Redheads

last reply
42 replies
4.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
What's the ordeal with redheads? I was made fun of all my life for being ginger, pale, and having red freckles.

And now, everyone has an opinion on the topic. Some say gingers are hot, some say otherwise.
What's your opinion?
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by TessaRhae
What's the ordeal with redheads? I was made fun of all my life for being ginger, pale, and having red freckles.

And now, everyone has an opinion on the topic. Some say gingers are hot, some say otherwise.
What's your opinion?

I think it's hot, seriously. It's rare, so there's a great level of exoticism that I associate with redheads. It's a unique feature that really makes them stand out.

Of course, they have to be good looking in the first place, but if they do it's a real turn-on.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

I think it's hot, seriously. It's rare, so there's a great level of exoticism that I associate with redheads. It's a unique feature that really makes them stand out.

Of course, they have to be good looking in the first place, but if they do it's a real turn-on.

Did you just say that a redhead is not a real turn-on if she is not good looking? Do you mean that you think red hair is hot, but if the girl is not hot as well, then red hair is not hot?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by trinket

Did you just say that a redhead is not a real turn-on if she is not good looking? Do you mean that you think red hair is hot, but if the girl is not hot as well, then red hair is not hot?

Ah Trink, for those of us that aren't hot we thank you dear! Hugs from a plain jane redhead!!
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by TessaRhae

What's your opinion?

Probably more extremes with gingers because they are a dying breed as it were. They are being mixed out of the gene pool, so they are few and far between. I've only actually MET a couple in my life. One of my friends is dating one and he pretty much has a red head fetish.

At any rate, as with any hair color, they are really super attractive women and there are unattractive ones, and there are ones in the middle. A rainbow spectrum of beauty. But then, everyone is different in what attracts them or not.

Me personally? I love a super cute redhead. The red hair + green eyes mix is gorgeous. Maybe my second favorite after black hair + blue/green eyes.

And maybe since I'm pale myself but, I've no problem with pale girls. It means healthy skin. And I love a girl with a light dusting of freckles across her nose. Even cooler when you can make up constellation names out of a girls freckles. I'm a hopelessly cheesy romantic though.

Honestly, I dunno why you ever were made fun of all your life, especially now. Outside of the typical gingers have no soul jokes.

I took a gander at your image gallery. From one anonymous internet poster that carries no significance in your life to you as a red head. You are gorgeous to me. The flaming red hair is beautiful.
Lurker
0 likes
i actually find red hair girls quite attractive but for me it goes down to a lot of other things not just the colour of her hair.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
pale- i don't mind
red hair - the color of ones hair isn't a big deal to me
freckles- too many is eh to me

just my preferences.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by trinket

Uhh, yes that's pretty much what I meant. Why would that be weird or offensive?

Pretty much like women who find goatees a turn-on wouldn't find it necessarly attractive on that man :

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Gingers are extremely hot
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan

Probably more extremes with gingers because they are a dying breed as it were. They are being mixed out of the gene pool, so they are few and far between. I've only actually MET a couple in my life. One of my friends is dating one and he pretty much has a red head fetish.

At any rate, as with any hair color, they are really super attractive women and there are unattractive ones, and there are ones in the middle. A rainbow spectrum of beauty. But then, everyone is different in what attracts them or not.

Me personally? I love a super cute redhead. The red hair + green eyes mix is gorgeous. Maybe my second favorite after black hair + blue/green eyes.

And maybe since I'm pale myself but, I've no problem with pale girls. It means healthy skin. And I love a girl with a light dusting of freckles across her nose. Even cooler when you can make up constellation names out of a girls freckles. I'm a hopelessly cheesy romantic though.

Honestly, I dunno why you ever were made fun of all your life, especially now. Outside of the typical gingers have no soul jokes.

I took a gander at your image gallery. From one anonymous internet poster that carries no significance in your life to you as a red head. You are gorgeous to me. The flaming red hair is beautiful.

Thanks! Although, I wasn't blessed with green eyes, I got blue.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Bullies will always find something to pick on. If it's not the color of your hair, it will be the length. If it's not your hair, it'll be your clothes. If it's not what you're wearing, you'll be too tall or too short, too fat or too skinny.

People who like to point out what they think are the flaws in others are only trying to make themselves feel better about their own flaws.

Also, there is a certain reason why a lot of people do find redheads very attractive. You see, there is this redhead stereotype that suggests someone with red hair is hot headed (passionate), crazy (strong willed), and very wild (playful). And this equates to being very good in bed, or being willing to push boundaries.

Of course, it is just a stereotype, but being a redhead myself I do sort of agree with it to an extent.

