You've GOT to be kidding Me!

last reply
40 replies
3.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A first grader is suspended for "sexual harassment" for being a gentleman and kissing a girl on the hand!

Link Here:

It just doesn't pay to be a gentleman anymore!
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, unfortunately the current trend of zero-tolerance for anything is raising a crop of people who will be afraid to make any type of gesture for fear of retribution. The days of treating others with respect are being replaced by doing all they can to stay clear and not possibly offend. Sad really as it will result in repressed feelings and internalization of self-incrimination.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
The article says that this kid has kissed the girl before and was told not to. If the little girl doesn't want to be touched or kissed by little Hunter than she shouldn't have to go to school and then have to just brush it aside when this kid kisses her again when she doesn't want to be kissed and the boy has been told not to. It is harassment. He is old enough to know that when an adult tells you not to do something, don't do it.

Teach boys not to girls instead of teaching girls not to get .

Yeah I know that he didn't her but that kid knew that he wasn't supposed to kiss her. What does it teach this girl and boy if after being warned not to do something that makes someone uncomfortable sexually? That there are no repercussions?

The girl doesn't want to be kissed. He kisses her anyway and she sees nothing is done about it? Gee, she will think she's all alone and that she is wrong. She grows up and a kiss becomes a grope and a grope becomes penetration. But she has been taught to not say anything because she is overreacting.. It's just a kiss, it's just a grope. No one is going to help her anyway so why would she seek help to stop it? It would only embarrass her further.

The boy learns that okay, they told me not to kiss but I will anyway. So he does, nothing is done about it and he then learns, gee, it's okay to invade a girl's space and do whatever I want, big deal? As he gets older and his thoughts turn from kissing to other things, guess what he is going to do?

That is how culture is created.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Having just watched the video, I do think that calling it sexual harassment is far too strong and I don't think that it's right that the child should have "sexual harassment" on his record - how long will that stay there?

Surely at 6 years old, his motivation for doing this was not from a sexual standpoint, so it cannot really be defined as sexual harassment? Certainly from what his mother says, that doesn't seem to be the case, given that she says that he is now asking questions about sex.

To actually go as far as suspending the kid seems like a huge overreaction and I wonder what the effects of singling him out will have on him?

MF's comments, while also a bit strong (IMO) do raise serious points. I agree that the whole culture thing can only be changed by teaching from a young age what is and is not acceptable. Children, male and female, ought to be taught about boundaries, what is and is not okay, respect for other people's needs, wants and feelings etc etc.

The video said that the boy had been suspended before for kissing this same girl. Kids do shit like that, when I was young (yeah, back when the world was still in black and white, before technicolour hahah), they might have pulled your pigtails, or shoved you or something... That's just the way things were. School is one of the places where we can experiment, learn, be educated, form our opinions - that's the whole point of it - not just academic learning, but all the societal stuff too...

I don't know if the school tried any other measures to deal with the boy's behaviour, but in my mind, rather than have him in the "news" and vilified for sexually inappropriate behaviour (which I realise was more likely the mother, railing against this), they would have done better to have a class discussion about boundaries and respecting other people's feelings, about what things are and are not acceptable behaviour - that way the whole class could have learned together and benefited from this, rather than have one child singled out. Perhaps speaking to his mother and asking her to talk to her child? Maybe they did those things, the video didn't say. I feel they've taken an overly heavy handed approach. Surely the school could have dealt with it better? After all, it's also their responsibility to tech the kids in a positive way, rather than the sort of defensive behaviour we are seeing more and more in this "sue-culture" society.

It just seems to me that the whole situation could probably have been averted and dealt with in a positive way, rather than sensationalized like this... Sigh, it just seems to be the way of it these days, huh?

We need to educate not just our kids, but ourselves...
Wild at Heart
0 likes
I agree with everything you say Mazza, the label of sexual harassment and the sensationalization of it is a bit much. But I also think about how the times are different than when you or me were this age.

The media can't really be trusted to put out facts in a real way. The mother of hunter is outraged but has she spoken to hunter about boundaries? Maybe so maybe not. Did the school try, try and try again to get hunter to keep his hands to himself? Maybe they did maybe they didn't. A good news story won't tell you, that would be boring. They want to say, Hunter kissed a girl ON THE HAND and now he's suspended. When hunter could have a long history of fighting, bullying, disrupting class, etc. We just don't know because the media will leave out those details to make a more sensational story.

