body language

last reply
8 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
what does it mean in terms of body language;when a womant wirls and curls her head hair with her hands-I have often wondered?
Buxom Enigma
0 likes
Well, a basic study of body language will tell you it's usually some type of subconscious reaction. Generally nervousness or physical interest. At least, that's why I twirl my hair. Mostly it's when I'm flirting, or being cute.
"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader - not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon." -E.L. Doctorow
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
A few possibilities:

1. She's bored.

2. She's rethinking the kind of hair conditioner she uses.

3. Con-artist move - she's making herself appear cute and helpless and childlike while asking for something she wants (usually from a guy) or trying to appear dumb while surreptitiously taking all your cash in a game of poker.

To me - 'whirling and twirling' lacks subtlety. If it's a matter of signalling genuine interest in a guy, touching the hair, running ones hands through it or tossing it over a shoulder are probably better indicators.
Buxom Enigma
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
A few possibilities:

1. She's bored.

2. She's rethinking the kind of hair conditioner she uses.

3. Con-artist move - she's making herself appear cute and helpless and childlike while asking for something she wants (usually from a guy) or trying to appear dumb while surreptitiously taking all your cash in a game of poker.

To me - 'whirling and twirling' lacks subtlety. If it's a matter of signalling genuine interest in a guy, touching the hair, running ones hands through it or tossing it over a shoulder are probably better indicators.

Hehe ... all also very true. I never thought of using the whirl-n-twirl at poker. Wonder if it really works! And number two is true ... when twirling, I tend to notice the split ends more.
"Good writing is supposed to evoke sensation in the reader - not the fact that it is raining, but the feeling of being rained upon." -E.L. Doctorow
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by syrianna

Hehe ... all also very true. I never thought of using the whirl-n-twirl at poker. Wonder if it really works!

Oh, it does. Combine it with looking vaguely confused at the right moment and blatantly stammering for time when you've got a full house while swearing you've only played once or twice before.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
if i'm doing it, i means i've completely lost interest and i'm working on a story while hearing 'blah blah blah blah' from whomever i'm supposed to be listening to.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
To me, its a "time-out", gives me time to think up a good excuse for whatever, or whoever, I got caught "doing."
"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
Lurker
0 likes
thank you ladies;interesting replies!
Lurker
0 likes
It means I'm getting bored, if you want me you'll need to be a bit more interesting and assertive.

It also can mean I'm a complete air head