Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Threatened over scoring, commenting on a story?

last reply
20 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Just for future reference is it acceptable conduct on lush for an author to confront a reader because they might not care for the readers opinion/ comments? and who would you report it to?

How can you ask someone that takes time to read your story, to take down thier opinion? Shouldn't they be adressing the Lush admin if they have a problem with a readers comments?
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Ajax
Just for future reference is this acceptable conduct on lush for an author to confront a reader because they might not care for the readers opinion/ comments? and who would you report it to?

no, it's not acceptable, unless the comment was purposefully geared towards raising a response (we have had issues with troll commenters in the past). Coco beat me to it, but you can contact me as well if there's an issue.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Coco
Let me get this right. You were threatened over making a comment on someone's story? You may hit the contact us link or PM me.
Thank you very much for the reponse. I was confronted about posting a comment on an authors story some time ago. Someone suggested that i take the comment down because either myself, or Lush are the only ones who can. I mean, i gave the story the most optimal score you can give. But they chose to focus on my comment because i wasn't fond of the tittle, and mentioned it in my comments.

Anyway i did modify my comment on the story , in order to try and appease them.

Again i'm just asking for future reference. Not tryin to open a can of worms here. I can handle one time but, just incase i encounter this issue again, i'm not gonna sit there and explain myself to someone who is ungrateful again. Rather uncomfortable experience.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Coco
The contact us link works fine. And you may want to use that in the future. If you want the current issue dealt with, please PM me.
Thanks again, i have all the PM mail saved regarding this peticular incident. If anything further arises i'll let you know. I'll just move forward , there's plenty of material to read on Lush.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

no, it's not acceptable, unless the comment was purposefully geared towards raising a response (we have had issues with troll commenters in the past). Coco beat me to it, but you can contact me as well if there's an issue.
Thank you, too
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

no, it's not acceptable, unless the comment was purposefully geared towards raising a response (we have had issues with troll commenters in the past). Coco beat me too it, but you can contact me as well if there's an issue.

*to
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by sprite

So an author can't delete coments?
Can they block a reader from leaving comments and scores on future stories?
Internet Philosopher
0 likes
Quote by dpw

Yes. The block feature will prevent them from PMing you as well as keep them from scoring or commenting on your work
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by dpw

No, an author cannot selectively delete comments on their stories.

I believe the functionality of barring a user from commenting and scoring on your stories is bundled into the existing system of blocking a user.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Liz

No, an author cannot selectively delete comments on their stories.

I believe the functionality of barring a user from commenting and scoring on your stories is bundled into the existing system of blocking a user.

No, apparently I've been blocked but my comment was deleted. All it said was "This left me cold" hardly a hanging offence. I did send a pm with reasons why but heard nothing back.
0 likes
I've experienced this as well. A user once used some very... impolite terms for... people like me in reference to the question I posted as a comment. I removed it to avoid causing a fuss, but anymore, I almost wish I had stood up to them, just because it didn't make me feel good to have my ability to speak my mind abridged. Of course it wasn't, and I was the one who backed down, simply because I had never stepped up. That said, it's annoying, but some people are just assholes, and Lush has a few of them. Most of them get filtered out by people realizing it, but others are pretty much on the DL.

I think the closest I ever came to challenging a score on one of my stories was by responding to it myself in another comment above it. The user was polite enough to send me another message, and we discussed most amiably, I should say. I mention this because I suspect it's the furthest anybody should really go in terms of trying to find out more about a specific reader's opinion if anybody was wondering about the other side of this. It's certainly where I've chosen to draw the line, but it's also just my opinion.
Recommended Reads by TheScheherezadeFeint:
Undeniable - Erotic Poem
Disappearing Act - Love Poem
Synthetic Hours - Fantasy/Sci-fi - Eighth Place, 'Some Like It Hot' competition, January 2015
Night Work - Erotic Poem
Eating Breakfast In Glass Slippers - Straight Sex - Fifth Place, 'The Morning After The Night Before' competition, November 2014
Miracle of Night - Love Poem
The Brightest Black You've Ever Seen - Love Story - Ninth place, 'Toy With Me' competition, September 2014
Scream Fire - Erotic Poem - Audio read by MadameMolly
At First Sight (He) - Quickie Sex
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Milik_Redman