Also, in the united states, Hunter's mom would have had to okay the use of hunter and herself's image. If Hunter's mom didn't want him vilified on the news then he wouldn't have been. Raises questions, know what I mean?
Lurker
0 likes
I don't think is too much, specially if we want different society, there must me heart breaking changes. I feel sorry for the Hunter that he has to deal with all the media exposure, but he is reminder and warning for other parents. Teach your child that no means no. It is the same way when we teach them, look before crossing the street, don't pull and take things way from your sibilings, dinner manners and so on; it should be on the same menue that a child cannot force his will on others, period. but if we teach children how to convince others to do something they want is another story with lots of different benefits.

I was in 2nd or 3rd grade when two boys got me alone in the changing room. I was terrified, they were touching me, grabbing me, laughing and trying to get hands into my pants. Yes they were 7 or 8, no big deal, right?

It is a big deal for the girl. Maybe she is shy, maybe she doesn't tolerate his hyperactive energy, but it is her absolute right not to be violated. And that was violation no matter how small it looks to us adoults.

Long story short, no one has the right to do something to you if you don't agree to it. They are the same age, it is not that he was kissing teachers hand. He needs to learn that no means no, apparently his parents failed to teach him that, so school will.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
I agree with everything you say Mazza, the label of sexual harassment and the sensationalization of it is a bit much. But I also think about how the times are different than when you or me were this age.

The media can't really be trusted to put out facts in a real way. The mother of hunter is outraged but has she spoken to hunter about boundaries? Maybe so maybe not. Did the school try, try and try again to get hunter to keep his hands to himself? Maybe they did maybe they didn't. A good news story won't tell you, that would be boring. They want to say, Hunter kissed a girl ON THE HAND and now he's suspended. When hunter could have a long history of fighting, bullying, disrupting class, etc. We just don't know because the media will leave out those details to make a more sensational story.

Also, in the united states, Hunter's mom would have had to okay the use of hunter and herself's image. If Hunter's mom didn't want him vilified on the news then he wouldn't have been. Raises questions, know what I mean?

Actually, the media DID include he had been in trouble before. That's nothing new for a boy or kid his age.
The mom is fighting to get it off his record and for the wording to be changed. I say more power to her. I would do the same thing.

I agree it's unfortunate that the boy keeps on, but there are other measures. Putting something like that on his record is incorrect and wrong.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by AngelHeart01

Actually, the media DID include he had been in trouble before. That's nothing new for a boy or kid his age.
The mom is fighting to get it off his record and for the wording to be changed. I say more power to her. I would do the same thing.

I agree it's unfortunate that the boy keeps on, but there are other measures. Putting something like that on his record is incorrect and wrong.

Yes this is true. But the clip doesn't really delve into the degree of trouble. They just say, he had kissed her on the cheek before.

The putting him on record as some kind of sexual offender is wrong, I do agree there.

But what do you think about his image being used in the story and the mom appearing? Why would a mother want to make this a national story? I guess to take the sexual offender label off her kid but the story also fails to mention how long that stays on his record. Is it just for elementary school? The end of the current year? High School? Adult record? What?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix

Yes this is true. But the clip doesn't really delve into the degree of trouble. They just say, he had kissed her on the cheek before.

The putting him on record as some kind of sexual offender is wrong, I do agree there.

But what do you think about his image being used in the story and the mom appearing? Why would a mother want to make this a national story? I guess to take the sexual offender label off her kid but the story also fails to mention how long that stays on his record. Is it just for elementary school? The end of the current year? High School? Adult record? What?

No one in right mind will see or treat adoult Hunter as sexual offender, if he doesn't mess up in the future that is. This whole critique is directed toward his parents and all the rest of the parents who are lacking time or whatever to raise their children, they will have to live with the fact that their son fucked up because of them.
It is never childrens fault. For anything. It is always because adults fucked up, always.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The boy kissed the girl once before, this is the second time. Not enough in my mind for the kid to be labelled for sexual harassment. But something needs to be done. His parents need to step in and really punish the boy. A long extended serious punishment that will get the point across to him. Instead of making a big deal and trying to get sympathy, they should have taken care of it privately. Take the steps to make sure he doesn't do it again.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by AngelHeart01

I agree

I guess if she had kissed him it would have been CUTE!

