Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Feelings of love during orgasm?

last reply
20 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes

Feeling love for your partner during orgasm?

8 votes remaining
Yes (5 votes) 63%
No (0 votes) 0%
No thoughts other than the pleasure of the orgasm (3 votes) 38%
What is an orgasm? (0 votes) 0%
What is thinking? (1 vote) 13%
Lurker
0 likes
hi Guys,

I've been researching for a story, trying to determine some of the thoughts that run through men's minds during an orgasm.

A common denominator in about 70% of the descriptions I've read over the internet is that at the most powerful point of the orgasm during sex or making love with a partner, some men feel the emotions of 'almost being in love' or strong feelings of love towards their partner.

Could you tell me if this is something that goes through your mind, and if not what other thoughts you have at the time?

***Ladies, I'm posting a similar question in Ask the Gals, if you wouldn't mind voting there instead of this poll***
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Personally I think there's a huge difference in "having sex" and "making love". I also think there is a difference in the emotions felt before and after orgasm to the emotion during orgasm. At the point of orgasm the brain is taken out of the equation as the need to ejaculate takes over, it's as if nothing else matters.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by dpw
Personally I think there's a huge difference in "having sex" and "making love". I also think there is a difference in the emotions felt before and after orgasm to the emotion during orgasm. At the point of orgasm the brain is taken out of the equation as the need to ejaculate takes over, it's as if nothing else matters.

What emotion would you say you feel during orgasm?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by trinket

It's very hard to put into words and some of the other guys might be able describe it better than me. My view is it's a sort of power rush, a bit like kill or be killed feeling, a mix of testosterone and adrenelin. At that point you can't analyse it and and afterwards the euphoria makes it difficult to remember. I actually think your partner has a better idea of your emotions and vice versa.
0 likes
It has definitely happened when I'm with someone I love or have a relationship with, though I'd say it's even more so after orgasm when we're having our post-coital cuddle. In fact, it may be tied as much to the intimacy as the orgasm because I've had intense feelings of love just during naked cuddles where sex didn't happen.

I have, however, had orgasms with women that were purely sex partners (e.g. "professional ladies") without much of an emotional bond and while it might make me feel strongly positive about them and the experience, it was not the same feeling of love.

There is, I believe, research suggesting that hormones released during sex/orgasm can boost men's ability to bond with their partner but I don't have any cites handy.
Site administrator
0 likes
From memory (lol) I dont recall any specific thoughts. One is just enjoying the 'moment' for want of a better term/description. If however its not great then personally I would be thinking about steak and chips or maybe tea and cookies. I cant vote since steak and chips and/or tea and cookies arent an option .. sorry.
Story Verifier
0 likes
I wouldn't be with her if I didn't feel love at some level. Even for what most would have considered casual I had to feel some love.

It just makes it so much better for me.
I am always a gentleman.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
It has definitely happened when I'm with someone I love or have a relationship with, though I'd say it's even more so after orgasm when we're having our post-coital cuddle. In fact, it may be tied as much to the intimacy as the orgasm because I've had intense feelings of love just during naked cuddles where sex didn't happen.

I have, however, had orgasms with women that were purely sex partners (e.g. "professional ladies") without much of an emotional bond and while it might make me feel strongly positive about them and the experience, it was not the same feeling of love.

There is, I believe, research suggesting that hormones released during sex/orgasm can boost men's ability to bond with their partner but I don't have any cites handy.

It's not easy is it, you know, that moment when it starts leaving your balls making its' merry way and out to freedom, it's as though you want to overwhelm them, to possess them, to own them. Then bang, a fresh set of emotions kick in. If you're in love or think you are it's a mix of gratitude, belonging, togetherness and protectiveness.
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Quote by trinket

I echo his same sentiments. And yes, it is hard to describe.

Suffice to say, however, the sex I have had, has been far better and far more intense with a person I actually have feelings for as opposed to a casual roll in the hay.

I've noticed my skin is far more sensitive. Your head gets fuzzy in a good.

