Bracing for the pending blizzard

last reply
44 replies
2.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Well! a foot of more snow will be falling here within a couple of hours. Jake my guy, gathered a firewood supply on the back porch,

Installed the plow, and repairing the snow-blower, which is just about done. I can hear it running in the background.

If he gets the plowing done, we plan to cross country ski, with our chocolate Lab tomorrow. Looks like we will have a white Christmas

To all the members here, that shared with me a friendly entertaining conversation, and made me Laugh, I thank you.

To all with my sincerest wishes, Happy Merry Christmas
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
Quote by Pam111
Well! a foot of more snow will be falling here within a couple of hours. Jake my guy, gathered a firewood supply on the back porch,

Installed the plow, and repairing the snow-blower, which is just about done. I can hear it running in the background.

If he gets the plowing done, we plan to cross country ski, with our chocolate Lab tomorrow. Looks like we will have a white Christmas

To all the members here, that shared with me a friendly entertaining conversation, and made me Laugh, I thank you.

To all with my sincerest wishes, Happy Merry Christmas

It's already pummeling Michigan....SNOW DAY!

Happy Holidays Pam!

Please enjoy my current story competition entry:

Alisha Unleashed

Book Four in the Mac and Grace Saga begins:

Boardrooms & Boudoirs

And the latest micros:

Sheer Perfection & Still Fuckin’ Hot

Fireworks & Bliss

Lurker
0 likes
There is no better romantic setting, snuggled in front of a warm wood-stove, lights low, watching the dancing fire

Nice glass of Merlot and feel the warmth of the fire and your lover During a snow storm

Oh the Weather outside is frightful, but the fire inside is delightful let snow let snow let snow

And thank you Tech and I hope the same to you
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Only a 2 hr delay
6" to 8 " last night.

More coming Saturday and Sunday.
Just finished blow - SNOW.
I waited till the plow went by.

Good Luck Mich.

Bat
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yall should come to FL it is in the upper 70's here.Omeuok7vE1Map46l
Lurker
0 likes
Dallas weather is completely schizo...I miss Chicago where at least I knew part of the answer to today's weather would be "Cold". It's warm, but tomorrow will probably be cold again....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
4 more yrs and we be heading south. OK., Ark., area.
Sorry, but 10 - 20 below and snow - not my idea of fun.

Bat
Lush Legend
0 likes
Chicago for the moment is covered by a huge sheet of ICE. I swear I woke up this morning and my car was an ice cube. Almost slipped and fell like 50 times. Its getting colder by the minute. We are expecting more snow as well. Traffic sucks. Plows are not cleaning as fast as they should.

and the worst part of this craziness..... I can't wear my pretty shoes unless I have a death wish!!!!
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Lurker
0 likes
We have to make a decision by Monday whether or not Iowa will be safe enough to travel through on our way to the Quad-Cities for Christmas with my folks. Two storm fronts are due here in the next few days, the first one tomorrow, with 8 to 10 inches of snow, and then Tuesday's slam. I do want to go home, though.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Bat! Your coming to Arkansas??
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Juliasari
Dallas weather is completely schizo...I miss Chicago where at least I knew part of the answer to today's weather would be "Cold". It's warm, but tomorrow will probably be cold again....

Amen to the schizo Texas weather. It snowed in Houston last week and it is back up to the 80's today
Lurker
0 likes
No shit! I can breathe today it's in the 70s here and according to Dallas weather the high on sunday is gonna be 36. WTF?!?!
Lurker
0 likes
I hope it gets cooler here in FL for Christmas at least. My Man is currently driving 5 hours to his parents through snow covered mountain roads in Washington state only 16 degrees there today.
Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by MerryAnita
I hope it gets cooler here in FL for Christmas at least. My Man is currently driving 5 hours to his parents through snow covered mountain roads in Washington state only 16 degrees there today.

Cooler? (mumbles as I go get a drink).....
Lurker
0 likes
at least for Christmas day Zaf. It's so depressing to have it 85 on Christmas and have to turn the AC on so you can have a fire in the fireplace. Ick.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MerryAnita
at least for Christmas day Zaf. It's so depressing to have it 85 on Christmas and have to turn the AC on so you can have a fire in the fireplace. Ick.

You got that right Merry this weather sucks!! I so live in the wrong state.
0 likes
Quote by MerryAnita

Oh HELL NO! I am heading down on Christmas and it better be as @#$%$#@#$ hot as possible!!! You want depressing? Live through a gray Michigan winter...LOL!

Alisha Unleashed

Boardrooms & Boudoirs

And the latest micros:

Fireworks & Bliss

Lurker
0 likes
LMAO Tech. But you and Rocco can come stay with me anytime.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Take it easy Tech. LOL I think it shall be in the upper 60's low 70's all next week in Fl well northeast FL anyway. I would love to try out your gray Michigan winter.I have lived here all my life dont know what a real winter is like.
Matriarch
0 likes
Merry Xmas Pam. It sounds idyllic there. Take a few photos and post them (NOOOO not the nudey stuff, tyvm)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Tech, you got 10"? How many more inches are you going to get tonight? never mind.

Bat
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Batman
Tech, you got 10"? How many more inches are you going to get tonight? never mind.

Bat

Lol, I was thinking the same thing.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Bat!! Are you ignoring me??
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Not snowing much at all here in BC. Windy so it feels cold but its not really. About -7 C
Mr Nobody
0 likes
The big freeze for me Monday

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Cincinnati doesn't have ANY snow right now, we normally get about 3 inches at a time TOPS and it sucks. last winter we were lucky enought to et a blizzard and then a hurricane hit ohio. Wow, weather is crazy! I just came back from 4 days in florida and i went from hoodies and jeans to shorts and a t-shirt back to hoodies and jeans. No fun! i'd rather have Snow, snow and more snow!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Lush
Merry Xmas Pam. It sounds idyllic there. Take a few photos and post them (NOOOO not the nudey stuff, tyvm)

Have I ever posted anything bare ass naked? No

I took a picture of the house the other day No snow Now I have it fully decorated for Christmas. with lights ect

What I did was cut the evergreens on the property and using grape vines thin green wire and made swags and wreaths. then one small string of white lights

I think it is tastefully done, not the houses l all lit up over done.

I might go outside and try to take a picture now to contrast the snow and lights The show a before with out snow and an after tomorrow with snow

Sue I happen to like the changes of seasons. Nobody like -20 below but one learns how to make the best out of it
I will cross country ski tomorrow. Great exercise and it is so beautiful on fresh fallen snow..

I also want to mention that I live on the fringe area that had the severe ice storm. I only lost power for two days and the generator took care of us

With the two wood stoves cranking we were in no danger of being cold.

However nearly 80,000 homes in Ma and southern NH are still without power, the past 10 days. This snow storm was not welcome news. We lent a family in southern NH our generator, because all stores around here were sold out. Jake told them how to wire in their furnace and made sure he gave them the heavy gage extension cords. We only wish we had more generators to help out. Imagine waking up to 34 degrees Sunday morning with two small children. The people We gave it to, got their home back in the 60, then went to their neighbors to help them out

Yes Christmas is a time for giving
0 likes
Quote by Susan
Take it easy Tech. LOL I think it shall be in the upper 60's low 70's all next week in Fl well northeast FL anyway. I would love to try out your gray Michigan winter.I have lived here all my life dont know what a real winter is like.

We always want what we don't have I guess. I suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder. I could use more sunshine during the winter.

Alisha Unleashed

Boardrooms & Boudoirs

And the latest micros:

Fireworks & Bliss

Lush Legend
0 likes
Very true Tech....I agree....