Login

Polyamory

last reply
2 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is polyamory becoming more accepted? And what are your thoughts? Could you ever see yourself in a relationship and living with more then one person? Would it be a total accident or would it be something you actively looked for?
Lurker
0 likes
I don't think it is being more accepted, it is becoming more openly talked about though.

I believe that it is possible to be in love with more than one person and that it would be great to have that much love in ones life. In the same way we can love multiple children, we can love multiple lovers. It doesn't mean you would have to love one more than the other, or that the second not as much, or that you love your first less because there is now a second. The heart is ever growing, you create more love, there isn't a certain supplied amount!

I could have seen myself in a situation like this if I didn't already have children at home. Then again if this second lover was the real thing I could introduce the thought. Because it is not widely accepted or considered "the norm" I wouldn't want to put that extra stress on my children of having to explain why they have a tri-pod of parents. It is conflicting because at the same time I would want to teach them acceptance and that it is important to follow their hearts, which I would be doing the opposite and being untrue with myself.

I am not actively looking because I am in a monogamous marriage, so it would be by accident of course. I would never shut out the idea though and never know what the future my hold.

Cheers
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I agree with Jessica in that it's not becoming more accepted, it's just talked about more. With reality shows like Sister Wives around, the conversation is just getting started.

But it's never something I could be into. And it's definitely not a situation I'd want to be involved in. You're at risk for twice the heartbreak...or perhaps more. That's twice (or more) the commitment. And how do you divide yourself and your love between these people? Someone's going to get the short end of the stick...so it becomes less about love and commitment and more about convenience.

I've said this before elsewhere, but I don't love easily...and I love too hard to offer that to more than one person at a time.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░