Seeking Beta/Proofreader for Return of the Rain

last reply
8 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Last night I tried to submit Return of the Rain for publication and got a rejection message saying: Hello,

Thank you so much for submitting your story. We are not able to approve it just yet. You switch between present and future tense throughout your story. Once you have changed it to be in the same tense through the entire story, we would be happy to approve it.

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
Thank you and have a great night,
Saga

I know there is something wrong with the story and I've been trying to talk to some people to see if I could get help with it but so far I got nothing. I'm gonna do the same thing like I did with the prequel story "You Ain't Got Me" if you see anything wrong with "Return of the Rain" don't hesitate to fix it and if you can make a better sex scene than I could don't hesitate to do so either. I will also give you credit like I did on the prior story.

I will post the story upon immediate reply of this thread to anyone who wants to see it and I appreciate y'all taking the time to read this message.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by ElectricOutcast
Last night I tried to submit Return of the Rain for publication and got a rejection message saying: Hello,

I know there is something wrong with the story and I've been trying to talk to some people to see if I could get help with it but so far I got nothing.

We are not able to approve it just yet. You switch between present and future tense throughout your story. Once you have changed it to be in the same tense through the entire story, we would be happy to approve it.

I don't understand. You want someone to change the tense of your story for you?

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012

I don't understand. You want someone to change the tense of your story for you?

Sounds about right
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by ElectricOutcast

Sounds about right

But if you know the exact changes that need to be made, why not fix them yourself? If it's literally the only thing wrong with your story, waiting for someone to do it for you seems a bit counterproductive, no?

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012

But if you know the exact changes that need to be made, why not fix them yourself? If it's literally the only thing wrong with your story, waiting for someone to do it for you seems a bit counterproductive, no?

Because I honestly don't know where they are and I tried to look at errors a few times I couldn't find anything
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by ElectricOutcast

Sounds about right

You could always do what authors should initially do where they are confused, and ask for clarification from the verifier.

If you are truly struggling, read your story out loud to yourself. This may well throw up some problems.

Then, read your story sentence by sentence. Is that sentence written in past, present, future, or one of those variations? If it differs from the next or previous sentence, that is no doubt where your problem lies, and you can then correct it.

Try your hardest, and re-submit. If it gets rejected again for the same issue, I will help you if you wish. But be warned: I won't just fix it all for you, I will make you work for it.

If you can learn to correct these mistakes yourself, you will find future stories easier to write and get published.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Hi,
I've had a few stories published now so I'm familiar with their house style and I would be more than happy to help you. I'm an experienced journalist/editor. Just send me your story and I'll sort it out.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't mind doing it, shout me if you're still interested smile xxx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I will give you a hand if you like. Let me know.
Sex is emotion in motion.
Mae West