Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Poll Question : Should obese people be classified as disabled?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes, poor guys can't help it pork tastes so good 1 3 %
Yes, only if it's a medical condition 16 61 %
No way, it's usually self-inflicted 9 34 %

Should obese people be classified as disabled? Options · View
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013 11:35:56 AM

Morgan wrote:
Screw them.

The region I live in is riddled with these fat, chinless fucks, who's only real medical complaint seems to be that they carry a walking stick and have a miserable look on their face. I see the bastards driving about in their brand new cars, paid for by the taxpayer and provided by Disability Scotland.

Unless fatassedness is the result of a straight up medical condition their bitch asses should be made to run until their boots fill up with blood.

Then sent to work.

I'm wondering if insulting assedness is a medical condition?
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013 11:37:53 AM

Magical_felix wrote:
What's the difference between a person that is so fat that they are disabled and a person that went rock climbing, slipped, fell and got paralyzed? The rock climber was doing something unnecessary. Something that was purely for fun just like an obese person that eats too much to fill some void in their lives.

They both did it to themselves... But I am sure no one would jump on the paralyzed rock climber and say that they don't deserve the disabled label or help because, hey, they did it to themselves.

I agree!

But wasn't the question whether OBESITY should be classified as a disability? To make it a fair comparison, one must also ask then, "Should rock climbers be classified as disabled?" And I think all of us would agree that the CAUSE of the disability should not be the thing classified as a disability, but the disability itself no matter what caused it. There are plenty of obese people that are NOT "disabled". But indeed being obese CAN cause someone to be disabled. They are not mutual nor exclusive issues.... much like rock climbing.

The other issues are side issues, and important. But not IMO tied to the base question asked. It is easy to get side tracked though, more so when the goal is to sidetrack. :)
LadyX
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013 11:40:18 AM

JohnC wrote:

I agree!

But wasn't the question whether OBESITY should be classified as a disability? To make it a fair comparison, one must also ask then, "Should rock climbers be classified as disabled?" And I think all of us would agree that the CAUSE of the disability should not be the thing classified as a disability, but the disability itself no matter what caused it. There are plenty of obese people that are NOT "disabled". But indeed being obese CAN cause someone to be disabled. They are not mutual nor exclusive issues.... much like rock climbing.

The other issues, the are side issues, and important. But not IMO tied to the base question asked. It is easy to get side tracked though, more so when the goal is to sidetrack. :)

Seems like obesity isn't a disability, but some of the side effects of it might qualify. If you can't walk moderate distances, or are not very mobile by other parameters, then clearly you're disabled.
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013 2:44:36 PM

LadyX wrote:

Seems like obesity isn't a disability, but some of the side effects of it might qualify. If you can't walk moderate distances, or are not very mobile by other parameters, then clearly you're disabled.

Exactly. And agreed. toast
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013 5:23:50 PM

I agree with the majority Obese people shouldnt be considered disabled.

Yes there is a small percentage who have gotten that way because of medical reasons but it is more common it is the combination of lack of exercise and poor diet. It is true some of the side effects of obesity could be considered a disability but if with a little effort it could be improved they should try to improve there health.

Why should people who are obese be considered disabled, when people who have diseases such as severe types of epilespy, cancer, tumors, cerberal palsy, autism not be able to have that classification and struggle by no fault of their own.
Magnuson
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2013 8:16:49 PM

For the most part gluttony has nothing to do with it. The major factor is high fructose corn syrup, they use it cuz it tastes very sweet and its very cheap. When you eat that most of it goes directly to fat and its the hardest kind of fat there is to try to burn off. Its in everything now, soda pop, and almost every processed food, even in Shreddies, the only cereal I will eat now is oat meal or whole grain cereal like Red River. If cane or beet sugar was used instead of high fructose corn syrup there would not be near as many obese people.

If someone is near incapacitated then they are disabled no matter what the cause. Obese people should be helped towards better nutrition, when you have proper nutrition you naturally dont eat as much.

I am Magnus a single man, straight, 55.