would you still?

last reply
15 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
OK so say you have been with your partner for over a year, you've never spent the night. You care for this person dearly and decide to stay the night. Thinking they are the most attractive person in the world, would you still feel the same about them if you woke up to them snoring like a grizzly bear and drooling like a dog on thanksgiving?
Lurker
0 likes
Sure would if I really cared about them. If some snoring and a bit of drooling in a partner is all you've got to complain about after a year, then you're doing ok buddy. You might have some habits other people might not like too. smile
Lurker
0 likes
Sure would if I really cared about them. If some snoring and a bit of drooling in a partner is all you've got to complain about after a year, then you're doing ok buddy. You might have some habits other people might not like too. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
lmao! best question i have read on here in a long time.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Welcome back pussycurious! We missed you, sincerely!

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I've been their partner for a year but I've never spent the night?? Hmm... that's a hard one to wrap my head around.

I guess I would just deal with the snoring but I'd have to *really* be into them on every other level. This actually happened to me once with a guy I really liked that ended up being a BF for about 6 months so I guess I was able to overlook the snoring bit. It was very annoying though. I never slept well and I remember the first night I spent at his place I was basically up for the whole night, counting the leaves on the tree outside the window. It wasn't grizzly bear level or anything but I'm a light sleeper. sad
Lurker
0 likes
If your boyfriend snores badly then ask him if he can sleep on his side or stomach. Usually snoring is due to sleeping on their back and chest pressing down and stuff like that. If that doesn't work ask him to see a doctor. Maybe he has a medical problem that can be fixed with a small surgery. Should he get offended by this then I say dump him. If they get upset by something as simple as snoring just imagine how it's gonna be when something big comes up.
Mazztastic
0 likes
If I was really into him, I would don my earplugs and suck it up!

(does sound like an odd scenario in the OP though)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by trinket

Very well put Trinket!

I would too. Its not like something they're doing consciously. A tissue clears the dribble and rolling her slightly should ease the breathing and stop the snoring; the two maybe related anyway. Being gentle, and with a little luck, should be able to do both with out waking her or causing embarrassment. Can then cuddle up and go back to sleep.

Whoops, sorry, just released this is in "ask the girls" - must learn to read the forum page before posting!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yep, I'd still think she was amazing.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by asleep
I know this sounds crazy, but a piece of duct tape over the mouth would probably help a lot. My wife started doing that and it works...she actually sleeps better and isn't so 'dry mouth' upon awakening.

LOL - honestly, I have a mega container of earplugs in my dresser drawer. Sometimes, I sleep on the couch.

I love him anyway.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I've been their partner for a year but I've never spent the night?? Hmm... that's a hard one to wrap my head around.

I could say so many things........................But I wont!! HAHA

OK, If I really liked him I would deal with the snoring. After all, there are worse things he could be doing all night!!

But One thing I don't understand. By saying we haven't spent the night together do you mean we haven't had sex or just haven't stayed the night?

Either way, if this hasn't happened in a year, sounds like I am not really that into him, does it.
Lurker
0 likes
We have had sex just I have spent the night till a few nights ago
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
hmmmm
it could be a question for the guys also!
but what has snores and droll got to do with liking a person.
like is irrespective -- or it is not!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Bother!! Should have read more carefully - but yes if the situation was reversed I would.