Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

I LOVE THE NEW FEATURE!!!!! Options · View
Mazza
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:17:37 PM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,349
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
LauraLee_sugah wrote:
so did gav remove the part that let you see who scored without commenting on your work even if they are not your friends? i liked that part.


It still did that when I logged in today... (I quite like that too)

Nothing to see here...
LauraLee_sugah
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 1:54:07 PM

Rank: Purveyor of Sweetness

Joined: 9/10/2011
Posts: 2,348
Location: the sweet, sunny south, United States
Mazza wrote:


It still did that when I logged in today... (I quite like that too)


it does help you narrow down who is ruining your average score... kekekegay

Mazza
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 2:01:48 PM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,349
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
LauraLee_sugah wrote:


it does help you narrow down who is ruining your average score... kekekegay


Ha ha yes indeed!!! I suspect it may change the scoring system a little :)

Nothing to see here...
gav
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 4:25:33 PM

Rank: Code Monkey
Moderator

Joined: 12/25/2006
Posts: 1,453
Location: Syd, Australia
Would it help you Gold's if I displayed the score too evil4
Poppet
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 4:31:09 PM

Rank: Cheeky Chick

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 6,251
Location: In Your Dirty Fantasies, United States
gav wrote:
Would it help you Gold's if I displayed the score too evil4


Of course... LOL

Mazza
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 4:45:33 PM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,349
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
gav wrote:
Would it help you Gold's if I displayed the score too evil4


Ha... yes, that's naughty!

confused5

Nothing to see here...
Guest
Posted: Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:23:48 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,215
gav wrote:
Would it help you Gold's if I displayed the score too evil4


Is it wrong that I got a wee bit excited and exclaimed "aw hell yeah!"? So ya gonna do it, or just tease us?
clum
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 8:24:00 AM

Rank: Clumeleon
Moderator

Joined: 5/13/2011
Posts: 5,954
Location: United Kingdom
I'm curious about the notification you get when you've been quoted.

Is it triggered by someone clicking the "Quote" button of your reply or is it triggered by the string [quote=username]Quoted text.[/ quote]?

Liz
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:35:33 AM

Rank: Scarlet Seductress
Moderator

Joined: 1/22/2013
Posts: 7,556
Location: In the sweet shop, United Kingdom
clum wrote:
I'm curious about the notification you get when you've been quoted.

Is it triggered by someone clicking the "Quote" button of your reply or is it triggered by the string [quote=username]Quoted text.[/ quote]?


I would assume that the 'Quote' button just runs the script to post a reply, then dumps the other users text into the window, inside those pre-defined tags.
I might be wrong, but it's probably the string that triggers the notification.

sprite
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 12:13:53 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 20,788
Location: My Tower, United States
Liz wrote:


I would assume that the 'Quote' button just runs the script to post a reply, then dumps the other users text into the window, inside those pre-defined tags.
I might be wrong, but it's probably the string that triggers the notification.


I asked Gav about that a while back. he said it's got something to do with the trained miniature elephants inside my computer. at the time, i didn't question it, but now, well... i've been stuffing peanuts into my hard drive for a few months now and, of course, keeping a thumble of water in there for them and... either he's been feeding me a story, or they died... :(



Love not hate.
Liz
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 12:41:16 PM

Rank: Scarlet Seductress
Moderator

Joined: 1/22/2013
Posts: 7,556
Location: In the sweet shop, United Kingdom
sprite wrote:


I asked Gav about that a while back. he said it's got something to do with the trained miniature elephants inside my computer. at the time, i didn't question it, but now, well... i've been stuffing peanuts into my hard drive for a few months now and, of course, keeping a thumble of water in there for them and... either he's been feeding me a story, or they died... :(




clum
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 1:16:30 PM

Rank: Clumeleon
Moderator

Joined: 5/13/2011
Posts: 5,954
Location: United Kingdom
Liz wrote:
I would assume that the 'Quote' button just runs the script to post a reply, then dumps the other users text into the window, inside those pre-defined tags.
I might be wrong, but it's probably the string that triggers the notification.


That would have been my guess, too. I was just interested as I thought it was quite clever, however he's doing it.

gav
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 2:59:09 PM

Rank: Code Monkey
Moderator

Joined: 12/25/2006
Posts: 1,453
Location: Syd, Australia
clum wrote:


That would have been my guess, too. I was just interested as I thought it was quite clever, however he's doing it.


laughing3 what she said.

basically a regex on all posts looking for the quote pattern. it extracts the username and post to their timeline.

clum
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 4:21:57 PM

Rank: Clumeleon
Moderator

Joined: 5/13/2011
Posts: 5,954
Location: United Kingdom
gav wrote:
laughing3 what she said.

basically a regex on all posts looking for the quote pattern. it extracts the username and post to their timeline.


Thanks, Gav. I'm a little dense about computing (or that's how it feels when around some of my friends) so maybe this isn't as clever as I seem to think but I'm impressed nonetheless.

