For those ladies in a committed relationship

last reply
28 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Do you do your man's laundry? I was over at my older sister's house the other day, while there I saw her putting away her husband's (of 20+ years) laundry.

Do younger women still do the laundry?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Hasabrain2
Do you do your man's laundry? I was over at my older sister's house the other day, while there I saw her putting away her husband's (of 20+ years) laundry.

I don't know if 33 is young these days, but yes, I still do the laundry. My washing machine is 120 years old as are my values, apparently. LOL No, really - I do laundry when he's at work most of the time. It just makes sense to put it away and get it over with when he's gone rather than letting the laundry stack collect the cat while he's gone.

If I don't do it - he will eventually do it. But it's my pet peeve to have stacks of folded clothes on the bed or in baskets, being a pet bed.

Aside that, sometimes he goes to work and I get calls like "Babe, I have to go to Texas" - he comes home, grabs some of his stuff, and is gone for days.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Yep. Even though we don't live together, it's still a gesture I don't mind. Same as if he were over at my place and took the trash out or if he washed my car or something. It's just nice little things you do for each other.

As far as your question of younger women still doing laundry, well...who else is gonna do my laundry?

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Yep. Even though we don't live together, it's still a gesture I don't mind. Same as if he were over at my place and took the trash out or if he washed my car or something. It's just nice little things you do for each other.

As far as your question of younger women still doing laundry, well...who else is gonna do my laundry?

"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012

Sure, but is it an exception or the norm within your relation?

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
It's not like doing the laundry is a very long/hard chore to perform anyway. When you're in couple, the only difference it makes is that you put more clothes in the washing machine before starting the cycle. You also have more clothes to hang/fold later, but it's not that complicated either ; I generally listen to music when I perform that kind of chores, so it's almost fun to me.

When I was with my ex-girlfriend and we were living at my place, I washed our clothes together unless she specified some of her garments required 'special care' and preferred to handle those herself. No big deal, really.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by BiMale73

Sure, but is it an exception or the norm within your relation?

I don't think it's either. It's not like he doesn't do his laundry knowing that I'll do it. If it's there and I'm there and it needs doing, then I'll do it or help do it. But he doesn't call me up every time he has laundry that needs to get done. It's not my chosen chore whenever at his place. It hasn't been established that I'm the official laundry doer in the relationship. I honestly don't give it that much thought. Like I said, it's just one of those gestures.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
It's not like doing the laundry is a very long/hard chore to perform anyway. When you're in couple, the only difference it makes is that you put more clothes in the washing machine before starting the cycle. You also have more clothes to hang/fold later, but it's not that complicated either ; I generally listen to music when I perform that kind of chores, so it's almost fun to me.

When I was with my ex-girlfriend and we were living at my place, I washed our clothes together unless she specified some of her garments required 'special care' and preferred to handle those herself. No big deal, really.

I guess you didn't do the pile of ironing
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by Kimasa

Only my office clothes require ironing, which only takes me 10-15 minutes to perform. So yes, no big deal.

If you hang your clothes properly just after the washing machine cycle ends, most clothes will look perfectly fine.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Kimasa

Hehe. I don't iron. That sucker goes in the dryer. smile a girl's gotta have limits. A few things I don't do are my Hubbs military uniforms and such - those need to be ironed and pinned. Out of my league.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, I do the laundry, and happily so.
"When its too kinky for everybody else, its just gettin' good for me."
(Kinky Freedman)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Hasabrain2

This is interesting. Why is it that this pulled you up short? Most men I know draw the conclusion that women do. This is the first time I've read that a guy questioned it.