All those things at the same time has only happened with one girl back in college and I'm not sure if it was quite "love" it was as close to it as possible.

It's like all the endorphins exploding like a firecracker in a closed palm. That's the best what I can describe it.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MadMartigan

I echo his same sentiments. And yes, it is hard to describe.

Suffice to say, however, the sex I have had, has been far better and far more intense with a person I actually have feelings for as opposed to a casual roll in the hay.

I've noticed my skin is far more sensitive. Your head gets fuzzy in a good.

All those things at the same time has only happened with one girl back in college and I'm not sure if it was quite "love" it was as close to it as possible.

It's like all the endorphins exploding like a firecracker in a closed palm. That's the best what I can describe it.

Those were also common denominators in the articles I read, thanks.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
I chose 'Yes', but as others said it's a little hard to describe.

As simplyjohn mentioned, I don't have any specific thoughts during an orgasm as I'm really 'in the moment' ; in fact, I could hardly find a situation where I'm more 'in the moment' than this.

I also don't really believe in the difference between "having sex" and "making love" like dpw mentioned, but that's just my personal perception of it ; to me, there's only "having sex" with different levels of love/affection implied. "Making love" sounds as if only love triggers my sexual cravings, which is a bit hypocrite to me. As much as I can love a woman, I also enjoy following my physical desires and fuck her hard and deep. Of course the experience will be a whole lot different with a woman I truly love as opposed to one I simply want to fuck, but I still don't perceive "having sex" vs "making love" as a black and white phenomenon. I should mention that the women I have sex with are generally women that I feel a certain level of affection/complicity with, so for me sex is almost never completely 'emotionless'. But that's just my pitiful romantic self speaking.

The way it is for me, is that I feel more and more affection for a lady as the whole sexual encounter progresses. First we're getting naked together, which already shows a certain mark of complicity and mutual reciprocity. Then I get to penetrate her, which just raises these mutual feelings even more. This is even true for casual sex where there's no real profound 'love' involved ; I wouldn't have casual sex with just anybody, so the lady involved will at least be a bit 'special' to me.

As I orgasm, I do feel like my affection is reaching a peak. Having an orgasm is probably the most pleasurable sensation a human being can experience, and to perceive a certain woman as the cause of this feeling surely raises my affection toward her to one could call 'momentary love'. The few moments after orgasm is achieved, I generally like to kiss/embrace my partner to express this feeling ; I also do this to 'thank her', in a way. Now it doesn't mean that this 'momentary love' will persist in time, but if the sex was any good this woman will still remain special to me. With a woman that I already deeply love, I'll perceive the orgasm as a continuation/reaffirmation of that love.

To be honest, I don't think the whole sexual process is much different for men than it is for women. Not for me at least.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy
I chose 'Yes', but as others said it's a little hard to describe.

As simplyjohn mentioned, I don't have any specific thoughts during an orgasm as I'm really 'in the moment' ; in fact, I could hardly find a situation where I'm more 'in the moment' than this.

I also don't really believe in the difference between "having sex" and "making love" like dpw mentioned, but that's just my personal perception of it ; to me, there's only "having sex" with different levels of love/affection implied. "Making love" sounds as if only love triggers my sexual cravings, which is a bit hypocrite to me. As much as I can love a woman, I also enjoy following my physical desires and fuck her hard and deep. Of course the experience will be a whole lot different with a woman I truly love as opposed to one I simply want to fuck, but I still don't perceive "having sex" vs "making love" as a black and white phenomenon. I should mention that the women I have sex with are generally women that I feel a certain level of affection/complicity with, so for me sex is almost never completely 'emotionless'. But that's just my pitiful romantic self speaking.

The way it is for me, is that I feel more and more affection for a lady as the whole sexual encounter progresses. First we're getting naked together, which already shows a certain mark of complicity and mutual reciprocity. Then I get to penetrate her, which just raises these mutual feelings even more. This is even true for casual sex where there's no real profound 'love' involved ; I wouldn't have casual sex with just anybody, so the lady involved will at least be a bit 'special' to me.

