Do you prefer Red or White wine??

last reply
327 replies
26.3k views
0 watchers
3 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I totally love Red, my fav is Sterling Merlot.
0 likes
I love many types of Red wine especially a smoothe cabernet sauvignon
Lurker
0 likes
Now we are talking...I like red blends from the Northwest and it also depends on what I am eating and what I want. Red Zin for hanging out, but I love blends. White wine is fun in the heat but usually, not my groove.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love red a nice smooth Cabernet Sauvignon is my favorite but I really enjoy them all
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Red ....all the time. South African, Australian, Chile and of course Californian !
My Karma just ran over your Dogma
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I am definitely a red wine guy, Syrah, Zinfandel, Malbec, etc.
Lurker
0 likes
White....Sauvignon blanc
Chile and South Africa are both great
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Red wine for sure. I guess that a pure Shiraz is my overall favourite, line Bin 555, with a good Chateau Neuf (Granache, Mouvedre and Syrah) best for everyday drinking.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by OldGeezer
Red wine for sure. I guess that a pure Shiraz is my overall favourite, line Bin 555, with a good Chateau Neuf (Granache, Mouvedre and Syrah) best for everyday drinking.

Sigh...Love this answer. There is a vineyard Highflyer out of Napa that has a great 2009 Centerline with some of the grapes you like. Drinkable bottle right out.
Lurker
0 likes
Also there are some really good reasonable Spanish reds right now...
0 likes
While I prefer red, I do like a nice white depending on what I am having for supper.

Steak - a nice Cabernet or Zinfandel, and Rioja
Pork - Shiraz, Merlot or red blend.
Pasta - see both above including Amarone, Ripasso and Chianti
Chicken - Bordeaux, and whites including Savignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Gwertztraminer are nice.

Just a start.
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
White Wine.........Sparkling. Sweet...... Red wine gives me a bad hangover.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I tend not to drink wine by itself, except for rosé.

It will depend upon what I am eating as to which wine I drink.

I usually stick to red for meat and poultry and white with fish or salad.

Might sometimes drink white with other things.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love white wine, taste much better
Lurker
0 likes
Spanish whites are my favs right now
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Never had a decent wine from either USA or Italy. I tend to drink Southern Hemisphere wines for social drinking, red - shiraz white - chenin blanc
With a nice meal
Red - Nuits Saint Georges or Chateau Margaux.
White - Puligny Montracet or Chablis Grand Crus
Lurker
0 likes
White for the most part, I dont mind drinking Red, but not my fave. I find it too fruity.
Green Bay Packer Fan
0 likes
Sweet white wine

Lurker
0 likes
There are some Malbecs from Argentina I love and Pinots from Oregon...Red, But it is about food pairing and what I want out of my wine. Robert Parker always has great recommendations. He is(maybe not anymore) the wine critic for Wine Enthusiast not Spectator who in my opinion aren't all that good.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A 'Full Bodied Red' and/or a 'Full Bodied White'. Both enhance great company.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ah! What the hell. Lets just 'Pop the Cork' on some chilled Moet, then 'Pop Someone Else's Cork'.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It depends on the meal, I have always liked French wines and imho still hold their own against 'new world' wines. I like a red Cotes du Rhone or Bordeaux with red meat, a white or rose with white meat or fish. Chablis nicely chilled is great on a warm day in the garden (yard). But I do love wiiiine ;)
Site administrator
0 likes
White these days and French dry like a Chablis or Muscadet or Sancerre .. red is just two heavy for me although a light one again French like Beaujolais is fine.
Advanced Wordsmith
1 like
Red... Will drink white only if the meal calls for it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Red,everytime and Rouge Champagne.
Classified
0 likes
A full bodied, gutsy red.
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It depends entirely on the occasion. A bold red with beef. Pinot Noir with lamb or turkey. Dry Rose with grilled clams or Salmon. Gewurztraminer with a spicy fish. Just for sipping: A nice Cab franc in the fall or winter, or a buttery Chardonnay in Spring or summer. And for those of us who don't drink beer, an ice cold Niagara while out on the tractor cutting the grass.
Lurker
0 likes
Don't like wine...I cook with it a lot though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Don't drink but cook with a lot of red wines