Day Or Night?

last reply
26 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Just interested to know if you think you are more creative as a writer during daytime or nighttime?

For me it's night, no distractions and everyone has gone to bed. Just me and my laptop.
Lurker
0 likes
Time of day doesn't matter - the poem I just had published today was written this morning - I write during lunch at work, before going to work in the morning and after I'm home in the evening. M'Lady gives me my writing time when the spark hits, of course I do pay her back for that ;)
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Late morning or late at night is when I tend to hit my stride.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Lurker
0 likes
While I'm definitely more of a night person, writing is just a matter of inspiration for me; and that, like my stomach, has never learned to tell time.
Head Nurse
0 likes
If the idea is right in my head, I will write day and night. It's less a matter of time verses "seeing" my story unfold.
0 likes
I'm generally more on the ball in all areas, including creativity, in the morning but sometimes find a second wind in the late afternoon or evening.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm usually exhausted towards the end of the day so I write better in the middle of the dsy
Lurker
0 likes
They both have their perks... It's all about the mood overall. Though I think nighttime does more for me.
0 likes
I guess night time for the most part. Usually, by then, I'm in for the night, and I can just set my mind to writing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Night of course. as my user name indicates, I'M nocturnal.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
The only constant which remains the same when I write erotica... There are usually boners involved along with frequent bouts of masturbation.

Day, night, dawn or dusk.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Story Verifier
0 likes
Pretty much any time. It's all about when I get the story playing in my head. I store memories as a series of pictures. My mind captures them and I can pull them back in great detail years later.

I get past and present all screwed up in my story because of that sometimes. It comes out as stream of consciousness.
I am always a gentleman.
Lurker
0 likes
I write more at nighttime. I've always been a night person, so go figure my best stuff gets written at night.
Lurker
0 likes
Whenever I have time and inspiration.
Lurker
0 likes
not the day time, but the presence of my love is my inspiration
Lurker
0 likes
Definitely night time, since I'm usually pretty busy during the day. If I ever get a really good idea during the day for what I'm writing, I will write it down in a notebook I keep with me, but that's about the extent of my daytime story-writing.
Prolific Writer
0 likes
My best time is between 7:30am and 8:00 am and then very late at night for my poems.

My stories I write throughout the day. I guess it doesn't matter for me really.
Orgasm Aficionado
0 likes
My brain slows down by about 10:30 and crawls to a halt and refuses to function at all by about 11:30 PM. Aside from that, I write wherever and whenever I get the chance.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Definitely I create better at night unless a thought hits me during the day. Then, I just generally make a note.
? A True Story ?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Inspiration hits Me anytime of the day or night. However I am most effective as a writer in the late hours (the kids have gone to bed, the phone has stopped ringing, etc.) That's when I get most of My writing done and when I usually publish also.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm a morning person and always have been. I had a paper route when I was eight and got up very early every morning for several years.

I'm now retired but I get up sometime between 1:00 and 3:00 every morning. That's my time to write, if I write that morning.

I was in the mountains of Peru in the early 70's. Long story! I was talking to a friend and we were talking about creativity. I came up with the idea that there is a certain amount of creative energy everywhere and it's evenly divided between the souls that are awake and wanting to use it. If I'm awake when most other folks aren't, then I get more than my share! smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Inspiration/ideas can strike anytime or anywhere, but as for capturing it words and sentences, I am at my best very early into morning.

"It seemed like a nice neighborhood to have bad habits in.” Raymond Chandler

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Whenever and wherever it happens, morning, noon, night, or even when I'm asleep, it kinda just happens.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am most creative at night. I've never been a morning person, so as soon as the sun goes down, my brain wakes up. That is when I try to do most of my writing.
Lurker
0 likes
Night, I'm relaxed the house is quiet. I can play music to get my creative juices flowing.
Lurker
0 likes
I am definitely a morning person, but when I write ebbs and flows just like my moods. If I need to really concentrate on something then mornings are best, but if it is artistic flow then that can come at any time. Sometimes I wake from a dream with all these thoughts running around my head and I have to get up at 2 or 3 am and write them down before I can get back to sleep. My most unproductive time is probably early afternoon, straight after lunch, when all I feel like doing is curling up under a tree and having a nap!