Christmas Day - what will you be doing?

last reply
82 replies
6.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Site administrator
0 likes
Christmas Day is just four weeks away. Well what will you be doing?

Perhaps it will be what I would call a traditional family affair perhaps at home with just your immediate or extended family. Maybe you have to work. Perhaps you do something very different or even very very different! Perhaps for a variety of reasons you do not celebrate the day.

Perhaps if you have to work on the 25th do you celebrate it on a different day rather than write if off?

Well for my part I will for the eighth consecutive year running be volunteering at a local ‘day centre’ which cooks a traditional Christmas lunch for around 80 people, plus the volunteers, mostly elderly who would otherwise be on their own that day. Its very rewarding and then guess what (for those that know me a little) I get home around 5:30pm and have steak and chips for my dinner and of course some time on here.
Lurker
0 likes
Our Christmas

First thing my my girlfriend Jenna and I will make love - the best way to start the day. Then shower together and dress each other. My mum and dad will both be up early so we shall then go down and greet them. My brother will also come down about the same time and if not then we will go and wake him up like the excited kiddies we are.

We will have breakfast and two cups of tea before settling down together to open our presents. Jenna and I will then help mum cook the main Christmas dinner while my dad and brother have a drink together - us three ladies will have a bottle of cheap and fun Lambrini sparkling wine while we prepare the food.

Between 11-30 and midday Jenna's parents, my grandparents and our friends Michael and Donna will arrive to spend the day with us. Christmas dinner will be at 1:30 pm followed by dessert, then Christmas choccies throughout the afternoon. Christmas tv will also accompany us throughout the day.

All of us girls (apart from nan who will be ordered to rest) will prepare the evening tea which will be followed by more dessert, more choccies and copious amounts of alcohol but not going silly. 7pm will see the handing out of the tree presents. More Christmas TV before people start leaving around 10:30 and 11pm.

Christmas day will then end just as beautifully as it started with Jenna and I giving ourselves to one another.........

Oh how I wish it was Christmas day tomorrow.......

Happy Christmas all you beautiful Lush and lovely people.

Love Lucy xxxxxx(.)(.)xxxxxx
Head Nurse
0 likes
Same as every other holiday: working.
Nerdzilla
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse
Same as every other holiday: working.

Lame! (No idea what I'm doing for christmas) lol
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Watching the dog tear the shit out of all the boxes and wrapping paper
Lurker
0 likes
Sitting at home on my own ,same as last year .
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by Delphi

Lame! (No idea what I'm doing for christmas) lol

I know what you're having for dinner though ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
seeing as am a jew i will be going 2 the movies!
FINISH THE FIGHT!
Lurker
0 likes
I always go out on Christmas and catch a movie or something. Everything's always less busy then
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Giving and way the farm as they say and gets lots of love in return. That's just the way I like it.
Lurker
0 likes
Don't just hope that the day will be special for you........

Make it special for you
Lurker
0 likes
Going back East to visit family.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This year will be slightly different for me. Instead of driving the 12hrs to be with family, we are taking the kids camping at the beach, so I'm guessing a picnic on the sand playing with the new surf boards and surf skis. Followed by an open fire and toasting marshmallows. Not our traditional Xmas day but I think one to remember
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Spending time with loved ones.
Mazztastic
0 likes
I'm spending the day at my old house, with my ex and the kids... Last Christmas together, so may be bittersweet, but hopefully will just be fun...
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Naughtygrl73
This year will be slightly different for me. Instead of driving the 12hrs to be with family, we are taking the kids camping at the beach, so I'm guessing a picnic on the sand playing with the new surf boards and surf skis. Followed by an open fire and toasting marshmallows. Not our traditional Xmas day but I think one to remember

Rub it in why don't you! Bitch...

L xx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Christmas eve is bigger in our house, with our eldest being born that day.

on the day, it will start with the kids opening the prezzies, watching tv, and me making the dinner while the kids play and no doubt argue over the new (as kids do).
grandparents pop over making their wishes, and calls to others who we won't see. we may even take a walk down to the park with the dog. then after dinner, we'll watch the Christmas special's, watch the kids crash out on the couch.
then my partner can unwrap his gift, hehe. o and yes wine, drinking of the wine.
Lurker
0 likes
Just another day in paradise, plus a few really cool new toys to lay around the house... the husband will be working and I will be entertaining the kiddos with activities, treats, and new toys!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Rub it in why don't you! Bitch...

L xx

You can come toast my marshmallow any time you wish

Lol I can't believe I just said that!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Coco
Skiing. I've tried unsuccessfully to get out of the trip. I'd much prefer to be on a beach somewhere.

Come join Liz and I
We're toasting each other's marshmallows
Lurker
0 likes
Will start out with midnight service at church and then dinner will be at my sisters with whole family...
Nerdzilla
0 likes
Quote by Naughtygrl73

This sounds wonderful. Have fun, babe.
Lurker
0 likes
Opening gifts, hanging with family, ritual sacrifice, bit of alcohol, go to bed happy.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
We open presents in the morning.

I make a special Christmas breckfast.

Make a holiday dinner for all of us.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
On Christmas Eve I always have to spend it with my dads side of the family. On Christmas my parents and my sister wake up early and drive out to my oldest sisters house. It takes a couple hours and then we have Christmas dinner, opening presents and watching movies.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's the kids turn to be with their Dad this year. Aunt Julie is trekking in Morocco with her latest gentleman friend as she calls them, so i'll be alone on the day.
Is there anything sadder than xmas dinner for one with a cracker that won't get pulled (no pun intended)
I think i'll take up Johns idea and volunteer at a homeless hostel, then meet on here later.