As I orgasm, I do feel like my affection is reaching a peak. Having an orgasm is probably the most pleasurable sensation a human being can experience, and to perceive a certain woman as the cause of this feeling surely raises my affection toward her to one could call 'momentary love'. The few moments after orgasm is achieved, I generally like to kiss/embrace my partner to express this feeling ; I also do this to 'thank her', in a way. Now it doesn't mean that this 'momentary love' will persist in time, but if the sex was any good the woman will still remain special to me. With a woman that I already deeply love, I'll perceive the orgasm as continuation/reaffirmation of that love.

To be honest, I don't think the whole sexual process is much different for men than it is for women. Not for me at least.

Maybe I didn't explain what I thought was the difference between "having sex" and "making love" but you did a good job for me. It's exactly how you react to the sexual craving, the emotion before and after the orgasm, the importance of your partner being satisfied. If you've "made love" you feel that you belong together, you're one unit. You feel grateful that you've been allowed to "plant your seed", share something wonderful. You feel a protection they have a part of you inside of them. All of these are post orgasm. You say you are really " in the moment" which is what I say, during the orgasm these are not the emotions, it becomes primal, purely carnal but only for that short period. I'm not even sure if I've made it worse now, it's just so difficult to put into words. All the guys know HOW it feels but to put it into words is so hard.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by dpw
Maybe I didn't explain what I thought was the difference between "having sex" and "making love" but you did a good job for me. It's exactly how you react to the sexual craving, the emotion before and after the orgasm, the importance of your partner being satisfied. If you've "made love" you feel that you belong together, you're one unit. You feel grateful that you've been allowed to "plant your seed", share something wonderful. You feel a protection they have a part of you inside of them. All of these are post orgasm. You say you are really " in the moment" which is what I say, during the orgasm these are not the emotions, it becomes primal, purely carnal but only for that short period. I'm not even sure if I've made it worse now, it's just so difficult to put into words. All the guys know HOW it feels but to put it into words is so hard.

I get your point of view, but I'm not sure we share exactly the same opinion. Unless I "make love" every time I "have sex".

All those things you mention concerning "making love" I pretty much experience them during casual sex too, to some degree : belonging together (though only for a brief period), feeling grateful, sharing something wonderful, caring about my partner being satisfied, etc. I'd even say I sometimes offer the girl special treatment here and there, both before and after the sex : making her feel special to me, sending a few compliments her way, sharing intimate discussions, cuddling, etc. That's if they're up to it, which most women are if it's not awkwardly forced.

I actually have to be careful and make sure the girl understands this is only 'casual' for me. This works both ways. First, I try not to portray the image of a man who's seeking something more than a casual adventure, as this can be way off-putting for ladies who only want a casual adventure themselves and don't want to form any attachment. Second, I don't want the girls to believe that I'm actually in love and would want to spend the rest of my life with them. By the time I sleep with them, most already figured out I'm the 'romantic type' anyway, and kinda expect the sex to be a bit romantic too. I mean, I think I'm even romantic when I take my trash out. I also personally enjoy all that 'shit' very much ; it's all very natural and sincere for me. I don't think it's any cheesy either (or so I've been told).

Now I know sex without much emotion is totally possible, but this is not a preference for me. I'm also aware that many people get a kick from this kind of sex, as it might make them feel 'sexually liberated' and 'nasty'. In a way, often times it almost seems like they're forcing the sex to be emotionless ; nothing wrong with it really, but it's not for me. Such sex happened to me when I was much younger and some male friends encouraged me to believe that "fucking without emotion" was the way to go, but I try to avoid it nowadays. I just think sex is boring when there isn't much complicity with your partner ; the sex I have is very much 'liberated' and 'nasty' too anyway. Why would I fuck just a pussy, when I can fuck a whole beautiful, interesting and lovely lady? Plus, I don't want to relive the negative experiences of sharing my bed and waking up with an annoying girl that I just want to kick out of my apartment.

