Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Help! My hair is so tangled all the time!

last reply
17 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My hair has recently been a disaster to manage. When I shower and comb it out it takes me like twenty minutes to get all the knots out. I don't dye my hair, curl it, straighten it or blow dry it. I literally just wash it and put some argan oil on it. I know it's starting to get too long and nearly down to my butt. I need to have more than just a trim next time I go to the salon. Does anyone experience this problem? Do you have any tips that will keep me from shaving my head
Lurker
0 likes
Do a pre conditioner. My avatar is an older pic of me but I do lighten my hair now...I will sit almost with a bottle of conditioner in my hair for a half day...No hair products with alcohol. None. I do a pre cond, a gentle shampoo and then a deep conditioner. I do not do heat unless I am working. Wear your hair in a pony when you sleep, always keep the strands protected. Hope it helps.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I have used a ton of conditioners over the years ranging in price and brand - they really do vary a lot in terms of conditioning ability. The best I've used is Kerasilk and good 'ole Pantene (their conditioner never fails me). Occasionally I'll do a basic hot-oil treatment.

You probably need a comb-through leave-in conditioner to comb out the tangles. I've used Aveda's Hang Straight and ABBA's Leave-In Conditioner. Both have the consistency of a slippery lotion - just run it through the length of your hair right after you get out of the shower and you won't have issues with tangles and comb-through. Then dry hair and use the finishing oil like Biosilk, Moroccan, Aveda Blue or Argan on the ends or the really dry bits.

I have very long hair as well... I do use a straightener (GHD brand) pretty often, especially in fall/winter months to tame some of the flyaways and for when I want a really pin-straight look.

Worse case scenario, or if you have a bit of extra cash to spend, you can check out those Brazilian Gloss (keratin) treatments. I haven't tried this yet myself but my stylist tells me it's the holy-grail of healthy-looking lush hair.

http://www.braziliangloss.com/
Head Nurse
0 likes
I have long curly hair, that tends to have a mind of its own if not carefully tended. I have found over the years that moisturize, Moisturize, MOISTURIZE is the best and indeed only real cure for it. I use a leave in conditioner regularly, a deep treat weekly, never shower without conditioning(although I will skip washing), after I get out, I work a Moroccan oil through it.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse
I have long curly hair, that tends to have a mind of its own if not carefully tended.

This is the story of my life.

Conditioner is your best friend. I usually comb out my hair with Shea Moisture while I'm in the shower...it does the trick for me. Then I use either Moroccan or Argan oil.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Lurker
0 likes
If I am not mistaken, you are in your early 20' (correct me if wrong). Your body is changing, your hormons are developing into a woman. Embrace changes, that is first step smile. You've got some great edvices, experiment until you find something that suit, You New. Welcome biggrin.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by She
If I am not mistaken, you are in your early 20' (correct me if wrong). Your body is changing, your hormons are developing into a woman. Embrace changes, that is first step smile. You've got some great edvices, experiment until you find something that suit, You New. Welcome biggrin.

Actually, this is pretty accurate. My hair has changed volume/texture a couple of times between my early teen years and now. It has grown immune to what used to be my favorite products and I've had to switch to products I never thought would work on my hair.

So yes, experiment...but not to the point of stressing it out.

Mazztastic
0 likes
In addition to what the ladies have so helpfully suggested, I'd offer that you try a Tangle Teazer or a Tangle Tamer brush...

I use them for my youngest and her hair is a riot at the best of time. These brushes smooth out the tugs with very little discomfort...

I find that if you comb your conditioner into your wet hair while you shower, that also makes a big difference...
Lurker
0 likes
You need to wah all the cum out of it
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by DirtyOldie

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by DirtyOldie

Thanks for the tip. Great advice. I'll try that later and see if it works.
Lurker
0 likes
Also usually it is because your hair follicles are open, so they grab onto each other. When I surf too much, the sea water does that to my hair and I have to use shampoos and conditioners with protein in them. I just feel your pain, I know how it is. Just really avoid any hair products with alcohol they seem okay at first but they strip your hair.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My hair is down to my butt and I keep it that long because its easier to keep out of my face...and because my lover loves to pull on it when we are making love, sometimes wrapping it around his hand a couple of times to get a good grip on it. I have even had lovers who wanted to wrap it around their cocks and stroke themselves to orgasm in my hair.

Now as to your question about tangles. What I do is to brush my hair well before I wash it and when I wash my hair, I don't scrub vigorously, instead I do scrub my scalp but then squeeze the shampoo through to the ends of my hair. When I rinse, I do it carefully as well, gently squeezing the water through my hair. Its always a good idea to condition your hair, and when I use conditioner, I only apply it the the bottom half of my hair. say from my shoulders down...squeezing it through the hair, never rubbing. Drying...I allow my hair to air dry before I even try to brush it. If you have a wide tooth comb, you can try to comb through it, but I don't ever do that anymore just because I am too busy to waste much extra time on my hair. I brush it when I get up, wash it, let it dry, put it up and forget about it.

When I was in my 20s my hair was so straight that I could tie a knot in it and it would untie itself even if it was just one hair it would straighten itself out. As I have gotten older, my hair has changed as well, it now tangles easily and stays that way. I normally twist my hair and put it in a knot on the top of my head secured with one of those toothed clips. Kind of I dream of Jeanie style...

My own hair usually doesn't tangle unless I am thrashing about in bed or in the wind. I hope this helps.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
As you stated, the next time you need a trim. Keeping it trimmed helps with the tangles. Split ends and whatnot happen, if it's kept trimmed as often as it should, it's not as bad. I hear you're suppose to get a trim every SIX weeks. Now, mind you, I go like once a year. I'm in need, but once I do, Oh my, it helps so much. I have thick, long hair. It's a pain in the arse, but trims always do help. Along with what all the ladies said above. Hope that helps.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
One more tip - if you're a daily hair washer, focus on shampooing the roots only and just letting the suds run through the the rest of the length of the hair. Daily hair washing takes it's toll and will dry out your hair faster but if you have an active lifestyle or go to the gym regularly, it's hard to get around it. You can be easier on your hair if you just focus on the roots and spare the length. That goes for shampooing as well as hair colouring, if you do it yourself.
Lurker
0 likes
My hair tangles easily as well. I have found it helps if I brush it out before I shower and then brush it again once out of the shower. I have tried a variety of shampoos and conditioners, however I have found Pantene to work the best for me personally. I wish you success in finding a routine that works well for you.
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
Haven't had any tangled hair in over two decades.

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===