Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

With all the talk of Global Climate Change Options · View
TheCrimsonKing
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2013 1:17:05 AM

Scientists are often over-confident in their presumptions. To be as confident as they are in technology of the 60's, 50's, 40's, etc is very foolish in my opinion. The fact that if scientific models said nothing was happening then funds would dry up is something you can't overlook either. Believing that "big corporations" try to hide evidence and not believing that the people who get payed to research this stuff do the same is also entirely foolish.
Confidence in our superiority of this planet is illogical as well. This planet is 4.5 billion years old. We are nothing but a small flea infestation. Not that I believe mother nature is a real entity or anything, but if she wanted too, she could annihilate us in seconds.

I'm not even denying that the planet is warming or that we might be responsible. I just want some perspective thrown in for the sake of argument.
Monocle
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2013 7:05:02 PM

TheCrimsonKing wrote:
Scientists are often over-confident in their presumptions.

You clearly don't really know any scientists.

Quote:
The fact that if scientific models said nothing was happening then funds would dry up is something you can't overlook either.

You don't know how scientific funding works either.

Quote:
Believing that "big corporations" try to hide evidence and not believing that the people who get payed to research this stuff do the same is also entirely foolish.

Except for the fact that it flies in the face of the very basis of scientific inquiry. It's like saying lawyers only study law so they can become better criminals.