Do any of you guys

last reply
39 replies
4.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Live in your parents basement? or have you ever lived in your parents basement? Be Honest please thank you.
Lurker
0 likes
LOL Not me.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Basements are pretty rare in the UK. I've lived in about 18 different houses and none of them had basements.

I don't live with my parents. I left for university three and a half years ago and now share a flat with two other students. I still have a bedroom at my mother's house and a load of my crap, but I have no intention of ever moving back there for any extended period of time. That would be a huge step backwards, in my view.
Clever Gem
0 likes
IF ONLY!!! My parents basement in canada, is masses bigger than my whole house in the UK, the joys of an overpopulated London, hamster houses.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious
No, I haven't lived with my parents since I was 16. I have been self sufficient since then, and now have the most beautiful home I have ever owned.

How about you? Be honest.
No, but i slept on a couch in my parent's loft when i moved back home. My apartment started falling apart, it had recently changed ownership and the new owner/landlord was too busy working a full time job to care for his property( his excuse). So i opted to pay 600 bucks a month to sleep on my parents couch as well as purchase about 100 to 200$ a month in groceries per month.

My dad isnt a very good guy, career school bus driver since he was like 30 yrs old, mom wore the pants in the family for a significant amount of time before becoming disabled. Back then i made a shit load of money and pretty much lived life like a rock n roll star, so money was pretty much no object. Always had to pay rent since i turned 17 though, when money wasn't so good, pretty much everything i earned went towards rent lol. (Brutally honest)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by crazydiamond
IF ONLY!!! My parents basement in canada, is masses bigger than my whole house in the UK, the joys of an overpopulated London, hamster houses.
Do the houses come equiped with a wheel?
Clever Gem
0 likes
Quote by lovewhenuswallow
Do the houses come equiped with a wheel?

nahhh us working class have to jog arounnd the block.
Can you believe that!
Ones' status really is put to shame when one has to excercise outside of the palace grounds.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not me. Left home at 18 and never went back. Life was so much better away from all the rules.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I never lived in my parents' basement but if it makes you feel better I will sleep in my own basement on hot nights.
Princess Blondie
0 likes
Nope
†Jinxy Approved†

Detention Seeker
0 likes
We never lived in a house with a basement sad
Lurker
0 likes
No. Left home at 18. But now because of circumstances on both sides of the situation we now live in my son's basement. We babysit our 2 grandsons.
Lurker
0 likes
i did when i was hurt and couldnt take care of myself i was forced to move home
Lurker
0 likes
Nope, only house I've ever lived in with a basement was when i was a kid. I'd Love to have a Dungeonsmile
Site administrator
0 likes
Nope and hell if the basement had no windows I couldnt stay in it for sure ...
Lurker
0 likes
Nope.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Fortunately I never had to. With the terrible economic situation here in the US I can understand how many people in their 20's have to live at home. They can't find work and have large student loans to pay. Both my kids were able to find full time employment upon graduation in fields they studied in college.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No I mean I'm only 20 years old soo I guess it doesn't count, but after I move out I don't expect do move back
Lurker
0 likes
After I got out of the military, jobs were scarce - moved back in with the parents - yes, my room was in the basement. Year and a half later I had a good job, bought a house and lived there ever since - 27+ years in my own place - already had it when I met the future Mrs.
Lurker
0 likes
There are a lot of basements that you couldn't live in here because of the mustiness due to mold. But some have been waterproofed and finished, and make nice places to be. Would I live in my parent's basement? I could if that scenario came up, yes.
Lurker
0 likes
Does anybody else think this is an odd question to ask considering this is a Lush forum?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I left home when I was 18 and joined the military. And my parents never had a basement.
Lurker
0 likes
Have you ever lived in your parents basement?

Is this some kind of incest or paedo based coded message/question?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
'' I'm afraid that door is always locked we never go there. Oh that scratching noise well ... we hear it periodically but it goes away after a while. Oh that little opening with the bolt on it that's where we slide in the food but we only do that when we hear whines and snuffles coming under the door. Most of the time things are quiet. But we never go there or open the door.''
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Never been back since I left home when I got married 51 years ago
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Never been back since I left home when I got married 51 years ago
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I had recently graduated from college and working with an advance team with a rock and roll promoter, I left a meeting that stayed late at a restaurant, while walking to my car across a parking lot some drunken jackass driving at a high rate of speed lost control of his car, jumped out of the road and slammed into me.
My left leg was broken in several places and the muscles in my hip and knee torn and skull fracture, i was in a come for four days. A local cop was writing reports in the parking lot, witnessed the accident and gave chase when the driver failed to pull over. The driver had 3X the allowable alcohol in his system and was arrested, in addition to drunk driving he was charged with driving with a suspended license and driving without insurance.
I was fortunate that my parents had a bed in the basement that I could live in for a year following numerous surgeries and rehab.
The drunk never paid me a dime and I was fortunate after a long battle with my company's workmen's comp carrier to receive a check two years after the accident for lost wages.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
After being a boarder in a boarding school always have lived independent .