When you say, "Sorry, guys ..." ?

last reply
12 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I have real life and Lush friends of both genders and a variety of sexual orientations. I sometimes find it bothersome that so many ladies, particularly lesbian and bisexual, have very strong messages that they DO NOT speak to males.

I guess I am just wondering if this is a result of the rude, aggressive and cocky behavior of the "average" male, or is it truly a desire not to make friends with males.

If it is the former, then I suspect the messages are ineffective, as those males are the sort who don't often read or respect what is on a profile page.

Well, there you go! I look forward to your insight.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
personally, i have no issues talking to guys here. some of them are pretty great. some of them are horndogs, of course, but you get used to it, and learn to either avoid or deflect those. in my offline life, i'd say that probably 50% of my close friends are guys - sure, i might be a little more naturally comfortable around women, but i like guys too. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I talk to both sexes. I don't want to limit myself to finding really great friends no matter what they have between their legs and ears.
Bunker Love
My Dream my latest stopry
Lurker
0 likes
I'm not on here to troll for "date/pics/online action", and if you're that broadly dismissive I most likely won't relate intellectually anyways. So it's kind of like a profile filter ; )

Though that might not be so typical... so I can somewhat understand why some women might be tired of constantly being messaged over some picture on their profile (though I do agree that people who are most likely to message random women aren't going to be so deterred by that posted statement).
Lurker
0 likes
I think its fine for the ladies to say no guys, and then they will only chat with whom they feel comfortable with.
What I do find strange is in the chat rooms having just said Hi nothing more some ladies, it turns out are either Lesbian or Bi just leave the chat room. It is not just me have seen other guys get the same reaction to.
Surely if you go into a chat room for both sexes it says at the very least you will expect to say Hi or how are you and leave it at that? After all there are rooms for Ladies only and Men only if you feel so strongly.
Perhaps Lush needs some flag on an Avatar to indicate who the owner is happy chatting with gender wise?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Personally I have found that many guys have been rude and obnoxious. However, I come here to make girl friends. You are also right, putting a note in my profile that tells men I am not interested in chatting to avoid wasting their time was a waste of my time because men evidently don't know how to read or are so rude they don't care how I feel.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't know if this is true... but I have heard that a good percentage of the 'girls' who say they will not talk to males, are in fact males themselves... jus sayin
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by trinket
I don't know if this is true... but I have heard that a good percentage of the 'girls' who say they will not talk to males, are in fact males themselves... jus sayin

Heard that, too...and I believe it LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am pretty selective in what males on Lush I will chat with. I have found many to be just looking for a cyber fuck buddy and that is really not why I am here. And when I say Im not interested, tgey either get nasty or dont want to chat about anything else.

But IRL, I have many male friends. It would be difficult to be Bi without any male friends right, LOL!! As for sex, I love both men and women. But for a serious relationship beyond sex, due to past experiences, I have a very difficult time trusting men anymore.
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by Snoman71
I have real life and Lush friends of both genders and a variety of sexual orientations. I sometimes find it bothersome that so many ladies, particularly lesbian and bisexual, have very strong messages that they DO NOT speak to males.

I guess I am just wondering if this is a result of the rude, aggressive and cocky behavior of the "average" male, or is it truly a desire not to make friends with males.

If it is the former, then I suspect the messages are ineffective, as those males are the sort who don't often read or respect what is on a profile page.

Well, there you go! I look forward to your insight.

I will pretty much talk to anyone until they are rude (male or female). I tell everyone up front that I don't cyber, or chat at all for that matter, with anyone. Just black boxes and PMs. If they persist, then I will immediately unfriend and/or block. I've found that if they're rude in the beginning, it usually doesn't get any better. I don't waste a lot of time with it.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
I am pretty selective in what males on Lush I will chat with. I have found many to be just looking for a cyber fuck buddy and that is really not why I am here. And when I say Im not interested, tgey either get nasty or dont want to chat about anything else.

But IRL, I have many male friends. It would be difficult to be Bi without any male friends right, LOL!! As for sex, I love both men and women.
But for a serious relationship beyond sex, due to past experiences, I have a very difficult time trusting men anymore.

All of this in the bold. And plus I find that in a lot of cases (not ALL, but a great amount) that the ABSOLUTELY NO GUYS ALLOWED profiles are typically men pretending to be women trying to get some hot woman on woman action going. Which I find hilarious because these types usually run into another guy doing the exact same thing. On the other hand, I've seen women go batshit crazy in the chat rooms just because a guy literally says "Hi". It's the most bazaar thing I've ever witnessed. I'd converse with anyone...sex doesn't matter...as long as they're respectable. But I don't private chat with anyone, just a personal preference.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012

All of this in the bold. And plus I find that in a lot of cases (not ALL, but a great amount) that the ABSOLUTELY NO GUYS ALLOWED profiles are typically men pretending to be women trying to get some hot woman on woman action going. Which I find hilarious because these types usually run into another guy doing the exact same thing. On the other hand, I've seen women go batshit crazy in the chat rooms just because a guy literally says "Hi". It's the most bazaar thing I've ever witnessed. I'd converse with anyone...sex doesn't matter...as long as they're respectable. But I don't private chat with anyone, just a personal preference.

I agree and have seen similar.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by CurlyGirly

I will pretty much talk to anyone until they are rude (male or female). I tell everyone up front that I don't cyber, or chat at all for that matter, with anyone. Just black boxes and PMs. If they persist, then I will immediately unfriend and/or block. I've found that if they're rude in the beginning, it usually doesn't get any better. I don't waste a lot of time with it.

i completely agree. i start with talking to everyone...give them a chance and learn about them...but then i will soon know if they are keepers or if i need to avoid them/block if and when it goes to whispers asking completely inappropriate things.
my newest :)