My computing prowess extends to basic programming using Maple (if anyone even knows what that is) and producing documents in LaTeX (which is really simple and practically essential for mathematicians anyway).

crazydiamond
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013 4:27:03 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,301
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
clum wrote:


in LaTeX



You sound so naughty! Latex talk... naughty Clum! It's Danger Mouse Latex isn't it! bunny

Poppet
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:52:45 PM

Rank: Cheeky Chick

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 6,251
Location: In Your Dirty Fantasies, United States
Speaking of new features. I love this one...



TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:09:50 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/19/2011
Posts: 1,371
Location: In a cloud of flour, Canada
My Timeline's broken!! I can't believe I broke it already! crybaby

My series of events.

I checked it out. Sign out for the first time since I signed into Lush. Signed back in. (Had to go searching for my password)

VOILA! Timeline! (Totally awesome by the way)
(gav... God... gav... God... I'm seeing a pattern here. 3 letter word. Starts with "g". Has the ability to change things in the blink of an eye)

A few days go by. I check my timeline. Nothing. Nobody loves me. I go to my profile page and *BOOM*.
I've got some mullet wielding, redneck douchebaggery from Jeff on there. WTH?!?!

I had no warning!! sigh I was ambushed!

I figured I broke it. gav? (God?) Can you fix it? PUHLEEEZE? Or tell me how not to break it? dontknow

Guest
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:50:18 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,215
gav wrote:


laughing3 what she said.

basically a regex on all posts looking for the quote pattern. it extracts the username and post to their timeline.



Regex? notworthy
They give me a headache.
DirtyMartini
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:56:26 PM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,903
Location: Right here on Lush Stories..., United States
crazydiamond wrote:
Ha! I just signed in and was greeted by "What you've missed on Lush" and a lovely little list of bits and pieces! I love it! Nice one hello1


Oh yeah...I just saw that a couple of days ago when I logged into Historias...

I can't remember offhand what year it was the last time I logged out of Lush...so, I'll probably never see it here...dontknow


You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

crazydiamond
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:01:13 AM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,301
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
DirtyMartini wrote:


Oh yeah...I just saw that a couple of days ago when I logged into Historias...

I can't remember offhand what year it was the last time I logged out of Lush...so, I'll probably never see it here...dontknow


Finally it all makes sense...Phew! I did wonder when the hell you got some shut eye! kekekegay

Shylass
Posted: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 8:55:34 AM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,853
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
I effing LOVE the little ghosty showing that I'm invisible to everybody! I call him "Bob". Thank you, Gav. Big Hugs

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:40:26 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 20,788
Location: My Tower, United States
Shylass wrote:
I effing LOVE the little ghosty showing that I'm invisible to everybody! I call him "Bob". Thank you, Gav. Big Hugs


actually, his name is Willy, Daisy. Coco named him. now you can tell anyone who asks why they haven't seen you around for a few days that... "My willy was up." :D



Love not hate.
Shylass
Posted: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 11:44:40 AM

Rank: Gingerbread Lover

Joined: 1/6/2012
Posts: 3,853
Location: Trumpton, United Kingdom
sprite wrote:


actually, his name is Willy, Daisy. Coco named him. now you can tell anyone who asks why they haven't seen you around for a few days that... "My willy was up." :D


Nope, mine's called Bob, because he just bobs around doing his thing. He doesn't play with Willys, but he gives them a friendly wave now and again.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

***
********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Guest
Posted: Sunday, May 12, 2013 12:37:07 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,215
I love this feature too! Is there any way to view it even if I haven't just signed in? I sometimes sign out and then back in just to see what I missed all in a helpful little list!!
Guest
Posted: Monday, May 13, 2013 4:24:48 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 781,215
Replaced my post, but this line remains ;-)
love the other new features Gav! You know you rocklove7
Mazza
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 11:08:12 AM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,349
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
I like the way the menu bar stays at the top of my iPhone screen when I scroll down my profile page! Nice!

Nothing to see here...
overmykneenow
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 11:10:57 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/8/2010
Posts: 1,387
Location: United Kingdom
Mazza wrote:
I like the way the menu bar stays at the top of my iPhone screen when I scroll down my profile page! Nice!


but if you're zoomed in you can't get all the links - it doesn't scroll - well not in chrome anyway

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Swollen
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:44:16 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/27/2010
Posts: 1,040
Location: United Kingdom
overmykneenow wrote:


but if you're zoomed in you can't get all the links - it doesn't scroll - well not in chrome anyway


No, it doesn't in my browser either. It's a pain. I thought my screen was sticky again!
crazydiamond
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:59:19 PM

Rank: Clever Gem

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 2,301
Location: Exactly where I should be!, Canada
[quote=swollen]

No, it doesn't in my browser either. It's a pain. I thought my screen was sticky again![/quote]

me too Embarassed

Mazza
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:12:10 PM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,349
Location: Scotland, United Kingdom
overmykneenow wrote:


but if you're zoomed in you can't get all the links - it doesn't scroll - well not in chrome anyway


Oh, I see what you mean...

Nothing to see here...
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.