O.K. Ladies whats more important looks or personality

last reply
29 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Do looks really matter if you have a great personality?
Lurker
0 likes
You can be with the most gorgeous man/woman and if you can not carry on a conversation or have fun, why bother being with them. NO!!!! Not to me! Looks do help, don't get me wrong, but I would not be with someone if they did not have a great personality.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Looks draw me in, personality keeps me there. You need some of each!!
Lurker
0 likes
Looks draw me in, personality keeps me there. You need some of each!!.....

I have to agree, but more personality for sure
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

I do agree. Looks are the first thing you notice, but you have to have a great personality for me to actually like you. Looks don't matter anywhere near as much as personality. Having a good personality is sexier than just being good looking.
Lurker
0 likes
Looks fade, what does that leave you when it does? I think the personality/compatability is more important, as long as the person is not walking around with holes in their shorts and dirty fingernails if you know what I mean.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

Agree.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by dean13
Do looks really matter if you have a great personality?

No, but the personality has to click with yours. Nothing more obnoxious than a good looking ass.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Personality
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

I agree
Lurker
0 likes
Personality over looks
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes

In my opinion the distinction between looks and personality is not that easy to make. A man's initial/inherent physical features will lead him to adopt a different personality, and a great deal of a man's inner personality will also be reflected by his appearance in the end.

Studies have shown that males that grew up looking good (tall, masculine, handsome, etc) will be a lot more confident, assertive, happy, proactive, etc., while those not so good looking might develop opposite traits. This correlation is so clear that most women who observe a handsome man will automatically assume that he possesses those qualities, with actually not much chance of making a mistake.

Considering two men of equal beauty, their inner personalities will also lead to a different outside appearance. A man that is proactive will also be physically active and will somehow possess a fit physique ; a man that is intelligent will also display a nice aesthetic style, if he chooses to do so ; a man that is confident will show a straight posture and an alluring demeanor ; a man that is happy and outgoing will display a nice smile and sparkling eyes.

Simply compare the two pictures above ; I'm sure you can directly assume some personality traits in each of these men. Even if the two men would act the same, women will be a lot more sympathic to the handsome man ; if both are being shy, the handsome man will be perceived as reflective, introspective and romantic, while the fat man will be judged as socially awkward and lacking confidence. Sad but true.

Of course, a woman might personally prefer the personality of a less appealing man, but a man's appearance will still show accurate hints to assess his overall personality.

Just my opinion.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
just go into any social area - a mall, a restaurant, the theatre ..... check out the couples.

You will find, couples of ALL types .... guys/gals not that attractive (perhaps overweight, or whatever is deemed unattractive) and they have a mate.

That shows, personality over rules looks.

Personally - I have met numerous people in my lifetime that have not been "stunners" ... plain, ordinary people - who have amazing beautiful personalities. As time goes on, they actually become more attractive in your eyes because their personalities shine.

I've met some gorgeous people .... who are ugly because of their self-centered and obnoxious personalities.

Yup ... Personality over rules looks for me!
Lurker
0 likes
Personality is more important, the good looks are a bonus.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
^agree.
Rawr, I'm a dinosaur. :3

(Check out my stories, babies xox)
Lurker
0 likes
Personality
0 likes
First the looks helps but more importantly the personality is way better than looks any day. I've met people who were very attractive that had shitty personallities. For me it's peronality.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

In my opinion the distinction between looks and personality is not that easy to make. A man's initial/inherent physical features will lead him to adopt a different personality, and a great deal of a man's inner personality will also be reflected by his appearance in the end.

Just my opinion.

I agree. Our personalities are a built around, both in good and bad ways, our appearance. I'd say confidence or being comfortable in both your appearance and personality is most important to me. I know we all have aspects of our body and personality that we don't like, or don't find attractive. But they are so closely interconnected, I can't say it's all personality.
Lurker
0 likes
personality
Mazztastic
0 likes
Although looks are what might initially catch my attention, that IS a very fleeting thing. It's his personality that grabs me really.

Of course, online, it's the projected personality which draws one in, looks have little, if anything to do with it...
Lurker
0 likes
There are so many gorgeous men out there, but most often they are quite shallow. I mean they are nice to look at, but I'd rather have a guy with a heart and average looks any day.
So I guess what I'm trying to get at is that personality is most important, although attraction is a key element as well smile
Lurker
0 likes
I find the question disingenuous and silly. The best looking person in the world with the worse personality will be alone unless only sex was wanted (and honestly they could probably have sex with people until they died, but not a lasting relationship). And the ugliest person in the world, with the best personality will likewise end up alone and probably NEVER have a mate (unless that mate was ALSO ugly). The truth is that for most people on earth, it is BOTH that matters, not one OR the other. We all fall on a sliding scale concerning many attributes. I find what is MOST important can quickly change if you find yourself with someone you claimed had the "most important" thing, but lacked the other.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Personality-....Looks are nothing without a personality and good heart
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
As has already been said, both. I can get past looks (sort of) if personality is there. But good looks and personality aren't always separate entities. And ugly people can have ugly personalities to match, as well.

All this bullshit about looks not getting you too far is exactly that, bullshit. Your looks can get you just about anywhere you wanna go if you know how to put them to use and I don't necessarily mean sexually (but that's yet another option where prettier people have the advantage). I don't know why it's a truth we hide from. Pretty people generally get treated better and have more opportunities than non-pretty people. With that being said, looks alone won't sustain you FOREVER. So it's good to have a modicum of personality going forward.

Personally, I'd take a good looking guy with a great personality over an ugly guy with a great personality. That's pretty much a given. Unattractive people have to work much harder to date. Sure you may have the greatest personality in the world, but I would never know if I never gave you the time of day, would I? And what happens if I don't give you the time of day because of your looks? Chalk it up to my loss, I suppose and life goes on. But it's definitely not something to dwell on. I've dated ugly guys with awesome personalities, but we just weren't meant to be. So what does that tell you? Looks may not mean 'everything' but neither does personality. It's about the individual and how they click/interact with other individuals.

If given a choice, we'd all CHOOSE to be good looking. But it doesn't work that way, so you have to take it for what it is. To me, looks and personality are equally important. I want both. There. I said it.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012
All this bullshit about looks not getting you too far is exactly that, bullshit. Your looks can get you just about anywhere you wanna go if you know how to put them to use and I don't necessarily mean sexually (but that's yet another option where prettier people have the advantage). I don't know why it's a truth we hide from. Pretty people generally get treated better and have more opportunities than non-pretty people. With that being said, looks alone won't sustain you FOREVER. So it's good to have a modicum of personality going forward.

So very true.

Honestly, I'm not even sure what having a bad personality means exactly. Most personality traits exist on opposite scales, where one is not necessarly better than the other. Introvert/extrovert, logical/emotional, serious/funny, careful/spontaneous, practical/lunatic, etc., none of these is necessarly better than the other, and is a matter of personal taste in most cases when choosing a mate.

As long as someone is not completely dumb, mean, self-centered or socially awkward, his personality will be considered decent by most, and the only things that will matter by then will be his looks and personal preferences.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Honestly intelligence and a great personality turn me on more than a moron in an Abercrombie models body
Sassy scary cute <3
Lurker
0 likes
definitely, 'PERSONALITY... i like guys who are funny, gentleman(but good in bed ), sweet, caring and has a sense of humor.... oh and guys with brain and leadership (someone who i can be proud of)
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by BrownEyedBabyGirl89
First the looks helps but more importantly the personality is way better than looks any day. I've met people who were very attractive that had shitty personallities. For me it's peronality.

I think we dated the same guys smile
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
personality 1st