Having sexual harassment on his record is ridiculous. I agree something needs to be done to teach him why what he is doing is wrong but this is not the way to go about it.

It's funny, had the boy hit the girl they would most probably not be making such a big deal about this!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

I agree

I guess if she had kissed him it would have been CUTE!

No, not really. Not if he wouldn't want those kisses.

Quote by Nikki703
Having sexual harassment on his record is ridiculous. I agree something needs to be done to teach him why what he is doing is wrong but this is not the way to go about it.

It's funny, had the boy hit the girl they would most probably not be making such a big deal about this!

Since we don't have all informations, there are two available scenarios.
First one is where boy is in love with a girl, keeps expresing that to her in his own childish way and where girl cannot deal with it, so she goes to her parents and complains about it. And she doesn't need to know how to deal with it, she is just 6. Girls parents make complain in school and when boy cannot be handled, he gets suspension and a title.

Second scenario is that boy kissed a girl on the cheek, got warning, kissed her hand and got suspension and title. In this case if I would be Hunter's parent I would sue everyone. But that is not what is happening, Hunter's parents are seeking help and sympathy from media, asking for different title, but not to erase the whole thing so that means they are agreeing that he should get some kind of a punishment.

So, it made me thinking, how long did that girl suffer before something was done. Honestly, if I would be in power I would send social workers to check that household out, but luckily for my fella citizen I have no interest in politics
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Chivalry isn't dead, but we're still trying to kill it.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by Forbiddenwriter

And this story is evidence of that? No, I'm afraid not. This has nothing to do with chivalry.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by She

Since we don't have all informations, there are two available scenarios.
First one is where boy is in love with a girl, keeps expresing that to her in his own childish way and where girl cannot deal with it, so she goes to her parents and complains about it. And she doesn't need to know how to deal with it, she is just 6. Girls parents make complain in school and when boy cannot be handled, he gets suspension and a title.

Second scenario is that boy kissed a girl on the cheek, got warning, kissed her hand and got suspension and title. In this case if I would be Hunter's parent I would sue everyone. But that is not what is happening, Hunter's parents are seeking help and sympathy from media, asking for different title, but not to erase the whole thing so that means they are agreeing that he should get some kind of a punishment.

So, it made me thinking, how long did that girl suffer before something was done. Honestly, if I would be in power I would send social workers to check that household out, but luckily for my fella citizen I have no interest in politics

I am not saying the boy should not be disciplined. What I meant is that if it was a girl kissing the boy people would not be making such a big deal about it.

The boy needs to be taught to understand that NO means NO! I get it!!

But my God they are 6yo kids. He kissed her hand. He didn't grab her ass. He didn't lift up her skirt.

He kisses her cheek and was told not to do it again. So he kisses her hand instead. Perhaps he didn't think that was wrong, just kissing her cheek was wrong. If he continues this pattern then fine, put it on his record. But I think they are jumping the gun here.

Why not make him register as a Sex Offender? If he lived in Texas they may even execute him!!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LadyX

And this story is evidence of that? No, I'm afraid not. This has nothing to do with chivalry.

Agreed, it only serves to prove what many of us already KNOW. That the vast majority of PC is utter BS and that bureaucrats are brain dead, waste of space, "rule book commandos" who have forsaken courage and honor in the pursuit of a paycheck handed down to them by vote whores!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Jeez. That's a bit ridiculous. I first grader has no mental, physical, emotional concept of what sex is, let along what sexual harassment is...or at least, back when I was a kid. He's a child for goodness sake!

Pretty soon, you won't be able to show basic human compassion because of the PC BS. Excuse my language, but fuck PC...let people be humans.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703

I am not saying the boy should not be disciplined. What I meant is that if it was a girl kissing the boy people would not be making such a big deal about it.

The boy needs to be taught to understand that NO means NO! I get it!!

You are wrong. People do make the same fuss when a girl does that to a boy, de difference is that girls are starting to show their affections towards others in very early age. When they learn to walk they go around huging and kissing other kindergarden mates and educators are stopping them when other childeren show discomfort. That is usually very easy to notice because they walk before they start to talk and they are expresing themselves with crying and screaming when are not comfortable and with laughing when comfortable.
So, girls have learning their lessons longer than boys and by age 6 they know what they can or cannot do to others. Again, not all and not on adult level.

