First Date

last reply
22 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Guys, where would take a girl on a first date?
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Depends completely on the girl. I suggest you put on your thinking cap and figure out something she would like.

I mean, are you meeting her for the first time on this date? If so, cocktails or coffee or even taking pets to the park. Something with a quick exist, just in case.

If you already know this girl and she knows you're not crazy and you know she isn't crazy then take her to an amusement park or if she is more low key, just dinner and if it feels cool a movie where you can get more comfortable with her. Dancing is fun too but depends on the girl. Concerts are always fun. Sometimes this seems forward but if you have a nice place, cook for her.

If you have been friends for a while and know each other well, think of something more adventurous. Something original that you know she'll like but only you can figure that out.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
Depends completely on the girl. I suggest you put on your thinking cap and figure out something she would like.

I mean, are you meeting her for the first time on this date? If so, cocktails or coffee or even taking pets to the park. Something with a quick exist, just in case.

If you already know this girl and she knows you're not crazy and you know she isn't crazy then take her to an amusement park or if she is more low key, just dinner and if it feels cool a movie where you can get more comfortable with her. Dancing is fun too but depends on the girl. Concerts are always fun. Sometimes this seems forward but if you have a nice place, cook for her.

If you have been friends for a while and know each other well, think of something more adventurous. Something original that you know she'll like but only you can figure that out.

Yep, sounds like that pretty much sums it up.
Site administrator
0 likes
I like to treat a lady big time .. its so important first date to make the right impression so that hopefully they want more ....

Walk in the high street
Window shop (just window .. just saying)
Coffee on a park bench (I always take a thermos flask ready made .. its cheaper that way)
Pickup some reading material (the free menus on the walls of some restaurants are usually a good read)
A drink in the pub (the tap water is so great in my local)
A slap up lunch (egg sandwiches already made in my rucksack)

She is so going to go home thinking what a swell guy I am and come back for more ...........................
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Like I'm hearing, it all depends on the partner. I know something I'd like to try and do is take people I see to smaller restaurants to explore them. (No chains like Olive Garden or Red Lobster.) If it's a bad restaurant, you could bond over ragging the place when your waiter leaves or after you leave (unless the waiters are grossly incompetent [read: keep breadsticks in their pants]).

I can see downsides to that strategy though; if it's a bad place, your partner might think that you're bad, too, to think this is a good "first date" place. Perhaps try someplace not that well-known, but you know it. Your favorite local coffeeshop would be a good blind date place, a good local casual restaurant (read: not McDonald's) for a more established date.

If you're going to a movie on the date, then go to the movie first, then dinner afterwards. That way you're guaranteed a topic to talk about.
Lurker
0 likes
i would take her to some park, because we could spend time together enjoying the nature and mostly none'd disturb us smile
Lurker
0 likes
Dinner, movies, fuck in the back seat of my car and wait a week later to see if she's got a bun in the oven...if not...keep it going.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by simplyjohn
I like to treat a lady big time .. its so important first date to make the right impression so that hopefully they want more ....

Walk in the high street
Window shop (just window .. just saying)
Coffee on a park bench (I always take a thermos flask ready made .. its cheaper that way)
Pickup some reading material (the free menus on the walls of some restaurants are usually a good read)
A drink in the pub (the tap water is so great in my local)
A slap up lunch (egg sandwiches already made in my rucksack)

She is so going to go home thinking what a swell guy I am and come back for more ...........................

How do you cope with the queue?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I may have taken my missus to McDonald's.....

We were going to a movie and needed somewhere quick..... I may have (out of habit) used the phrase "quick and cheap."

It shames me to this day, however, after 3 years together I can safely say it clearly worked. Either that or she is waiting for the moment to kill me in my sleep.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When I was younger, to watch a movie. Horror movie.

These days, it'd be for a meal.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Every girl is different, so every 1st date changes.

Depends on how long I've been talking to said girl or how long I've known her. I try to pick up on interests as we talk. That's what I do. Listen. Then I'd formulate a date out of her interests and what my interests are so we both "hopefully" are able to have fun.

I mean, some girls would dig a sporting event, some movie and a dinner. Others a night in. Others a nice sit down restaurant and a stroll through a park, beach, etc.

I don't think the where matters so much as the who, meaning you. Meaning relaxed and just going with it.