Also, I present to you, Tim Minchin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVN_0qvuhhw

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by TessaRhae

Thanks! Although, I wasn't blessed with green eyes, I got blue.

Blue works as well.

As for the peeps making fun of you. Their loss. They probably have no idea all the fun they're missing.
Lurker
0 likes
I personally find gingers/ red heads incredibly attractive biggrin
Lurker
0 likes
Ginger's are hot!!! They are so attractive!!
Lurker
0 likes
Very HOT!!!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by carl23
i actually find red hair girls quite attractive but for me it goes down to a lot of other things not just the colour of her hair.

Understandable.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

Uhh, yes that's pretty much what I meant. Why would that be weird or offensive?

Pretty much like women who find goatees a turn-on wouldn't find it necessarly attractive on that man :

I didn't find what you said 'weird or offensive', but it surprised me. The reason I asked you is because I don't often hear people say they would only like the hair colour if the person was 'good looking'. You didn't say "attractive", you said "good looking". There is a difference. Attraction can be a combination of personality, and/or her looks, the colour of her hair, things she has in common with the guy etc. You didn't mention any of those things, you just said "good looking". Doesn't that narrow it down to just her looks? e.g. I've always thought people liked red hair or they didn't like red hair. Not that they only like red hair if the person is good looking.

As for the pic of the guy you posted. I wouldn't find him attractive because he has snot hanging out of both nostrils and a dirty face. He obviously doesn't take care of himself or wipe his face. That doesn't mean if he cleaned himself up I wouldn't find him attractive. He might have a beautiful smile, or a great sounding laugh. THAT would attract me or at least give him a second glance. I don't think those things have anything to do with being good looking or not. I wouldn't think to myself "That guy is not good looking enough for me to like his goatee. I would think to myself "I'm not going anywhere near that dude because he's filthy".

I love red hair, I don't see it very often either.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by TessaRhae

What's your opinion?

Being a Strawberry Blonde (yes my mum used to call my hair colour that lol) I find a lot of redheads really attractive together with the pale skin freckles and with blue/green eyes (mine are green)
I am actually more interested in the person than their hair colour, always worked for me :0)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm a fan, as Redheaded woman stand out in a crowd. Plus, you're beautiful to boot!
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
@ Trinket

What I wanted to say is that I have many more criterions to judge if I find a woman attractive physically. If those aren't met beforehand, simply having red hair won't make her more/less attractive to me because I wouldn't care about her.

I just said it to clarify that only being a redhead will not be enough for me to find a woman attractive.
Lurker
0 likes
Love, love ,love redheads
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
First time I went down on a redhead, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I fall head over heels for redheads. However, with redheads, there is no in between.....either hot or not. Thankfully there are more hot than not!
"Sometimes you have to believe in someone else's belief in you before the belief in yourself kicks in" ~Les Brown
Lurker
0 likes
I don't think hair colour and attractiveness (as dictated by western society) are mutually exclusive. Some redheads are hot, others not so much, same with brunettes or blondes. However personally I do think a cute redhead is way cuter than a cute blonde, especially with the freckles smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I wish I had red hair!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by TessaRhae

What's your opinion?

This is so funny, I saw Redheads in the forum. I didn't remember starting a post...lmao
And Ginger, a nickname given to me by my grandfather. I hear stories that my mother wanted to kill him.
As far as the light skin and freckles, I was fortunate to get my fathers soft, smooth and darker complexion.
I do have freckles, but you really have to look hard to see them.

TessaRhae I love you, be my friend..lol

Ginger

PS...I"m told that I am Hot...hehe
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Haha!
Glad you think red hair + green eyes is hot ;)
Same with me! I was teased a lot in my school life for being pale and red headed, although I would give anything for a smattering of freckles.. I think they are hot on a guy smile (There were rumours I was a vampire, not helped by the Goth phase...)
Do any of you think that just being a carrot-top was a turn off for a guy? I once knew a friend who was ginger like me, who apparently got dumped by her boyfriend with the lame excuse that she was too redheaded for him!
Nina
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by Mistress_Nina
Haha!
Glad you think red hair + green eyes is hot ;)
Same with me! I was teased a lot in my school life for being pale and red headed, although I would give anything for a smattering of freckles.. I think they are hot on a guy smile (There were rumours I was a vampire, not helped by the Goth phase...)
Do any of you think that just being a carrot-top was a turn off for a guy? I once knew a friend who was ginger like me, who apparently got dumped by her boyfriend with the lame excuse that she was too redheaded for him!
Nina

Sounds like a douche looks for an excuse to get out of a relationship and lacked imagination or the balls to tell the truth.

As for being too red? What? I love all shades, from strawberry blonde to deep dark red.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i don't really judge on hair colour