Quote by Nikki703
But my God they are 6yo kids. He kissed her hand. He didn't grab her ass. He didn't lift up her skirt.

We should be screaming in agony, o my fucking god, he is already 6 and he doesn't know primary basic thing, when showing affection and stopping when that is not wanted.

Quote by Nikki703
He kisses her cheek and was told not to do it again. So he kisses her hand instead. Perhaps he didn't think that was wrong, just kissing her cheek was wrong. If he continues this pattern then fine, put it on his record. But I think they are jumping the gun here.

Why not make him register as a Sex Offender? If he lived in Texas they may even execute him!!

Mayor problem with our human race is that we teach female and male different things with same examples. It is not one isolatated problem that Hunter did, it is proplem that we don't see it as a problem, bigger picture. We all have duties and responsebilitites to teach children how to respect themselves and how to respect others. We cannot expect them to just know that, we do it trough examples suitable to every age and child capabilities.
So, this is a huge preblem in our society and I feel really bad for the kid, it is not his fault, his parents on the other hand should get that title and charge, anykind, suitable to the case. Because, if my doughter would be coming home from school crying (lets assume that happened repeatedly) I would make living hell to Hunter's parents.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CupcakeDrizzle
Jeez. That's a bit ridiculous. I first grader has no mental, physical, emotional concept of what sex is, let along what sexual harassment is...or at least, back when I was a kid. He's a child for goodness sake!

Pretty soon, you won't be able to show basic human compassion because of the PC BS. Excuse my language, but fuck PC...let people be humans.

They know exactly what it is, again not on adult level, but they know about their sexual insticts, they are not vegetables. Children are small people, just with much less experiances than adoults have.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by She

Mayor problem with our human race is that we teach female and male different things with same examples. It is not one isolatated problem that Hunter did, it is proplem that we don't see it as a problem, bigger picture. We all have duties and responsebilitites to teach children how to respect themselves and how to respect others. We cannot expect them to just know that, we do it trough examples suitable to every age and child capabilities.
So, this is a huge preblem in our society and I feel really bad for the kid, it is not his fault, his parents on the other hand should get that title and charge, anykind, suitable to the case. Because, if my doughter would be coming home from school crying (lets assume that happened repeatedly) I would make living hell to Hunter's parents.

??????? A SIX year old? "Screaming in agony?" Are ya just kidding me here? It's all we can hope for that a court will hold a teenager responsible for the murder they committed and you want us to "scream in agony" over the fact that a six year old is as confused by the PC idiocy and double standards that abound around him as all too many of us adults? Get real!
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah posted this on my facebook. Schools are getting dumber and dumber... They focus on asinine things like this rather than bettering the system or dealing with bullying. Let me link another article I went on a rant about on my YT channel.

Edit: Can't post links... Article it is then!

Student says she was suspended for acting as designated driver

A Massachusetts high school honor student says she was stripped of her role as captain of the volleyball team and suspended for five games for showing up at a party to drive her intoxicated friend home.

Two weeks ago, a friend of 17-year-old Erin Cox messaged her and said she was too drunk to drive home from a party she was attending in Boxford, CBS Boston reports.

Cox drove to the home and snaked through a crowd of teens to find her friend. But shortly afterward, police from Boxford, Georgetown, North Andover and Haverhill arrived to break up the party, arresting a dozen underage drinkers and handing out court summonses to 15 others, including Cox, the Boston Herald reports.

Cox claims she didn’t drink at the party and was cleared by police, who said she was not in any possession of alcohol, according to CBS Boston. But North Andover High School said the senior was in violation of the school’s zero tolerance alcohol and drug use policies.

“The school is really trying to take a very serious and principled stand regarding alcohol,” Geoffrey Bok, an attorney who represents the school, told the Boston Herald.

Cox’s mother, Eleanor, filed a lawsuit against North Andover High School to protest the suspension, but a judge said Friday that the court did not have jurisdiction over the case.

Cox maintains that she did the “right thing.”

“Saving her from getting in the car when she was intoxicated and hurt herself or getting in the car with someone else who was drinking,” she told the Boston Herald.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Yuzar
Yeah posted this on my facebook. Schools are getting dumber and dumber... They focus on asinine things like this rather than bettering the system or dealing with bullying. Let me link another article I went on a rant about on my YT channel.

