series based on the 7 Deadly Sins

last reply
22 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Would anyone be interested in reading a series like this? It interests me because it would push my limits as an author due to having to really think about how to incorporate erotic elements into 6 out of the 7 (Lust will be the easiest) but if it doesn't seem to generate interest I probably won't bother
Head Nurse
0 likes
Personally, its not always the subject matter that interests me, but how its written. However, I see a lot of interesting angles that could arise from this series
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
An interesting concept. My first question would be what list of deadly sins would you use? For instance, the modern list isn't the same as the one in Proverbs. (check Wiki for info on that issue). Then there's the question of your target audience.

FWIW, you could, if so inclined, create your own list 'Sue's Deadly Sins' or some such.

Best of luck.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Lurker
0 likes
I'd probably use the classic list.

Sloth
Gluttony
Pride
Lust
Greed
Wrath
Envy

As for my target audience it would probably be those that like a Supernatural element to their erotica because I don't think I can make this work without a demonic character.
The Right Rev of Lush
0 likes
I like the demon angle. Might have something of a 'Damn Yankees' scenario with the devil trying to snag the soul of someone or other...maybe a different target with each story with the demon trying to pass muster to become something worse (arch-demon, tax collector?) or else just trying to avoid losing demon status and being sent back into the common burning pit of hell.

Thing is, if you want to give it a try, do so, and don't sweat votes or comments.

RUMPLATIONS: AwesomeHonky Tonk and Cyber Bar
Home of the Lush "IN" crowd: indecent, intoxicated, and insolvent
a place to gossip, share news, talk sports, pimp a story, piss & moan, or just grab a drink. Check it out.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. -- ROBERT HEINLEIN
Lurker
0 likes
Sounds like a very interesting project, I think that writing anything that is out of the comfort zone is a great thing for your creativity.

Look forward to reading the first sin

Glen
Lurker
0 likes
If you had the idea too I wouldn't be against working together on it.
Lurker
0 likes
I actually had the idea too but wasn't confident in tackling it. I look forward to seeing how you go, if you go through with it. In my mind though, all seven were incorporated into one story.
Lurker
0 likes
There is a series of stories on Lush with each deadly sin as its' theme. For the life of me I can't remember the author or any of the story titles.

Having said that, there so many ways the 7 deadlies could be integrated into a story or a series.

I too look forward to reading your stories should you decide to have a go. Good luck!

Edit: Lush author.... Kim
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I've had a similar idea of doing this. I just never allowed myself to put a lot of thought into it. I figured if it couldn't work it's self out inside my head, I'd never get it done on paper. I tossed the idea after I wrote a piece on the sister site in the same sort of manner.

My Seven Deadly Sins

It isn't what I totally had in mind for here, obviously, but it turned out nicely. I think...
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by SITTING
I actually had the idea too but wasn't confident in tackling it. I look forward to seeing how you go, if you go through with it. In my mind though, all seven were incorporated into one story.

I'm going through with it. Difficult yes but I love a challenge. Getting it all in one story may be to difficult though
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Haineko
If you had the idea too I wouldn't be against working together on it.

although I have thought of it, I haven't gone as far of progress. and with the festive season coming to a close, I'm not writing at the mo.

I'd like to thank you on your offer, though. and wish you the best of luck.
Lurker
0 likes
All I need is a good name for a demoness (that's not Lilith) and I'll have a general plot arc between the 7 chapters.

Then I can concentrate on each individual sin.

Edit: Got a name now thanks to an awesome lady smile
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Haineko
All I need is a good name for a demoness (that's not Lilith) and I'll have a general plot arc between the 7 chapters.

Then I can concentrate on each individual sin.

Edit: Got a name now thanks to an awesome lady smile
There's a lot of demonic names from Hebrew and other religious lore.

http://demon.name-generator.co/list-of-demon-names.php This may help.
Lurker
0 likes
Thank you but I already have a name picked out.
Lurker
0 likes
Well, I tried. smile
Lurker
0 likes
You did & I really do appreciate it.

3 sins plotted out btw. 4 more to go
Lurker
0 likes
WOOT!

All 7 plotted out. I think I stayed true to the true meaning of each sin as well.

Anyone interested in taking a gander at what I got? Always interested in constructive criticism in all parts of the writing process.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm more curious to see how you handle wrath than the others.
Lurker
0 likes
*not in the order I will be doing them.

Wrath: Ursula convinces a young woman to cheat on her bf out of anger because he cheated on her first.

Envy: Ursula convinces a woman envious of her friends looks to ruin her relationship by fucking her fiancée.

Greed: Ursula convinces a greedy business man to fuck his clients in order to secure a business deal.

Lust: a man Lusts after a young woman & with Ursula's help fucks her

Gluttony: Ursula convinces a glutton for sex to fuck 3 women in 1 day.

Pride: Ursula helps a prideful man (big cock) have sex with a virgin

Sloth: Ursula convinces an apathetic (slothful) man to divorce his wife & then has sex with him.
Lurker
0 likes
Disclaimer: plots may change at my discretion. What you see may not be what you get.