Do you have a goal as a lush author?

last reply
83 replies
9.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
do you want you story to get a certain number of views? A certain Avg score?

my goal is to get at least 1 story in each category. I have 1 down...a lot more to go
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't have a goal per se. If the reader gets aroused on what I wrote, I'd be very happy. Votes and constructive comments are welcome too, but I don't think of them as much as I used to when I first joined.
In custody.

I love baseball!!!
Lurker
0 likes
I am working on my first story cant wait to see if it gets published. biggrin
Clumeleon
0 likes
I used to have the same goal as you, Haineko (although I was willing to forego a few categories). However, that goal has become an individual writing project which I hope to publish one day.

I guess the goal is different with every story I post here because each is written to evoke a certain reaction from readers. Sometimes it's about getting a decent score to acknowledge the hard work I put into crafting a well-written piece. Sometimes it's about increasing my readership. Sometimes all I want is one usefully critical comment.

Overall on Lush? I want to get at least one e-Book out this year. I want to (one day) win one of these bloody competitions. And, of course, I always want to get more followers—that's the real sign that I'm doing something right.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Absolutely! My first goal is to write a story much better than the last one I wrote.

Other goals are encompassed under that overall goal.

• To improve my writing skills.
• To create a story which delivers much pleasure to its readers.
• To create stories that people will remember with great fondness.
• To earn high praise and recognition.
• To eventually produce stories that deliver a wow factor.

When I first began to write stories it was to cleanse my soul of some hurtful and dark things that had happened. I feel as if I have been purged. Now I just want to expand my abilities until I completely reach excellence.

I have 2 types of stories. There is my college series that is mostly just for fun. Then my fiction stories where I am trying to push myself to new levels and develop my skills.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I guess I have a couple of goals here, personally. The first goal is to improve my writing. When I submit a story to Lush, I can actually get it read by someone other than myself, and hopefully get feedback. I figure that people who comment and rate my work may be other authors who know the amount of work that goes into a story, and comment honestly, but tactfully.

To date, I've only submitted one story, which doesn't really help out my writing. Part of the problem is that real life has found a way to intrude in the form of an exhausting job and a demanding school schedule.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My goal is pretty simple: to share the fantasies that swirl around in my mind. I tried a different site when I first started publishing my stories and the trolls were the worst; obviously jealous buffoons with little else to do then sit in the parent's basement and slam people with a bit of creative talent. THANK GOD that someone who enjoyed my work hooked me up with this site!
"If you knew what you were doing you would probably be bored."
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Do you have a goal as a lush author?

I just wanted to bang one of the other authors.
Lurker
0 likes
another Longer term goal is to get published.

be it through lush or on my own erotic or non erotic I want to get my work out there for everyone to enjoy.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
I write because I enjoy it.
More than anything, it's about improving your craft and bringing pleasure to readers through your work.
To know your efforts are appreciated is important - that is why commenting on stories you have liked is valuable.
Praise is the reward and criticism is the mark by which you aim to improve with your next one.
Specifically with regards to lush, there are three things I would say are personal ambitions of mine:

** I would like to win a competition at some point; just because they are so much fun smile

** To have a 'Famous Story' would be great. Just the idea of that many people reading one of your pieces is humbling.

** Some more 'Editors' Choice' awards would likewise be a great honour.

Setting yourself a personal goal is simply a motivational tool.
Write because you love it, improve because you want to and with hard work you can achieve anything.

Liz
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by Liz
** To have a 'Famous Story' would be great. Just the idea of that many people reading one of your pieces is humbling.

I have one story at nearly 27,000 views. Judging by its current trajectory, I should get my Famous Story badge in about 4–5 years.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by clum

I have one story at nearly 27,000 views. Judging by its current trajectory, I should get my Famous Story badge in about 4–5 years.

Refresh, refresh, refresh... biggrin
Lurker
0 likes
I guess my only real goal is to improve. I want to be the best writer I can be!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Get my first story down, and uploaded.
Well that's just my opinion, sorry if you don't like.

BigDaddyRich
0 likes
My goal on Lush (this year) is to write one story per month for the whole year. It's not much of a challenge for writers who are able to churn out stories at a fast rate but I generally let any little thing distract me. I've found I need to give myself a deadline to stay focused.