Edit: Can't post links... Article it is then!

Student says she was suspended for acting as designated driver

A Massachusetts high school honor student says she was stripped of her role as captain of the volleyball team and suspended for five games for showing up at a party to drive her intoxicated friend home.

Two weeks ago, a friend of 17-year-old Erin Cox messaged her and said she was too drunk to drive home from a party she was attending in Boxford, CBS Boston reports.

Cox drove to the home and snaked through a crowd of teens to find her friend. But shortly afterward, police from Boxford, Georgetown, North Andover and Haverhill arrived to break up the party, arresting a dozen underage drinkers and handing out court summonses to 15 others, including Cox, the Boston Herald reports.

Cox claims she didn’t drink at the party and was cleared by police, who said she was not in any possession of alcohol, according to CBS Boston. But North Andover High School said the senior was in violation of the school’s zero tolerance alcohol and drug use policies.

“The school is really trying to take a very serious and principled stand regarding alcohol,” Geoffrey Bok, an attorney who represents the school, told the Boston Herald.

Cox’s mother, Eleanor, filed a lawsuit against North Andover High School to protest the suspension, but a judge said Friday that the court did not have jurisdiction over the case.

Cox maintains that she did the “right thing.”

“Saving her from getting in the car when she was intoxicated and hurt herself or getting in the car with someone else who was drinking,” she told the Boston Herald.

AGREED! I read that idiocy too and thought exactly the same thing!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Wardog

??????? A SIX year old? "Screaming in agony?" Are ya just kidding me here? It's all we can hope for that a court will hold a teenager responsible for the murder they committed and you want us to "scream in agony" over the fact that a six year old is as confused by the PC idiocy and double standards that abound around him as all too many of us adults? Get real!

I was dramatizing to make my point, obviously not enough.
If you would raise your 6 year old child properly than you wouldn't have teenager murderers, and adoults , bullies, and so on. Raise your children, that was my point, you have up till 3-4 years of the age, in that period you need to establish good solid foundatiosns, because in age 4 children are starting to show their character and without solid foundations, well you are screwed, and then society is screwed and then my child is screwed because of your kid or vice versa, but you get the picture.
Lurker
0 likes
My child is in all probability older than you are, has won a national academic championship and now holds a supervisory position that she earned through hard work and merit. At every one of the few jobs she has held she has been well liked and well respected. Thanks for the advice.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by She

Well we do agree on something, there is a major problem. Where we disagree is what the problem is!
Lurker
0 likes
I don't believe for one second that the little girl 'suffered' because a little boy of 6 years old kissed her on the cheek then on the hand. I agree it might be beneficial that his parents explain to him why he shouldn't touch her again, but the rest of it? It's overkill in my opinion. They are just six years old. It was a kiss on her cheek, then on her hand. I agree with Nikki though, at least in Australia, if a 6yo girl kissed a boy on the cheek, it would be looked upon as 'sweet and/or cute'
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Forbiddenwriter

You took the words right out of my mouth. It's shame how society is today.
Lurker
0 likes
I think calling it sexual harassment is a bit much but that little boy needs to learn that no means no. At my age, if I don't want someone to kiss me I would be pissed if they did, why should it be different just because they're children. That little boy harassed that girl by kissing her when she didn't want him to, his parents need to teach him a thing or two about personal space.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Magma_Boils_333
I think calling it sexual harassment is a bit much but that little boy needs to learn that no means no. At my age, if I don't want someone to kiss me I would be pissed if they did, why should it be different just because they're children. That little boy harassed that girl by kissing her when she didn't want him to, his parents need to teach him a thing or two about personal space.

I have read several accounts of this story from several different sources and I have not found one where it says the girl had a problem with it or said stop or No. The school had a problem with it and after it became known her parents had a problem with it. But I have read where they considered themselves BF and GF.

I still agree the boy should be disciplined and taught that this behavior is wrong and school rules need to be obeyed. Having sexual harassment on his record is just crazy. If after all this it continues then maybe. But this seems like a case of blowing an innocent act totally out of proportion.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/colorado-year-suspended-kissing-girl-21161245

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/11/living/6-year-old-suspended-kissing-girl/index.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/6-year-old-colo-boy-suspended-for-kissing-girl/