You may notice the votes on stories changing

last reply
54 replies
5.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
We're in the process of clearing up after the latest spate of story score bombing, by our resident pest. All his scores are being removed.

Imagine what kind of loser you'd have to be, to spend all your day at a computer, voting 60 times on the same story (requiring a new IP address each time), and then repeating the process across hundreds of them.

We know who he is, he's a mentally ill man living in Brisbane. We repeatedly ban his ever changing IP addresses. He's a minor irritation, like a dose of the clap (not that I've ever had it!).

After receiving some serious threats, we've also made the police aware of who he is. Some of you may have been on the receiving end of his vitriol. The best policy is to simply ignore him.

If you are at all worried about your stories being anonymously voted down, go to your settings and set your stories to member only voting. It's easy for us to delete members and all their votes disappear with them.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
And there was me thinking that all low scores meant that other authors were simply so jealous of my wonderful turn of phrase, willy-stiffening punctuation, and sparkling wit, that they bombed in spiteful revenge. I refuse to believe it's truth or illness!

Dammit.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Mazztastic
0 likes
Oh I'd noticed that mine had dipped a bit...

I also noticed that a couple of people have closed their accounts. Do their votes disappear too?
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Mazza
Oh I'd noticed that mine had dipped a bit...

I also noticed that a couple of people have closed their accounts. Do their votes disappear too?

We've closed hundreds of this boring idiot's accounts. When we do so, we remove their votes too.

Normal members who close their accounts, their votes remain.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In around and hour last night, I got around 50 scores - all fours which are good for me! - on all my profile page stories and a few beyond. And there was I, thinking I was suddenly 'almost popular', or 'famously average'. Oh, well. It brought a little excitement to my Earl Grey existence.
"If I sign off with pithy quotations, ignore all preceding opinion for I am undoubtedly a fool. And if, after our discourse, I abuse you by proffering my vulgar produce, cast me into the gutter."
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Alexandra_A
In around and hour last night, I got around 50 scores - all fours which are good for me! - on all my profile page stories and a few beyond. And there was I, thinking I was suddenly 'almost popular', or 'famously average'. Oh, well. It brought a little excitement to my Earl Grey existence.

This made me laugh, I thought the same for mine!
Matriarch
0 likes
One of my favourite teas!

Yes, we have filters in place to stop the low scores, so this sad little man thinks it will upset people to receive lots of votes of 4's.

What's quite remarkable in all this, is that his wife is actually a JP. I bet it hurts her career when the police turn up at the door, and seize half a dozen computers.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola

We've closed hundreds of this boring idiot's accounts. When we do so, we remove their votes too.

Normal members who close their accounts, their votes remain.

Does he use a different password and email address when setting these new accounts up? It might be an easy way of keeping tabs on him. Geolocating whatever IP he's using could help though it's not very accurate

My votes haven't changed. I almost feel as if I've been missing out
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow

Does he use a different password and email address when setting these new accounts up? It might be an easy way of keeping tabs on him. Geolocating whatever IP he's using could help though it's not very accurate

My votes haven't changed. I almost feel as if I've been missing out

Yes. He has to set up a new or etc account each time too. The lengths this man is going to, really highlights how psychotic he is.

He's a coward. He hides behind proxy servers so banning his IP address doesn't work.

He has been threatening myself and other women here, the lowest of the low. How he's actually married, I'll never know.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for this Nicola (and the rest of the Lush staff). While I don't put a lot into the scores, I know that some writers do.

I prefer to look at the comments, as those are what is going to make Me a better writer. And apparently I am doing something right as people seem to like My stories.

I do appreciate Lush looking out for us though. Between keeping the too young and these types of nutcases out of here, you also help keep the site from becoming a flame war and keep it fun in here!
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
I agree with MJ, and Shyless, and, uh, well, you get the idea. I've notice that the scores on new post seemed a bit lower than usual the last few days. Was that a result of the 'Brisbane Bomber' doing his thang?

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by Shylass
And there was me thinking that all low scores meant that other authors were simply so jealous of my wonderful turn of phrase, willy-stiffening punctuation, and sparkling wit, that they bombed in spiteful revenge. I refuse to believe it's truth or illness!

Dammit.

I tried telling you. This dude has no life.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Thank you, Nicola and the rest of the staff. It was really getting to me two stories ago, and no one could explain it to me. I just knew it was this dude again. You guys rock! Thanks!
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks guys. . .you guys are awesome! I still believe we've got people like this on the site (well on the internet for that matter). Keep up the great work guys. . .and I'm grateful for all y'all do for this site.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Dammit.

that was just me, Daisy. sorry. i went a little mental. try not to let it happen again. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Poppet

I tried telling you. This dude has no life.