Very interesting.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
in a committed relationship, don't got a man, got a woman. it varies, sometimes i do, sometimes we do - we take turns or do it together. it's actually kind of fun doing it together, honestly. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't mind doing the laundry at all smile sometimes, I actually kinda like it
Lurker
0 likes
Nothing difficult about doing laundry. I fold em and put it all on his bed for him to put away tho. Those are his drawers...like a womans purse. When he's over at my place he has done mine and again, leaves them folded in nice piles on the bed.
Lurker
0 likes
It doesn't matter to me if it's the laundry, the ironing, washing the car, cleaning the floors or cleaning the bathroom. It's just another chore that has to be done. Which person does it doesn't matter to me, as long as one person isn't leaving most of it for the other person.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think it's normal. given, he should do it once in a while. But he probably does chores for her too. I do laundry for my whole family.
Lurker
0 likes
I iron virtually EVERYTHING!!!

with the exception of socks, silky knickers and nylons
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm doing laundry right now.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

Exactly best to get out of the way, Im sure there would be other ways to spend your time.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I'm not in a current relationship that requires doing his laundry, but I have been. Yes, I did his laundry, I did most of the cooking and household chores. But, he cleared the snow, took the trash out. Okay, that is about it, because he was a loser. But, yeah, I like and enjoy doing those things. I just want to be respected and appreciated for it. Just like if he did anything, I'd do the same in return. Relationships are 50/50 in every sense.
Lurker
0 likes
If I don't do it, it doesn't get done.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Personally I don't mind doing laundry for my husband. But lately I have to admit that he's been taking over the house duties since my hours at work got changed to graveyard shift. But I always did his laundry. We alternate and theres no set of rules in our home. Sometimes I think there should be because I am way to spoiled ;) lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I hate laundry. But before kids it was much easier.
Now I need to check every pocket for crayons and small animals and empty the sand out of socks and turn clothes the right side out. (I'm OCD about that)

My ex worked in landscaping and had the most disgusting clothes after he was done work. He also smoked. Which meant cigarette butts in his pockets instead of on the perfectly manicured lawns. (Why he couldn't find a garbage can and empty his pockets, I'll never know)
I felt like I needed to have a shower and disinfect my hands after touching his clothes, especially his socks.

Ironing was what I had to do for hours on end as a kid as punishment if I didn't finish my dinner or forgot to put the dishes away or some other little incidental my mother dreamed up so she didn't have to do it. I refuse to buy clothes that need ironing because of this.
So if you want clean and pressed clothes. Do it yourself.

I hate it with such a passion it's to the point I'd rather clean the barn out with a small hand shovel than do laundry.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm not a "younger woman" but what the heck I'll add my two cents! I have absolutely no problem doing the laundry. I truly enjoy the way clothes smell fresh out of the dryer, and to be honest he does the laundry sometimes as well.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've always just done laundry because I like how it turns out when I do it, as apposed to when Hubby does it. There are certain soaps I'll use (like, for body odors and sweat stains I'll use shampoo... for grease and sketty stains I'll use dish soap), and only I know the amounts that are safe to use for the amount of clothes per load (Shampoo is two swirls around the top of the load, and dish soap is no more than a dash-squirt). Also, I have a certain way to fold each family members clothes (I came up with this because we have three girls, who often like to "borrow" their sisters' clothes..just made things easier when they were younger to tell which clothes went where..), and I like shirts hanging a certain direction.

I'm a touch OCD when it comes to certain things... like folding, and hanging. Just easier all the way around when I do it myself.

I'm getting that way with dishes, and putting food away too.. Certain ways to do it, and get it done "right" so I can find stuff when I go looking for it. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I usually do the laundry for my girlfriend. Mostly because she takes no care in sorting colors/special clothing so things end up ruined. I also do the garbage btw.. but the bathroom is hers to clean!
I don't mind doing the laundry at all. It's easy. taking care of the laundry after it's dry depends on who's home/has time for it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My wife usually does the laundry. I usually cut the grass. Sometimes I'll do laundry, sometimes she'll cut the grass. We don't have definitive chores that must be done by a specific person. Some nights I do the dishes, some nights she does. Some times she'll do the washing and I'll do the folding. A woman in today's society doing her husband's laundry isn't a big deal, doesn't mean she's the same wife as a 1950's subservient wife. My wife prefers doing the laundry because I "don't do it right". Conversely, I don't think she cuts the grass properly. It all evens out.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i do the laundry because i have issues about it being sorted and done the way i like. but overall we split the chores. sometimes i cook sometimes he does (btw he makes killer goodness mexican food om nomnom). but yeah its just mostly my tiny bit of OCD that prevents him from doing some things because i come from a messy previous home i am very particular about how i want it done smile
my newest :)