Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Is there a difference in sensation with various types of condoms ?

last reply
10 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Whether it be a plain non lubricated condom / studded condoms /raised spirals condom / ribbed condoms/ ribbed and studded condoms?

maybe the bdsm folks prefer a piece of barbed wire wrapped around a plain condom?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Um ... all I can offer is there is a big difference between lubricated and non-lubricated when it comes to getting busy ... and if you want her to offer some oral sex, do not use condoms with spermicide ... ick.

As for the "ribbed for her pleasure" ... can't say it does much for me. Thank god I'm past the days of having my lover need the damn things.
"If you knew what you were doing you would probably be bored."
Lurker
0 likes
One's that my lover[s] have used and I've enjoyed are Rough Rider and ONE 576 Sensations [studded]. Always fun too if I get to put it on him and enjoy the feel of his cock before I get to feel mim in me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Personally, I prefer just the plain (smooth) lubricated condoms over anything with ridges, studs, swirls or whatever Once I know my man and I are monogomous (and tested), I'm more than thrilled to do my happy dance when we can finally throw away them Trojans once and for all!!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Usually it's up to the guy, so I don't care that much. I do prefer ultra-thins to hyper-designed stuff like ridges and studs. The less I notice that a condom is actually on, the better.

In my experience, the Japanese actually do the ultra-thins best (eg. Kimono brand).

Quote by Quote

Japanese Condom Technology

In contrast to the U.S., Japan’s condom industry has continued to explore product development and improved quality levels. During the 1950s, because of the risks associated with oral contraception, the Japanese government prohibited the use of birth control pills and offered government support for research and development of condoms. As a result, condoms became the most common form of birth control, used by 80 percent of sexually active Japanese couples. Such government and consumer demand have catalyzed technological advances in condom production, unparalleled in the rest of the world. To this day, Japanese condoms are thinner and considered superior by many condom users.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I never really found any difference. The ones that claim "Ribbed for her pleasure" really didnt feel any different to me. Much prefer it without a condom but since I am not in a committed relationship with a man, I rather be safe.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
I never really found any difference. The ones that claim "Ribbed for her pleasure" really didnt feel any different to me. Much prefer it without a condom but since I am not in a committed relationship with a man, I rather be safe.

They always remind me of a joke I once heard: "I'm so selfish when it comes to sex, I even wear ribbed condoms inside-out"
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
I find the ribbed ones feel better but only if he doesn't wear it inside-out!
Lurker
0 likes
yes there is a difference but i dont like condoms much
Clever Gem
0 likes
It really depends on how many of these various condoms you are wearing at one time.

Kidding, in my experience, they ALL effect sensation for him, for me they are horrid things i'm allergic to quite a few, luckily I only had to use them in between other forms of birth control for minimal time. In short, I hate the wretched things.
Orgasm Aficionado
0 likes
Never really noticed - good lubrication is much more important than anything else.