And I told you, there will always be knobheads and idiots around. It's how we deal with it that matters.

Quote by sprite

that was just me, Daisy. sorry. i went a little mental. try not to let it happen again. smile

It's okay. I can't be perfect in everything I do, or other people would feel inferior. It's good of you to care about their feelings so much.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

Dammit.

DAMN! Daisy, when I got that score of ONE, you did tell me it was because some door handle got jealous about my fabulous story! What am I gonna blame if I ever get another one?
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
Quote by Shylass
And I told you, there will always be knobheads and idiots around. It's how we deal with it that matters.

Very true.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
For the record, despite this being a purposefully malicious vote bombing, 4 is NOT a low score, so please, don't think we're going to go policing the site for scores that are average to good; 3s and 4s that are legitimate. as you can see, we have plenty to do already.

this has been a public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood sprite. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by trinket

DAMN! Daisy, when I got that score of ONE, you did tell me it was because some door handle got jealous about my fabulous story! What am I gonna blame if I ever get another one?

I'd give you one, but I don't swing that way, sorry.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by Alexandra_A

I got a rush of 4s that dropped my story from a 4.9 to a 4.45 in the span of a day. All by anonymous guests. Wish I had known about the "members only voting" before. I guess mine wasn't a target then, but a mad rush of votes in a single day weeks after I posted the story was a little strange.

I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run though since I do have that RR.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan

I got a rush of 4s that dropped my story from a 4.9 to a 4.45 in the span of a day. All by anonymous guests. Wish I had known about the "members only voting" before.

That kinda sucks.

I guess it doesn't really matter in the long run though since I do have that RR.

Still.l8MBDAjchRDMGMGz

yeah, those will probably disappear too, i'm guessing. not the RR, the 4s! lol - the RR is yours for life (as long as you don't piss me off and i go off the deep end and get all power crazy on you and shit) biggrin

Internet Philosopher
0 likes
I just want to point out how this kind of personal concern and interest by the site owner herself sets Lush apart from other Erotic sites. Even though there are now over two hundred thousand members and god knows how many among them write, Nicola has spent considerable time, money and effort cleaning up and reversing the damage done to by one particularly nasty troll.

I don't believe there is another site of this kind anywhere that would have cared enough about the honor of their writers to have bothered to protect their creative efforts from such an attack. While I seem to have been lucky enough not to be a victim of this sad assault on my fellow writers, I join them in giving my thanks to Nicola and Gavin for their efforts. They could easily have just closed their eyes and pretended such voting fraud never happens and left us to the ravages of the troll.

The fact that she made protecting our work such a high priority speaks volumes about her dedication to our art. This type of personal involvement by the owner and its staff is why I write for Lushstories.

Nicola, you are the best!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by trinket

you can blame me - in fact, i'll go do it right now - no need to thank me, i'm nice like that biggrin

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by sprite

yeah, those will probably disappear too, i'm guessing. not the RR, the 4s! lol - the RR is yours for life (as long as you don't piss me off and i go off the deep end and get all power crazy on you and shit) biggrin

From Rapunzel to Wicked Witch of the West.

I'll be sure to always keep you in a sexy good mood.
God Empress of Lush
0 likes
Oh yes, I've just noticed I've got a lot of fours on my stories too. I just assumed it was people who "quite liked" them - which seemed like fair comment really!

I suppose I should be honoured to be one of those picked on for persecution ;)

How odd to go to all that trouble to post 4s though - you'd think he'd go all the way and make them 1s!

But VMT to Nicola for taking the trouble to sort this out.

22 February 2024 - How about a quick plug for one of my filthiest recent stories? It's all in the title - Naked Pool Party Swingers | Lush Stories Please read, comment and maybe give it a ❤️ - or even a⭐ if you really enjoy it! Thank you! Annie xxx

Matriarch
0 likes
He must spend his evening here too doing it. My god, this petty individual really has no life.

We're having an admin tool coded to clear these up in one go. He can spend all the hours of the day wasting his time, it will take 5 seconds to remove all his poison.

Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by nicola
He must spend his evening here too doing it. My god, this petty individual really has no life.

We're having an admin tool coded to clear these up in one go. He can spend all the hours of the day wasting his time, it will take 5 seconds to remove all his poison.

(Love the filename of that screenshot, lol!)
Matriarch
0 likes
Just a heads up, anonymous voting will be temporarily turned off for a while, site wide.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for being so on top of it all!!!! biggrin