Yes. The block feature will prevent them from PMing you as well as keep them from scoring or commenting on your work

I'm the one blocked but what I would like to know is:
How can an author have my comment removed?
By whom was it removed and why?
Are you informed when your comment is removed and the reason for the removal?
Cocolicious
0 likes
Quote by dpw

I'm the one blocked but what I would like to know is:
How can an author have my comment removed?
By whom was it removed and why?
Are you informed when your comment is removed and the reason for the removal?

I believe your questions have been answered.

Quote by dpw

No, apparently I've been blocked but my comment was deleted. All it said was "This left me cold" hardly a hanging offence. I did send a pm with reasons why but heard nothing back.

If you've been blocked, your comment and score were automatically deleted as that is part of the functionality of the blocking feature.

Normally, an author cannot have a comment deleted unless it is abusive or threatening. Only top level admins and select senior level moderators have the ability to delete a story comment. No, you are not informed when a comment is removed.

It is not policy to remove comments from stories. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Coco

If you've been blocked, your comment and score were automatically deleted as that is part of the functionality of the blocking feature.

Normally, an author cannot have a comment deleted unless it is abusive or threatening. Only top level admins and select senior level moderators have the ability to delete a story comment. No, you are not informed when a comment is removed.

It is not policy to remove comments from stories. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thank you that clears it up. Obviously the author was a bit sensetive. If my score of 3 was deleted I wonder who left the 1, the 2 and the other 3?
Awesome Lady
0 likes
I had a very uncomfortable incident a couple of months ago. I had scored a 4, but left a glowing comment. I immediately got a pm "just asking why the 4 score". Now this author had posted a writing every single day for two months and I had always read, scored 5, and commented positively. So, thinking they wanted a real reason I stated back that it seemed to repeat some of the last couple of writings, but that in no way suggested that I didn't like the work. Well, I was verbally abused and told I was a disgrace. I appoligized again and said to feel free to delete me as a friend if I had caused that much upset. The reply said it had already been done. It scared me enough that I am hesitant to have anyone be able to know what I scored. Lately I commented but did not score a piece of work for just that reason. I don't know what else to do.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by elizabethblack
I had a very uncomfortable incident a couple of months ago. I had scored a 4, but left a glowing comment. I immediately got a pm "just asking why the 4 score". Now this author had posted a writing every single day for two months and I had always read, scored 5, and commented positively. So, thinking they wanted a real reason I stated back that it seemed to repeat some of the last couple of writings, but that in no way suggested that I didn't like the work. Well, I was verbally abused and told I was a disgrace. I appoligized again and said to feel free to delete me as a friend if I had caused that much upset. The reply said it had already been done. It scared me enough that I am hesitant to have anyone be able to know what I scored. Lately I commented but did not score a piece of work for just that reason. I don't know what else to do.

If someone threatens or harasses you, use the 'contact us' located under the question mark in the red Lush banner at the top of the page. We won't tolerate threats and harassment.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Well.. If you write stories yourself, it's probably a bad idea to post a comment on someone's story telling them you hated it. That's how society functions... What you give is what you get.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CliffhangingTom
Well.. If you write stories yourself, it's probably a bad idea to post a comment on someone's story telling them you hated it. That's how society functions... What you give is what you get.

This is stupid.

Maybe not use those words but telling someone you don't like their stuff isn't a bad thing.

Done constructively it's actually helpful.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HeraTeleia
I wasn't aware that an individual user's name was associated with the score given. Personally, though, I just take joy in having my story read at all. Comments and scoring are a bonus.

It's not usually something you can pick up on but some people keep a close look on the scores on their stories and every time a person votes on a story it will show up on their timeline. So if they have a run of so-called perfect 5s and then get a 4, they know who gave it.

Lush has a number of people with exceptionally fragile egos
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber