vanessa

http://www.myspace.com/551180387/photos

Do you wonder why you get this sort of attention when you tweet things like this...

Welcome to Lush, there's plenty of fun to be had but please, don't treat us like idiots.

'Lord Over' - you remain deliciously bad! Salander has nothing on you! x
Constant Gardener
0 likes
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

[url=][/url]

[img][/img]

If you don't want to be treated like an idiot, don't act like one.

Mistake #1: I was under the impresion that this forum was ask the Gals

Mistake #2: If males do wish to participate in this topic, at least do me the courtesy of addressing the topic. I sought opinions on whether cybersex was a form of cheating. I did not seek your opinion on anything I choose to Tweet. I am an adult and have the right to Tweet anything I see fit.

Mistake #3 If you are unsure as to your gender, and do not wish to address the topic of the thread, at least know what you're talking about in what you do address. Twitter is not a one-on-one, private, real-time chat application comparable to the one offered here. a Tweet is in no way analagous to cybersex, and I find your comment insulting. Check the timestamps on those Tweets pal. They were made at 3AM two days ago. If you want to beat your meat to them be my guest.

Tammy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Tammy_Nguyen_77

Mistake #2: If males do wish to participate in this topic, at least do me the courtesy of addressing the topic. I sought opinions on whether cybersex was a form of cheating. I did not seek your opinion on anything I choose to Tweet. I am an adult and have the right to Tweet anything I see fit.

Mistake #3 If you are unsure as to your gender, and do not wish to address the topic of the thread, at least know what you're talking about in what you do address. Twitter is not a one-on-one, private, real-time chat application comparable to the one offered here. a Tweet is in no way analagous to cybersex, and I find your comment insulting. Check the timestamps on those Tweets pal. They were made at 3AM two days ago. If you want to beat your meat to them be my guest.

You GO GIRL! I think you're gonna be fine on here
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by BelleduJour

You GO GIRL!

Are you sure about that?

Quote by Tammy_Nguyen_77

#1 I'm fully aware of where I am, nowhere in the guidelines does it state that any of these forums are barred to participation from either gender or any orientation

#2 and #3 The question you asked was this:

Quote by Tammy_Nguyen_77
Am I out of line being uncomfortable with such activity on a site like this?

I was merely pointing out that your activity including the posting of provocative bikini photos on the internet and publicly tweeting things like "Damn!!! I Hate it when my husband leaves early for work & I wake up in the mood all by myself." might be seen as a little bit of a come-on.

There's very little difference between a tweet and Lush profile blog - if you give people your twitter details on your profile AS YOU DO of course people will go there.

I know what I am and I know when I smell a load of self-serving bullshit, and "lady" you are full of it.

Is that picture you are so flattered that people find attractive actually you? If it isn't, why did you choose it? If it is - what's the deal with the sexy bikini shots from someone who says "I do not enjoy people being aroused by me."?

No, instantly assuming it's ok to cyber isn't cool - from anyone, but I know that the pic I use and the things I say will make people talk to me in a certain way - and I deal with it. So should you.
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

I was merely pointing out that your activity including the posting of provocative bikini photos on the internet and publicly tweeting things like "Damn!!! I Hate it when my husband leaves early for work & I wake up in the mood all by myself." might be seen as a little bit of a come-on.

There's very little difference between a tweet and Lush profile blog - if you give people your twitter details on your profile AS YOU DO of course people will go there.

I know what I am and I know when I smell a load of self-serving bullshit, and "lady" you are full of it.

Is that picture you are so flattered that people find attractive actually you? If it isn't, why did you choose it? If it is - what's the deal with the sexy bikini shots from someone who says "I do not enjoy people being aroused by me."?

[img][/img]

No, instantly assuming it's ok to cyber isn't cool - from anyone, but I know that the pic I use and the things I say will make people talk to me in a certain way - and I deal with it. So should you.

You know what you're absolutely right. Lesson learned two weeks in. Avatar changed, online status set to invisible, availability set to away

you guys have fun!!

Tammy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

That is like saying a woman who goes out wearing sexy revealing clothes and gets was asking for it!!

How you dress, how you act, no matter how sexy or revealing it may be is no excuse for guys(or girls) to treat someone disrespectful. It is one thing when a guy asks to cyber, but just like IRL, No means NO and he should respect that and move on and not continue to ask or harass!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've made a very conscious effort to conduct myself with grace and dignity as I make my way through the forums and have chosen NOT to engage in many of the hijacking of posts and cruel mud slinging that seems to have become an epidemic on many threads these days, delivered at the hands of a handful of particular Lushies. My silence ends here...

Yes OMKN, I AM SURE about my comment - thank you for asking.

I may not agree with what Tammy Nguyen is doing but she has every right to act and post as she pleases just as you have time and time again. If she chooses to play the role of the Virgin Mary while on Lush but wants to whore herself out on Twitter, go for it! Its not MY life and her actions do not impact me in anyway. She has to answer to her own conscience and especially to her husband if he is unaware of what she's doing.

And if her profile is indeed FAKE, honestly, who the f**k cares?? He/she wasn't asking for your feedback in that regard so MOVE ON already.

What I was agreeing with was his/her courage to stand up to YOU and having the gumption yo respond to your very cruel attack - a VERY low blow in my opinion.

I've been around the forums long enough to have seen you post and make your comments and pass judgements and engage in, if not INITIATE , much of the pathetic mud slinging that has overtaken so many of the threads. Lush is supposed to be a place of fun and fantasy and escapism as well as a place where people should feel safe to say and do and BE who they want. Period. Who died and made you God?

Its clear you are bored and have far too much time on your hands and have sunk to an all-time low in the way you have chosen to conduct yourself on here. I find your hijacking of people's comments and posts to be cruel, cocky, self rightious not to mention uncalled for and even despicable in some cases.

I believe in the freedom of speech. I don't expect everyone to like nor agree with everything that is said on the forums BUT there is a right way and a wrong way to make your point. You have something to say, say it BUT the WAY in which you do, in particular with regards to THIS thread, only shows you to be a sadistic shit-disturbing cyber bully. Congratulations.

I suspect the powers-that-be on Lush will come knocking on your door soon enough if they haven't already.

Have a nice day.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

That is like saying a woman who goes out wearing sexy revealing clothes and gets was asking for it!!

How you dress, how you act, no matter how sexy or revealing it may be is no excuse for guys(or girls) to treat someone disrespectful. It is one thing when a guy asks to cyber, but just like IRL, No means NO and he should respect that and move on and not continue to ask or harass!

No it is not and you know it.

What it IS like saying is that someone who dresses like that is likely to draw attention, be hit upon, and have some women thinking "who the hell is that skank?". That doesn't mean that anyone can have sex with her - and that is definitely not what I said. Don't put words in my mouth (or whatever the forum equivalent is).

Lurker
0 likes
I see both sides of the issue, which seems to now be anchored on personality differences and posting styles.

I can see how the initial post would very well appear to be in direct conflict with tweets and even another online account that uses the same exact pictures of the member, but with a totally different name... as well as how there does seem to be a direct desire for attention, but the original post claims otherwise. So that is the situation.... how do you address the original question would be the real issue, right? Or maybe not address it at all?

The simple truth is that no matter if "her" account is real or not, if the member says to not try to cyber with her/him, then don't. The advice given so far on that matter has been pretty good. There is a lot each member can do to eliminate unwanted attention of any kind. Also the signals each of us clearly present are part of what we can do as well. And in most cases the responses we get can be pretty predictable.

I also find it kind of comical in a way that when a member posts about "fake" accounts here, other members laugh at it and pretty much tell them to suck it up, it is part of the "fantasy".... and yet we have an account NOW that looks like it could very well be one of those types of accounts, and it seems to BE a problem? LOL I personally have tried to distance myself from these types of issues since it was clear that no matter what side you stand on, you will likely piss off someone or they will at a minimum think your are being silly.

So whatever the case, if someone, for any reason, shows a desire to NOT have you contact them (for cyber or anything else), just don't do it. Everyone will be much happier.

The rest... forum politics... and I have no desire to jump head first into a steaming pile of THAT. ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

What it IS like saying is that someone who dresses like that is likely to draw attention, be hit upon, and have some women thinking "who the hell is that skank?". That doesn't mean that anyone can have sex with her - and that is definitely not what I said. Don't put words in my mouth (or whatever the forum equivalent is).

Jesus dude you won, I changed the fucking avatar. You just can't keep your big dumb mouth shut can you? No wonder you have to jack off in front of the computer and I'm probably not the only girl who doesn't want to do that with you.

I never said you or anyone else SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T do it.

All I said was that I didn't want to do it. I think it's cheating on MY husband.

All I wanted was opinions on whether YOU thought it was cheating on YOUR spouse. I gave no opinion on what anyone eles should or shouldn't do, even you think it IS cheating. I certainly didn't care about the other bullshit you've brought up in my topic, on a forum you're not even supposed to be in.

If you insist on being in the girls forum and insulting me in my own topic at least do me the courtesy of answering my question.

DO YOU, OR DO YOU NOT, FEEL CYBERSEX IS A FORM OF CHEATING ON YOUR FUCKING SPOUSE!!!!

GODDAMMIT!!!

Tammy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The general rule is, as far as I'm aware, if you wouldn't tell your husband that you're doing it, it's cheating.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

I was exagerating to make a point. And that is if you post sexy pics, that doesnt give anyone the right to harass you. If a guy asked her to cyber, thats cool. But if she declines and he keeps at it, then he is being a disrespectful asshole. And you cant deny that happens here. When it happens to me, I choose to ignore it, well I do now. Going off on them for being losers isnt worth my time.

And if I put words in your mouth (or the lush equivalent,LOL) or misunderstood your point, I appologize.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by BelleduJour
I've made a very conscious effort to conduct myself with grace and dignity as I make my way through the forums and have chosen NOT to engage in many of the hijacking of posts and cruel mud slinging that seems to have become an epidemic on many threads these days, delivered at the hands of a handful of particular Lushies. My silence ends here...

Yes OMKN, I AM SURE about my comment - thank you for asking.

I may not agree with what Tammy Nguyen is doing but she has every right to act and post as she pleases just as you have time and time again. If she chooses to play the role of the Virgin Mary while on Lush but wants to whore herself out on Twitter, go for it! Its not MY life and her actions do not impact me in anyway. She has to answer to her own conscience and especially to her husband if he is unaware of what she's doing.

And if her profile is indeed FAKE, honestly, who the f**k cares?? He/she wasn't asking for your feedback in that regard so MOVE ON already.

What I was agreeing with was his/her courage to stand up to YOU and having the gumption yo respond to your very cruel attack - a VERY low blow in my opinion.

I've been around the forums long enough to have seen you post and make your comments and pass judgements and engage in, if not INITIATE , much of the pathetic mud slinging that has overtaken so many of the threads. Lush is supposed to be a place of fun and fantasy and escapism as well as a place where people should feel safe to say and do and BE who they want. Period. Who died and made you God?

Its clear you are bored and have far too much time on your hands and have sunk to an all-time low in the way you have chosen to conduct yourself on here. I find your hijacking of people's comments and posts to be cruel, cocky, self rightious not to mention uncalled for and even despicable in some cases.

I believe in the freedom of speech. I don't expect everyone to like nor agree with everything that is said on the forums BUT there is a right way and a wrong way to make your point. You have something to say, say it BUT the WAY in which you do, in particular with regards to THIS thread, only shows you to be a sadistic shit-disturbing cyber bully. Congratulations.

I suspect the powers-that-be on Lush will come knocking on your door soon enough if they haven't already.

Have a nice day.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Put your lovely avatar back up. You're very pretty by the way but if you feel the need to hide behind an avatar that's quite okay, too.

I agree though. I don't mind if someone feels the need to jack off over my stories or pictures or whatever is on my profile.
I just don't want to discuss it with them. I'm quite okay not having a play-by-play.
I'm always set to invisible and away and I very rarely chat nor do I use the chat rooms.
I prefer mail or black boxes. And its usually to share a joke or a laugh or a comment about someone's blog or something in the forums.
Pretty boring stuff in the world of cyber.
I don't feel that cyber is cheating though. And I have engaged in it in the past, but I'm not comfortable enough with anyone here to attempt it, nor am I looking for it.
I'll never fault a guy (or girl) for trying, but I will if they can't get the hint when I say "No thanks"
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by Tammy_Nguyen_77

GODDAMMIT!!!

Take it from a frequent utilizer of gratuitous profanity, this was a great addition to your rant. Well done.