Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Is lushstories a good representation of women in general?

last reply
9 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Good day to everyone,

I have been lurking in the Ask the Gals section, as I like to learn more about women's needs and preferences.

Trying to figure out what the consensus was on some subjects, I asked myself if you girls feel that what is expressed here is a good representation of what women want in general. Do you think some opinions/threads are biased somehow?

First off, women who joined lushstories.com are most probably more comfortable with their sexuality than the average woman.

Also, I feel there might be the thread-bias phenomenon. What I mean by that, is that people generally respond to threads they are interested in. If for example I ask girls if they like anal sex, most women enjoying it will be thrilled, join in, and respond positively, while those who don't practice it might just look over the thread and not give a response.

So what do you think? Do you feel you stand out sexually in your own group of friends, and that your personal opinion is therefore rarely the norm? And do you think that what you see posted here is the same as what you hear in real life, in terms of both opinions and proportions?

Thanks for your time.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
ooo, good question! my answer is going to be kind of lame, because it depends on how right i am in my instincts as to who on lush is an actual woman and who is a guy pretending to be a woman.

if i'm right: a very, very accurate cross section.

if i'm wrong: a little skewed.
Lurker
0 likes
It's probably slightly skewed towards the proportion of women who're more open about sex and their sexual preferences.

Don't forget this is an erotic website, prudish and/or shy women won't be on here. Hope this helps! xxx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think Lush is a good representation of women who are open and honest about their sexuality. I think there are many women in the real world who are not honest about their true desires, they just go along with what they think society expects a "normal" woman to be.

On lush, you can be honest and talk about(within the Lush policies of course) what you like no matter how "out there", and not be judged or ridiculed for it. One woman here, wont mention her name told me that in her circle of friends she is considered a slut because she enjoys anal. But here on lush, it is just another topic. Although I am sometimes surprised by a few Lushies putting other women they don't agree with down. But who knows what their real story is!!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
Good day to everyone,

I have been lurking in the Ask the Gals section, as I like to learn more about women's needs and preferences.

Trying to figure out what the consensus was on some subjects, I asked myself if you girls feel that what is expressed here is a good representation of what women want in general. Do you think some opinions/threads are biased somehow?

First off, women who joined lushstories.com are most probably more comfortable with their sexuality than the average woman.

Also, I feel there might be the thread-bias phenomenon. What I mean by that, is that people generally respond to threads they are interested in. If for example I ask girls if they like anal sex, most women enjoying it will be thrilled, join in, and respond positively, while those who don't practice it might just look over the thread and not give a response.

So what do you think? Do you feel you stand out sexually in your own group of friends, and that your personal opinion is therefore rarely the norm? And do you think that what you see posted here is the same as what you hear in real life, in terms of both opinion and proportions?

Thanks for your time.

I have no clue smile I represent myself pretty damn well. LOL That's all I can vouch for.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by bustyreadhead
ooo, good question! my answer is going to be kind of lame, because it depends on how right i am in my instincts as to who on lush is an actual woman and who is a guy pretending to be a woman.

if i'm right: a very, very accurate cross section.

if i'm wrong: a little skewed.

Indeed, I joinded 2 days ago and already figured out many lie about their identity. Some pretending to be girls and posting their desires here on Ask the Gals could screw many consensus. I'm not sure I understood what you said though. Do you mean actual real women post representative comments on women in general, but the fake-perverts totally screw it up?

Very strong name to avatar ratio by the way, lol. Is that you in the picture?

The 4 replies so far were very enlightening... women, what's not to love about you? xx
Lurker
0 likes
I think that here on Lush you can learn more about a person than in real life. When I first came here I was very shy and it wasn't easy to express myself but the lady above helped me a lot. She welcomed me here and became my friend. Yes , this is a good representation of women in general. Some are gay, some are straight, some are sluts and some are not, some are real, some are fake, and some are here just to be an ass. Is that any different than the real world?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by kinkygirl
I think that here on Lush you can learn more about a person than in real life. When I first came here I was very shy and it wasn't easy to express myself but the lady above helped me a lot. She welcomed me here and became my friend. Yes , this is a good representation of women in general. Some are gay, some are straight, some are sluts and some are not, some are real, some are fake, and some are here just to be an ass. Is that any different than the real world?

THIS.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think overall Lush is very good for woman.. One can relax being the screen if they desire and let their feeling out. It is surprising now deep some of those feeling go expecially with bi, and some taboo subjects that are kinda limited here
Mazztastic
0 likes
My pal Kinky put it very well...

I think you get as good a representation on Lush as anywhere of women or men.

Aside from the obvious openness about sex and sexuality (although as you've already noted, many are not who they seem, but I think that's very true in real life too - just with the difference that people hide behind their faces rather than avatars) people can be who they want to be here, although, that often isn't what they expected - be careful what you wish for!