Ok, that's not entirely true. You don't wanna take her to a strip club. Or an abandoned factory. Or a strip club in an abandoned factory under a full moon.
Lurker
0 likes
Hopefully I would have had some time to chat with my lady friend before the first "date". In the chatting, I would learn of some likes/dislikes and then structure the date from there. Where is the common ground? Sporting events; Clubs; Fine restaurants; outdoors activities like hiking or boating (maybe with a picnic); dinner and a movie; shopping; What Does She Like To Do - there may be a key for moving the relationship to a more intimate level.
0 likes
I can't remember our first real "date". We kind of started out in the friend zone and worked slowly but inexorably towards a relationship so we were going places together without them being intentionally dates. I think it is the end-of-term party for the winter term (we met in grad school) that we usually use as the marker for things starting to move in the relationship direction.

Really, though, it would depend on the woman. If we had talked (for real or online) enough that I knew her interests and where they coincided with mine, then I would pick something accordingly. I'd likely aim for dinner and then out to something that we are both into whether it's a concert, play, movie, or museum/gallery. If not, I would start with dinner at someplace nice so we could have the time to talk.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by drillsarge2
Hopefully I would have had some time to chat with my lady friend before the first "date". In the chatting, I would learn of some likes/dislikes and then structure the date from there. Where is the common ground? Sporting events; Clubs; Fine restaurants; outdoors activities like hiking or boating (maybe with a picnic); dinner and a movie; shopping; What Does She Like To Do - there may be a key for moving the relationship to a more intimate level.

A man who knows how to properly court a lady

My feelings are the same, Sarge - learn her likes and dislikes - would not do to take her to a concert where the band is one that she doesn't care for, or any other activity where she would have to force an interest.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by drillsarge2

Excellent advice. As for the actual date of my choice it would be relaxing at the lake with some IPA's, and talking about everything under the sun. No pressure, quality time learning about each other in a relaxed environment.
“If you find it hard to laugh at yourself, I would be happy to do it for you."
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Is it just me or bringing a girl to the cinema is kinda lame, especially for a first date? You get this opportunity to get to know her better, yet prefer to watch a movie rather than talking with her ; plus, you don't even look at her. It's very rare for me to do that.

I much prefer a walk in a nice park (lots of nice ones in my city), visiting a cultural event or a museum, seeing a local band in a bar, doing an outdoor activity, etc...
Lurker
0 likes
I usually make her take ME somewhere on a first date... I'm not easy either ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by wolverine15

Excellent advice. As for the actual date of my choice it would be relaxing at the lake with some IPA's, and talking about everything under the sun. No pressure, quality time learning about each other in a relaxed environment.

Now that's ideal as long as the weather is ok. I hate going for a meal on the first date, if I do I can never relax, my mind flips from is the meal alright, do they like the restaurant, is the wine ok, am I staring too much etc. It's a minefield, I end up glad to get out in the fresh air. I think meals are better when you've got to know a partner and feel relaxed with them.
CurlyFries
0 likes
Quote by wolverine15

Beer...the way to a woman's heart! Sounds like a great date to me, and I know the perfect lake.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm actually going on a first date tonight. it's a girl i've met in a class this semester but we haven't had much time to talk, so we're going to go for a walk down in the "ancestor square" area of town which is lit up for christmas, and then go for a cup of coffee or hot chocolate. lots of time to talk, possible hold hands on the walk, really cute quiet coffee shop, and we'll see if there is enough there for a 2nd date
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Someplace nice and quiet so that you can both talk and get aquainted, a restaurant, nice pub, etc.
"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
Story Verifier
0 likes
I like pretty much all the answers but drillsarg2 has it nailed down well.

It's a mutual thing. Public but quiet and easy. In about 5 minutes I can get an idea of what she likes and doesn't like and then we can decide and do it. To me if it ever goes any farther than a cup of coffee it's going to turn into a partnership. I like women that do not need a man to make them a complete person.

We both decide what's good to do. I'm fine with just a stroll or a cup of coffee or just sitting on a bench in a park and talking. Talk is what I want to do and I want to look at her when we do. I'm weird I guess, I LIKE to listen to women when they talk and I do pay attention. I also never judge or offer advice unless asked for it.

It's all about trust. If that's not there then nothing else will ever be. I am not a big fan of one night stands. It's so much better when we both know more about the other.
I am always a gentleman.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan
Every girl is different, so every 1st date changes.

Depends on how long I've been talking to said girl or how long I've known her. I try to pick up on interests as we talk. That's what I do. Listen. Then I'd formulate a date out of her interests and what my interests are so we both "hopefully" are able to have fun.

I mean, some girls would dig a sporting event, some movie and a dinner. Others a night in. Others a nice sit down restaurant and a stroll through a park, beach, etc.

I don't think the where matters so much as the who, meaning you. Meaning relaxed and just going with it.

Ok, that's not entirely true. You don't wanna take her to a strip club. Or an abandoned factory. Or a strip club in an abandoned factory under a full moon.

Ha, you see, I would totally love this date!