And I also have all these emotions during orgasm too, though not really on a conscious level. It's very primal/carnal like you say, but it's still 'love' to me. With girlfriends I really loved, it wasn't rare for me to whisper to their ear "I fucking love you" as I was shooting my load inside their pussy. I also enjoy holding other 'casual girls' very tightly and kissing them as I cum.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

I mean, I think I'm even romantic when I take my trash out.

Best line I've read in ages here!!

SP .... I have some trash here that needs taking out .... *swoon ....
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by PersonalAssistant

Best line I've read in ages here!!

SP .... I have some trash here that needs taking out .... *swoon ....

Well, my trash is generally full of condoms, cum filled tissues and ripped panties. It's heartbreaking to let such wonderful memories go to waste.

Awwww... trash bags (sigh).

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SereneProdigy

I get your point of view, but I'm not sure we share exactly the same opinion. Unless I "make love" every time I "have sex".

All those things you mention concercing "making love" I pretty much experience them during casual sex too, to some degree : belonging together (though only for a brief period), feeling grateful, sharing something wonderful, caring about my partner being satisfied, etc. I'd even say I sometimes offer the girl special treatment here and there, both before and after the sex : making her feel special to me, sending a few compliments her way, sharing intimate discussions, cuddling, etc. That's if they're up to it, which most women are if it's not awkwardly forced.

I actually have to be careful and make sure the girl understands this is only 'casual' for me. This works both ways. First, I try not to portray the image of a man who's seeking something more than a casual adventure, as this can be way off-putting for ladies who only want a casual adventure themselves and don't want to form any attachment. Second, I don't want the girls to believe that I'm actually in love and would want to spend the rest of my life with them. By the time I sleep with them, most already figured out I'm the 'romantic type' anyway, and kinda expect the sex to be a bit romantic too. I mean, I think I'm even romantic when I take my trash out. I also personally enjoy all that 'shit' very much ; it's all very natural and sincere for me. I don't think it's any cheesy either (or so I've been told).

Now I know sex without much emotion is totally possible, but this is not a preference for me. I'm also aware that many people get a kick from this kind of sex, as it might make them feel 'sexually liberated' and 'nasty'. In a way, often times it almost seems like they're forcing the sex to be emotionless ; nothing wrong with it really, but it's not for me. Such sex happened to me when I was much younger and some male friends encouraged me to believe that "fucking without emotion" was the way to go, but I try to avoid it nowadays. I just think sex is boring when there's not much complicity with your partner ; the sex I have is very much 'liberated' and 'nasty' too anyway. Why would I fuck just a pussy, when I can fuck a whole beautiful, interesting and lovely lady? Plus, I don't want to relive the negative experiences of sharing my bed and waking up with an annoying girl that I just want to kick out of my apartment.

And I also have all these emotions during orgasm too, though not really on a conscious level. It's very primal/carnal like you say, but it's still love to me. With girlfriends I really loved, it wasn't rare for me to whisper to their ear "I fucking love you" as I was shooting my load inside their pussy. I also enjoy holding other 'casual' girls very tightly and kissing them as I cum.

I've just read your profile and can't believe you're still single, you must be every straight woman's dream. A true romantic with a hint of kink.
From your answer, no, you never "have sex", you always "make love". That must be a really nice feeling.
You also want honesty, so here goes, don't judge, our worlds are poles apart. I have "had sex" and lots of it, in fact I can't even recall a lot of it. I'm a gay man that can remember when you could be sent to prison for being gay. Sex was anonymous, that's how it was back then, we didn't have the luxury of love or romance. I suppose I became conditioned, like Pavlov's dog. This fucked up relationships for me later in life but that's a different story. All the casual sex was totally emotionless, mostly I didn't know, or even want to know, their name, it was simply a means to an end. So yes there's a world of difference between "having sex" and "making love" you're just lucky that you didn't have to experience it.
This has nothing to do with the thread but you music choice is me in the 70's if you added Sabbath and Steppenwolf. Lol
Lurker
0 likes
really interesting question trinket.

