Yeah you look ok... but your collarbones are too high

last reply
28 replies
3.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Magazines using photoshop to turn already beautiful women into impossibly shaped women is nothing new but this must be a new low

Apparently, this cover designer thought the lovely Jennifer Lawrence's collar bones weren't where they should be

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Artistic Tart
0 likes
I can't tell you the number of times I got turned down on account of my collar bones.

"She's got a great face....buttercollarbones!"

Not too surprised though. Fashion isn't looking for real people, only avatars for their ideal aethetic. Seems sort of futile to expect empathy within the world of commercial fashion marketing.
CurlyFries
0 likes
Oh god, now I have to worry about collarbone placement, too?? WTF???
Clever Gem
0 likes
next they'll be asking me to raise Curlygirly's spud arse!! JEEZ!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
.... but hey OMKN, we live in an age of 'false' don't we?

False eyelashes, hair extensions, tans, boobs, tats, nails, piercings, botox to name just a few.

So what's wrong with falsifying pics too? It's just part of the era we are living in.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
I think you guys are being too hard on the cover designer. What may seem, to the untrained eye, as sliming her down and changing her collar bones to make her appear superhumanly attractive isn't that at all. They were just trying to find space for all that fucking type on the cover... Notice how there is barely any space to work with. Of course if you bring the shoulders in a bit the collar bone is too high. The dude was just making space for all that bullshit on the cover. Look how close the type is. It would have looked awful to put it over her hips.
Clever Gem
0 likes
They've added bulk to the shoulders ( shush you ;) ) and narrowed the hips as well! Cheeky!
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I don't see anything wrong with the original copy. I'm not sure why they need to add anything "extra" to make this "pop"... It makes her fake looking. It's sad.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
High collarbones, low collarbones, she is still a very attractive woman. I really think they need to find something else to occupy their time if this is all they can come up with!
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by crazydiamond
next they'll be asking me to raise Curlygirly's spud arse!! JEEZ!

Actually, I was gonna ask you to do that. You know, stop my sweet potato from sliding down into my thighs.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Natural beauty is way more attractive. This is the kind of thing that shatters girls self esteem.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ah but is the inside of her armpit symmetrical?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
And these are the things that vain idiots strive for....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Volition
And these are the things that vain idiots strive for....

Oooh! did you mean to quote me on this one sweetpea? IRL, I don't have false anything, and you're too cute!
Lurker
0 likes
What to Look for in a Hard Drive That You Are Purchasing?
When you are going to <a href="">buy laptop hard drive</a>, it is extremely important to look for one that is going to be fast and large enough to accommodate all of your files and data needs. It
<br>Yeah, it's just what I need, I'm about to have a new one
<br>I always use Dell Hard Disk Drives, what about you, guys?
<br>Gateway!!!lol
Lurker
0 likes
What to Look for in a Hard Drive That You Are Purchasing?
When you are going to <a href="">buy laptop hard drive</a>, it is extremely important to look for one that is going to be fast and large enough to accommodate all of your files and data needs. It
<br>Yeah, it's just what I need, I'm about to have a new one
<br>I always use Dell Hard Disk Drives, what about you, guys?
<br>Gateway!!!lol
Lurker
0 likes
I think they were going with making her neck look longer, as women with longer necks tend to look more sensual and feminine. This coming from what I've noticed and also heard other men/women say.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
She looks better pre-photoshop. People aren't perfect, there will always be blemishes, whether through birth, growing up or accidents. The media should just accept that and move on.
Lurker
0 likes
Stuff like that should be illegal.
Lurker
0 likes
Maybe this is just me, but does anyone else find phoshopped pictures like the one above to take on a more alienated presence, I know that sounds weird, but then again it maybe me associating it with being unnatural, probably why I find most adverts and posters just slightly odd.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You can say what you want the photoshopped version looks better. It looks unnatural and maybe even extraterrestrial, but the buldging in her clothing is gone her silhouette is smother. Additionally have they accentuated some features and given her more color and contrast. It's what you expect from a glossy magazine cover. It's editorial and wouldn't look ok in real life.
The Linebacker
0 likes
On weekends I work as a collarbone model.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
I think you guys are being too hard on the cover designer. What may seem, to the untrained eye, as sliming her down and changing her collar bones to make her appear superhumanly attractive isn't that at all. They were just trying to find space for all that fucking type on the cover... Notice how there is barely any space to work with. Of course if you bring the shoulders in a bit the collar bone is too high. The dude was just making space for all that bullshit on the cover. Look how close the type is. It would have looked awful to put it over her hips.

So shrink her down by 10-15%! Problem solved...
(or do you have some experience that you're not telling us )
Lurker
0 likes
It's quite unbelievable how much they can transform and manipulate someone's face and body. I don't know if I can ever trust a magazine cover again. They should put out the untouched version online or something, so that people know what's really going on.
Lurker
0 likes
All I know is that when I bone a girl I prefer that she be collared...
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by Dreamer90
You can say what you want the photoshopped version looks better. It looks unnatural and maybe even extraterrestrial, but the buldging in her clothing is gone her silhouette is smother. Additionally have they accentuated some features and given her more color and contrast. It's what you expect from a glossy magazine cover. It's editorial and wouldn't look ok in real life.

Almost like editing a rough draft for mass consumption, yeah?
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by MerryDeath

So shrink her down by 10-15%! Problem solved...
(or do you have some experience that you're not telling us )

Laying type isn't as easy as it seems. So her big ass shoulders were in the way... Move them, the collar bones look off now... fix them. It happens.

Anything that you pay for is fake as hell. If it wasn't you wouldn't pay for it because you could get it for free on the street. Supply and demand bitches.