Dreaming the story

last reply
5 replies
1.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've just started writing my first story, I didn't realize how difficult it was! Anyway, the story has been going through mind for a while and especially at night. During that time between turning out the light and falling asleep I run through scenes, not usually in sequence with the storyline. Then I often dream about differing scenarios but when I wake up I can't always remember them, I can usually recall bits but that annoys me even more. Does anybody else have this problem and any solutions?
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah I always run through some scenarios in my mind after turning off the lights as well, but I never dream about my stories (I wish silly)
But I've found that time before going to sleep, the half-asleep stage, a time of great creativity, just that I'm too lazy to get up and note them down and later on completely forget about what I had in my mind which is quite frustrating.
0 likes
Can't say I've ever dreamt about a story in progress, but snippets of erotic dreams have inspired or made their way into my stories.
Lurker
0 likes
Never has happened to me but I wouldn't mind if it did ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
DPW, I've "dreamed" a few of My stories. I have went to bed and had a dream or a stream of thought about what I think would make a good story. The only thing I can tell you is to "develop" it in your mind and go over it several times until you can either get up and jot down the highlights or morning comes!

I've had more than one night I woke up with a great story idea and had to run downstairs to jot some things down before I lost it! Creativity doesn't care about time... and I hate it when I can't get My mind to shut down at night! I've laid awake all night going over and over a story idea in My head...
Mazztastic
0 likes
Quote by dpw
I've just started writing my first story, I didn't realize how difficult it was! Anyway, the story has been going through mind for a while and especially at night. During that time between turning out the light and falling asleep I run through scenes, not usually in sequence with the storyline. Then I often dream about differing scenarios but when I wake up I can't always remember them, I can usually recall bits but that annoys me even more. Does anybody else have this problem and any solutions?

This happens to me too, often...

I installed googledrive on my phone, so if I have a particularly good idea, I just open it up and tap in any key words to remind me next day - that way I can get back to sleep and not worry that I'll lose the idea...