For me, the feelings of love that occur during sex are more intense just before orgasm and again just afterwards, and they manifest themselves differently. Before orgasm, the feelings are so much about how incredible this woman makes me feel and how much I love being physical with her - it's all about those moments of anticipation where the mind is fully engaged about what is approaching, and the feelings of love at this point tend to be much more focused on love for the physical feelings of sex, love of her physical beauty, and love for the physical appearance of sexiness that she exhibits.

The feelings of love after orgasm are far more tender, emotional and "deep to the core" feelings of love. Incredibly intense, but in a far different way than the pre-orgasm feelings of love. Additionally, this is the moment where you can really assess the depth of your love for your partner - it's easy to feel some level of love leading up to an orgasm, but real feelings of deep love are those that persist immediately afterwards.

As far as feeling love during orgasm - I don't think that is the feeling at all. During orgasm, the feelings are far more basic and centered intensely on pure physical pleasure for myself and for her. It's not that the aura of love disappears, but more that my feelings of physical pleasure and desire to blow her mind both combine to supress any thoughts of love for those moments.

One of the most interesting questions I have seen in this forum!
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
Quote by dpw

I've just read your profile and can't believe you're still single, you must be every straight woman's dream. A true romantic with a hint of kink.
From your answer, no, you never "have sex", you always "make love". That must be a really nice feeling.
You also want honesty, so here goes, don't judge, our worlds are poles apart. I have "had sex" and lots of it, in fact I can't even recall a lot of it. I'm a gay man that can remember when you could be sent to prison for being gay. Sex was anonymous, that's how it was back then, we didn't have the luxury of love or romance. I suppose I became conditioned, like Pavlov's dog. This fucked up relationships for me later in life but that's a different story. All the casual sex was totally emotionless, mostly I didn't know, or even want to know, their name, it was simply a means to an end. So yes there's a world of difference between "having sex" and "making love" you're just lucky that you didn't have to experience it.
This has nothing to do with the thread but you music choice is me in the 70's if you added Sabbath and Steppenwolf. Lol

I think we're getting a bit off topic here (I already was with my previous posts), but there's more to me than just being a romantic. I have my flaws, don't worry. Plus, romanticism is not really the dominant trend with girls of my age ; a lot just want a quick release. Maybe it's simply because romanticism is only rarely offered to them by men.

All those things I mentioned might sound really fancy on paper (hence why I called it 'shit'), but really it's just about having at least a bit of admiration/affection for the ladies I'm fucking. Some were just friendly acquaintances, nothing astral or transcendental there. It's strange to me at times that these days simply caring for someone else is perceived as such a grandiose act.

And I don't judge your sexual life at all ; to each his own. I actually believe that in this day and age, being a romantic is a way greater stigma than the sex you described.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
None of the answers in the poll are good fits. Yes, strong feelings but not ones I would describe as loving, passionate but lacking in tenderness.
Lurker
0 likes
I would have picked two

Yes
and
Thinking?

As others have stated, there has to be some measure of, if not love then at least friendship, for it to be truly an enjoyable time.

Stating that, my most intense experiences have been with someone that I'm extremely close to, someone I love on one level or another.

The build up, the exploring each other with hands and lips and the joining are all intensified by those feelings. At the moment of orgasm, however, my brain pretty much shuts off as the pleasure becomes all encompassing. The after-glow; relaxing, soft kisses and the feather touches of my lovers hands re-intensify the feelings that lead up to that.

So, the act of making love itself as a whole brings us closer in our hearts - the orgasm itself is an empty minded state where pleasure is all and nothing else exists.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Well i am not sure if there are always feelings of love during an orgasm. Lets be honest here sometimes a fuck is just a fuck... I do agree with Jason about it being a more intense experience with someone you are close to, just because it is actually making love so you care more about each other. If i had to describe my personal experience it is either a feeling of becoming closer if you are making love or just relaxing and becoming oblivious if it is a fuck...