Guidelines for images posted with stories

last reply
25 replies
7.4k views
3 watchers
12 likes
Sophisticate
3 likes
The rules for cover images at the top of stories are the same as those for avatars. No hardcore shots, closeups of genitals, or photos depicting insertion are permitted. This list is not exhaustive. Moderators retain the right to remove images deemed unsuitable for this site.

If a story can be approved but the image is not permitted, the story moderator will remove the image, approve the story, and send a note to the author to let them know their image wasn't suitable.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I’ve seen some stories that have images included in the text portion of the story. I did paste a photo into my story. It showed up, but after saving it and then going back it didn’t show up. There was a box where I input the photo but it was now empty. Did I post a jpg that was too large? Can you help me understand how to include a photo within my story. Thank you.
Chatterbox Blonde- Rumps Mystical Bartender
1 like
Daft little question, can we add an image to a published work without it needing to be re-verified?
Whatever was posted is always meant in love and respect never to offend.
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

I've been listening to my kinky pencil here's my current work

My current Competition entry is here
A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Quote by Twisted_Skald
Daft little question, can we add an image to a published work without it needing to be re-verified?

Nope. You can add one by all means, we just need to re-verify it in case it contravenes our story cover guidelines.

If you mention you've only changed/added the cover in the Moderator Notes box, we can just check the image and verify it straight away. Much faster than checking an entire story, depending on the length of the queue of course, as your entry will bubble its way up as we process them.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 101 stories, nine micro-stories, and two poems with the following features:

* 25 Editor's Picks, 69 Recommended Reads.
* 14 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 20 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

0 likes
You are a total star, may the stars always shine on you!
I'm also highly likely to have posted this from a phone so there may be typos or odd word changes, auto correct can be a pain.

A Cure For Stagefright

I put a little banner in here, it might change. I'm still messing about with it.
1 like
Oops double post

A Cure For Stagefright

Rookie Scribe
1 like

LushStories is full of ads that show explicit pictures, (the last one I saw was a naked ass twerking in my face) yet you do not allow an explicit picture with a story. Give me a break!

Active Ink Slinger
1 like

Fuck it... Weeks go by with promises of better tools for writers and nothing happens. You can add photos to replies but not stories. Hell, replies have tools as good as stories.

I get messages from followers saying they no longer get notices when I FINALLY (after 2 to 3 WEEKS of waiting for a moderator to post it) get a new story posted.

Face it! This site which advertises to and for writers is nothing but a chat room now.

Why the hell would anyone want to spend money to upgrade on a crap site now?

0 likes

The tools for writers have been improved, however there is much more to come smile.

The moderators all volunteer their time, and there is also the system then that Gold members and competition stories will be prioritised.

You can see an update on the tech side here.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I don't want to be pedantic, but what does "photos depicting insertion" mean?

Is this cover from two years ago no longer allowed?

If it is allowed, is it because it doesn't "depict insertion" (although it certainly implies it)?

Or maybe because it isn't a photo of real people but a constructed image?

I'm considering doing something similar and don't want to spend the time if it's no longer acceptable.

Charming as fuck
0 likes

Quote by Trousseau

If it is allowed, is it because it doesn't "depict insertion" (although it certainly implies it)?

I'm considering doing something similar and don't want to spend the time if it's no longer acceptable.

No, that's fine. We just don't want anything too graphic or hardcore.

Voyeur @ f/64
2 likes

Quote by Trousseau

Keep in mind that the story image format has substantially changed in Lush2. It is now only portrait mode. Images are to be sized to 512 x 800 pixels, but will actually be rendered at half that on screen. They will also be compressed by about 85%, so a very simple, high contrast image is recommended. Even with that, they may show up quite blurry, making type hard to read unless large and bold.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by kistinspencil

Keep in mind that the story image format has substantially changed in Lush2. It is now only portrait mode. Images are to be sized to 512 x 800 pixels, but will actually be rendered at half that on screen. They will also be compressed by about 85%, so a very simple, high contrast image is recommended. Even with that, they may show up quite blurry, making type hard to read unless large and bold.

I know. I lament those format changes but was going to try anyhow. The Profile Photos FAQ has similar language but says "something that you'd see in a newspaper"--do they mean The Times or The Post?😉

Smut-slinging slut
1 like

The Enquirer?

Am I a good witch, or a bad witch? History will decide
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Just discovered something relating to this thread: Unlike old LS, cover images are no longer accessed from your media, so you do not need to upload them first. Uploading images to your media takes a long time for some reason.

But adding (uploading) a cover image to a story you're editing happens immediately.

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes

Quote by Trousseau

Just discovered something relating to this thread: Unlike old LS, cover images are no longer accessed from your media, so you do not need to upload them first. Uploading images to your media takes a long time for some reason.

But adding (uploading) a cover image to a story you're editing happens immediately.

If you are lucky. Mine took 15 minutes the last time. By then, I had been logged out and had to start over. It eventually worked.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

When I add a cover image, I can't submit the story. If I remove the image it submits just fine. I have double checked the size and even made it smaller. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Testing The Waters.
1 like

Quote by BadDog9

When I add a cover image, I can't submit the story. If I remove the image it submits just fine. I have double checked the size and even made it smaller. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

By "Can't Submit" do you mean that after you click the submit button, it just sits with the progress spinner and never progresses to the preview screen? If that's the case and you have slow internet, you might wait a little longer, because it takes a while for a story with an attached image to upload even on reasonably quick internet speeds.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by principessa
The rules for cover images at the top of stories are the same as those for avatars. No hardcore shots, closeups of genitals, or photos depicting insertion are permitted.

May I include an image which includes a stylised line drawing of female genitalia?

GrushaVashnadze's best stories:

Alison Goes to London (RR) - "love this... fun, and funny, and sexy" (sprite)

The Cursed Cunt (RR) - "holyyyyy sheeeiiit.... Your writing is fucking fantastic" (CarltonStJames)

A Worthless Filthy Fucking Smoking Trash Cunt Whore (RR) - "Brilliantly done. Of course." (naughtyannie)

Snow White and the Seven Dildos (RR) - "Fuck. It's perfect.... honestly genius and so fucking well executed." (VioletVixen)

Metamorphoses (RR) - "so imaginative and entertaining" (saucymh)

And There Came Two Angels to Sodom - "What a deliciously worded story! So juicy, so raunchy" (el_henke)

Fuck-Talk (with VioletVixen) - "Jeez. I feel rendered wordless by how much clever fucking fun this is" (Jaymal)

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

"You can see an update on the tech side here."

This link shows page not found for me?

Charming as fuck
0 likes

Quote by GrushaVashnadze

May I include an image which includes a stylised line drawing of female genitalia?

Feel free to send me a PM with it and I'll canvas opinions x

Charming as fuck
1 like

Quote by pinkysurprise

"You can see an update on the tech side here."

This link shows page not found for me?

That's a really old link - not active anymore. Anything new will be announced in the site announcement forum smile