Terrible Weather

last reply
57 replies
3.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
We are in the midst of an ice storm. Power going out in various places. I have downed tree's in my back yard, and my satelite wont work (argh!). Bored out of my mind and no way out!! Hope you all are enjoying much better weather!
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
Pixie I live in Connecticut and we are supposed to be getting the same storm not looking forward to it. We are going to start as snow then go to ice and freezing rain. Oh Gooddie!. This has been one of the crappiest coldest winters we have had in a number of years. I am so ready for hot weather can't wait to wear shorts and go riding again.

Hope it clears up for ya. Good luck
Mr Nobody
0 likes
Best day for weeks here ..currently 78f
Lurker
0 likes
Well I certainly won't rub in the nice weather here, but wish those of you dealing with this awful storm good luck and hope you come through it unscathed.
Lurker
0 likes
Well Merry and DBarclay at the moment here in Connecticut it's 26 outright now not all that bad today. Kind of nice before the storm. I don't mind the cold like this I hate sub zero cold with the wind. It's not supposed to be too bad of a storm about 6 inches. But that's still too much for my taste. LOL
Mr Nobody
0 likes
Quote by MerryAnita
Well I certainly won't rub in the nice weather here, but wish those of you dealing with this awful storm good luck and hope you come through it unscathed.

Merry ..tell the truth ...do we care about their cold ... NOPE
Lurker
0 likes
Well DB, I certainly wouldn't like to know any important parts froze off. And I definitely wouldn't mind keeping some people warm, sometimes cold weather can be an advantage if you get my drift.
Matriarch
0 likes
Just about perfect in Sydney today:

MIN
21°C

MAX
28°C

I think I'll take a dip in the ocean after work today, might sneak out a bit early to take advantage of summer finally hitting.
Lush Legend
0 likes
Well over here in Chicago its 17 C and tomorrow there is a high of 19 C....yay!!!!.........

I hope everything is well Pix.....
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by DBarclay
Quote by MerryAnita

DB careful or all of us living up north are going to call the snow gods on you. LOL
Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by bikebum1975
Quote by DBarclay
Quote by MerryAnita

DB careful or all of us living up north are going to call the snow gods on you. LOL

Floridians...............>[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/CAP121/Emoticons/Seasons/Winter/blizzard_4.gif[/IMG]

heh heh!

Lurker
0 likes
Zafia I have an Aunt down there I keep wishing for them to get snow every year She calls every time it snows tells us how nice and warm it is down there.
Lurker
0 likes
I hope you guys stay safe and don't go out in those conditions. We're not getting that here, I don't believe, but our time will come with two months left yet.

My girl Tech is sick in bed and I wish I could be there to hold her and get her through it.

No satellite? Awful!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My kid made it home - she had to drive through it.
Lucky she was on the northside of the storm - mostly snow.

Sorry to hear about Tech - wish her well from Bat.
Tell her we miss her.

Bat
Lurker
0 likes
This one is for all us Notherners that don't like winter Cheers!

Snow Snow
Go away
Don't come back
another day

Oh what the fuck
How I wish
I had a truck
Put on my
hat and gloves

Back out to
shovel this
shit I do not love

Yes pretty
on the
ground and tree
Still some of us
Wish you would leave

Wishing for
warm days past
So we no longer
Have to
Freeze our ass
Matriarch
0 likes
You don't look so well DB. I think I like your bum better than your face.
Lurker
0 likes
My sentiments exactly, Bum. I keep telling myself, "Only two more months..."

Glad your daughter made it home ok, Bat. Does she have all-season tires?
Mr Nobody
0 likes
Quote by nicola
You don't look so well DB. I think I like your bum better than your face.

I was a bit tired the week that was taken ....
Sassy Red-haired Beach Kat/Dune Goddess
0 likes
Quote by Batman
My kid made it home - she had to drive through it.
Lucky she was on the northside of the storm - mostly snow.

Sorry to hear about Tech - wish her well from Bat.
Tell her we miss her.

Bat

Thanks Bat. Had to take my son to a doctor appointment this afternoon in the "lovely" snowy conditions, feeling like crap myself. Ended up being an all day affair practically since it took over an hour to get there and we were made to wait 2 hours to see the doctor :-( Then another hour home. The outcome of the appt? We needed to schedule another test in March. Grrr...couldn't they have just called us?

Headed to sit by the fireplace...curl up with a tissue box, a blanket, and whichever cat will sit still! LOL

Please enjoy my current story competition entry:

Alisha Unleashed

Book Four in the Mac and Grace Saga begins:

Boardrooms & Boudoirs

And the latest micros:

Sheer Perfection & Still Fuckin’ Hot

Fireworks & Bliss

Lurker
0 likes
DB, that is a terrible Av. Yuck!
I am so glad the ice is finally melting. My poor dog busted her ass several times and I almost did a few myself. It's been 17 years since I've gone through this shit and I hate it!! LOL
Lush Legend
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
DB, that is a terrible Av. Yuck!
I am so glad the ice is finally melting. My poor dog busted her ass several times and I almost did a few myself. It's been 17 years since I've gone through this shit and I hate it!! LOL

Aww your poor doggie.......Yeah this is the first time that we were not affected by a storm like that...THANK GOD....we have had enough weather problems already.....lol
Lurker
0 likes
That makes me more than ready to head back to the sunshine state. Brrr
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
PIXIE - you there. Hello Pix.

Someone get her a Nipco.

Bat
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
That makes me more than ready to head back to the sunshine state. Brrr

Well come on back the weather is great.
Lurker
0 likes
Be there in a couple of months.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Didn't realise so many of you guys and gals where from America. Me near Manchester England its been minus 2 today and it's been snowing walked to Tesco's brrrrrrrrrrrrrr so cold that wind, apparently more snow is on it's way great haha.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by SweetHoney000
Didn't realise so many of you guys and gals where from America. Me near Manchester England its been minus 2 today and it's been snowing walked to Tesco's brrrrrrrrrrrrrr so cold that wind, apparently more snow is on it's way great haha.

Welcome sweethoney

You're right, the site has a majority of US members, but there are quite a few brits on here too, myself included . I'm not sure I count though, I've been in Sydney for over 13 years.

Just right here today weather wise:

Sydney Now: 27°C Max: 28°C
Mr Nobody
0 likes
Quote by SweetHoney000

I may live in the warmth....but I would like to be able to go to Tesco's
and buy food, bread than is not full of sugar, butter than has a taste, and cheese that is not processed.
and get Branston and Picallili whenever I want it ...