Login

Writing Mobile App

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Clumeleon
0 likes
I've just got a new phone (iPhone) and am looking for a writing app to use. On my old phone (HTC), I used Writer, which was okay but not ideal and I think I'd like to use something a bit less amateurish.

I could get Pages, which would be ideal for syncing up with my Macbook, but I'm less keen to shell out £6.99 for it.

The one I have my eye on is iA Writer, which has great reviews and is very cheap at 69p.

What say you, people of Lush? Does anyone have an app that they would really recommend? Are there any you would warn against?
Lurker
0 likes
I use Microsoft Word 2010 on my home computer and the mobile version is Office-2 which is MW and Excel compatible. It wasn't very expensive (the app - it was perhaps $10.00 when I bought it).

With both of these in use you can use skydrive to transfer files if you have a dumb/smart phone that doesn't take external memory drives like a microSD.

You can also buy a small keyboard to use with your phone. Mine is a Bluetooth board. It folds up, and was $60.00. I use it when I will be doing a lot of word processing away from my computer.

I went through a lot of free and other cheap programs before I tried office-2 and regretted the waste of time.
Matriarch
0 likes
I'll send you the £6.99...let me know your paypal address!

I agree with Metilda, I wouldn't waste your time on free apps for this purpose.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I'll send you the £6.99...let me know your paypal address!

I agree with Metilda, I wouldn't waste your time on free apps for this purpose.

Aww, ain't she lovely

I used to use 'Werdsmith' before I became enlightened and switched to Android, might be worth a look as well?

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/werdsmith/id489746330?mt=8

Uses iCloud to sync to your Mac. I think the free version is limited to 14 projects, but it's only £2.00 to upgrade.

Might be worth having a play with a few first?

Good luck, Mr. Clum.