It's working well so far. I've been getting into better writing habits that I'm hoping will help me continue on with this for the remainder of the year and beyond.
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

I just wanted to bang one of the other authors.

I actually believe you... Good Luck!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not really, I like to write and share my stuff on here. My real goal lies in professional writing/publishing.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

0 likes
I enjoy writing and have never had an audience before. My goal is simply to get some stories out there and get some reactions to my writing. I do have grander plans for doing something more (a novel, but likely not an erotic one) so it's a bit a of playground for me to get my style and such worked out in front of an audience. Kind of like the amateur singer jumping up on stage on open mike night, I guess.
Lurker
0 likes
Hey, I'm here to share my stories and arouse the readers with them.
Lurker
0 likes
I would like to keep improving and I like the idea of publishing a story in every category. I would like to place in a contest at some point. I would like to publish a book at some point. Also, being an artist, I'd like to make an erotic graphic novel (that's a comic book for all the non nerds). Whether or not these things happen doesn't stress me. Writing and getting feedback (really, I really appreciate the feedback - shameless plug - read my stories) is so fulfilling. It's an awesomely erotic time reading stories and coming up with sexy ideas!
Detention Seeker
0 likes
To Try to improve with each story and maybe one day to get one published ( a long way of yet ) but great fun trying.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
My biggest goal is to keep improving in my skills. That’s something I can say I have done in the few short months I have been here! I’m so proud of my little Poppet self.

I’d LIKE to do a story in each category; however there are two I don’t really see myself doing. Maybe one day!

Right now, I’d LOVE to do an audio, but I don’t know how! I wish someone would answer me on how to do one!
Orgasm Aficionado
0 likes
I want to have fun; I want to play with words; I want to create worlds; create characters and then share them. I want to take all this crazy, sexy, funny stuff that has been lurking in my head and get it out there. I want to give people pleasure - I like to surprise them; make them laugh; and yes, I like to make them come (it is erotica after all).

Writing challenges? Well, I've managed to incorporate witches, terminators and a tyrannosaur into my recent stories. I know what's coming next and it's even bigger.

My writing goal for this year was to publish ten eBooks. I've done six so far, with two more partially complete and a load of notes and half-finished ideas. I've sketched the outline of three novels but can't imagine that I'll get round to writing those for a while.

As I said at the beginning - I want to have fun and Lush is a massive part of what makes this fun.
Mazztastic
0 likes
I just came here to post a couple of stories and that was it, so to that end I have achieved my goal...

However, I've now written quite a lot here now and much more that I haven't posted. I've been fortunate to have had some EPs, been placed in a comp, there are people who 'follow' the things I've posted, some kindly folks have 'favourited' some of my stories, I've recorded audio versions (I could never ever have imagined doing that - I hate my voice!), I've got good numbers where votes and comments are concerned.

Really, I'm very very happy with the way things have gone so far and I could never have done any of it without Lush.

I'd quite like to get a famous story and I guess that might well happen in time. I'd like to push my boundaries by writing stories for categories that I've not yet explored.

What I find now is that the way I write has changed quite a lot since I first tentatively submitted a story here. My stories are getting longer, more detailed and more involved, so I suppose the logical step is to think about investigating the possibility of being published. I have two books just about ready to go, so that's pretty exciting.

I've also been writing with other people and that's been an interesting process...

I could never have imagined this...

Lush is a pretty damned awesome playground...
Lurker
0 likes
Firstly I'm very happy when one of my stories gets published because I see that as an achievement and secondly if lots of people read them and I get good feedback I'm delighted.
Lurker
0 likes
For me writing is self indulgent, feels good to put my own fantasies into words. I just hope reading my stories will make other people feel as good I do writing them.
Lurker
0 likes
My goal is to have a famous story.....I think my "Mom's Special Request" story might get there!!! If you haven't read it, please do. I think it is my best story to date!!!
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
I would love to win one of the competitions - that would be so cool.

I just hope that people continue to read and enjoy my stories. I get such a thrill when someone comments on one of them - especially if it's one of the other writers whose work I enjoy and admire.

And let's be honest, with all my Lush stories, I want to get people aroused and playing with themselves. If I can do that, then I've succeeded. smile

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx