Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

What advice did you ignore as a child but wish you'd heeded?

last reply
8 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
This is the sort of thing I think about now I have a daughter of my own and find myself imparting on her the good advice that I was given as a child, but of course chose to ignore because adults don't know anything!

Stuff like...learn a language and how to play an instrument, you'll regret that you didn't when you're older! Yeah right....of course I did neither and regret both!

What good advice were you given when you were younger, that you chose to ignore?
Lurker
0 likes
Its not much advices that I was ignoring, but what I got from my lovely parents..
As we are individuals, I think children do sence when we treat them as stereotipe, specially in young age (around 4) when they start to realize that they do have personality, that they do matter and they want to be treated as ones, and above all recognized. I think this is one of biggest mistakes parents do, ignoring their children and raising them as they think its proper way to do it. Mistake. Of course they will ignore your advice, if you are ignoring them. Pure logic.
Lurker
0 likes
I wish I had been better with personal hygiene, tbh. I didn't wash my hair until mid high school, or brush my teeth until after I had cavities. Looking back it's like "Why Cecilia!?"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Take pictures, make memories, don't be afraid to have fun.

Especially during high school, I was too afraid of what everyone else thought of me that I didn't take any chances or have fun. I wish I went to the school events, took lots of pictures, and be myself.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Get at least a Bachelors degree as soon as possible.
Start retirement saving as early as possible.
"Being male is a matter of birth.
Being a man is a matter of age.
Being a gentleman is a matter of choice."
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Was given all the wrong advice as a child. Utterly unhelpful and negative!! Wish I hadn't been so good and conscientious and thought that adults must be right and have my best interests at heart!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I can tell you one thing my family insisted on that was harmful in the long run: eat bread!! It seems every day someone in the family would tell me to eat bread!
I should have joined The Navy like they insisted. I was 1-Y. lol
Lurker
0 likes
Get as much education as you can...
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
i seriously need to stop taking candy from strangers. gets me EVERY time...

Say. Her. Name.