mixed signals

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A male friend I have a crush on has given me some weird signals lately

on the one side, he has outright told me (on multiple occasions) that he is not into me, i'm just a friend. and he's done this recently (yesterday)

But the other side is the body language. really long tight hugs, hand in my hair, kissing the top of my head and had a slight accidently boob graze while tickling me.

So WTF?!

Is it me being a crazy crush or is he giving me really mixed messages on what he wants?
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Is he an introverted person, shy or a guy that has a hard time asking girls out? He doesn't know you have a crush on him and he may have a crush on you but is worried that you may reject him since you are just friends. He doesn't want to lose your friendship because he likes you.

Or...

He really does view you as a friend and has an attention seeking flirty nature and those physical gestures really mean nothing beyond wanting a little attention from you in the moment.

EDIT: shit, this is ask the gals... Seemed like a question for the guys... my bad.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
If he's outright told you that he's not into you, then he's not into you.

Maybe he enjoys playing with you this way because he knows he can. Some guys are really touchy-feely, so maybe he feels comfortable enough being so hands-on with you because he knows you'll allow it. I know this makes it extra confusing for you because you're into him. In some cases, some of us make the mistake of reading too much into every single gesture because we want that spark to be there. However, this isn't the issue in your case.

If you're into him and he's admittedly not into you, the best thing you can do is distance yourself from him or set some boundaries and take some time to let these feelings subside. The last thing you need is to play cuddly, tickly, top-of-the-head kissy games with a guy you're into but has repeatedly told you that he's not into you.

And I have to ask, does he know you're into him? Because if he does, then he's just being really cruel.

Also, he may not be into you relationshipwise, but perhaps he's physically attracted to you...and may be interested in having sex with you. If you're into that, you may very well have yourself a fuck buddy.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012

Also, he may not be into you relationshipwise, but perhaps he's physically attracted to you...and may be interested in having sex with you. If you're into that, you may very well have yourself a fuck buddy.

That's what I was thinking too.

I'd also have to ask the OP how/why he's said on multiple occasions that he's not into you. The context is important. Have you told him your feelings and then he's explained that he's not into it after that or is he just randomly volunteering this info as part of general conversation.

If he knows you're into him, he might just be doing it to be sweet (and conceited) - knowing that you're crushing on him and knowing that kind of thing might make your day or cheer you up etc. Then he can still hide behind his "I'm not into you" but still be free to be platonically affectionate.

But as SWW said, it could be that he's not "into you" as in relationship/emotions but he'd definitely be into hooking up as a strictly physical fuckbuddy situation. He might assume that since you know where he stands based on the 'I'm not into you' statements that if you reciprocate with the affection it means that you'd be game for a little no strings attached fun.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
The three above posters worded my thoughts exactly as I would have worded them. SWW was particularly dead on. To all that's been said previously :