Login

Who is your favorite male comic?

last reply
50 replies
4.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Bill Maher. He is very misunderstood, but he good points on many things, and is very funny too. I've seen many of his HBO specials, and I'm always laughing.
Lurker
0 likes
I like Jeff Dunham a lot. He's really funny.
0 likes
Louis C.K., easily. He's the everyday guy who can bust out the funniest lines from just the mundane. His show on FX, "Louie", is damningly hilarious, too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Bernie Mac, "The Mac Man" is my favorite comic. He died a few years back but I still listen to his tapes or catch him on youtube whenever I can. He had a way of keeping things real and as he would say, "Tellin' it like it T.I.S.!!! He would cuss up a storm but he was like that uncle that comes over for the holiday and before he leaves a fight has broken out because he said something truthful about a relative that no one else had the courage to say. Once I had the flu and a temp of 102, but that did not stop me from going to the comedy show, I sat slumped down in the chair and laughed my ass off.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Billy Connolly has to top that list, with local boy, Carl Barron, Chris Rock and Ricky Gervais closely behind.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
While I respect everyone's opinions, if you did not say George Carlin, I'm afraid your opinion is wrong. Other favorites of mine include Lewis C.K., Gabriel Iglesias and Ron White.
Lurker
0 likes
It is a skit to skit thing for me or a routine to routine thing. I will tell you that Carrot Top will not be on the list.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by kornslayer1
Bill Maher. He is very misunderstood, but he good points on many things, and is very funny too. I've seen many of his HBO specials, and I'm always laughing.

Quote by CertifiedHeat
Louis C.K., easily. He's the everyday guy who can bust out the funniest lines from just the mundane. His show on FX, "Louie", is damningly hilarious, too.

and Zack Galafanikis behind the piano, or doing the ferns thing (which isn't stand-up, admittedly, but the first one is, in a proppy kinda way lol)

Carlin, Pryor, Steven Wright, pre-tv Gary Shandling, Lenny Bruce, but the greatest......

*Mr. Neil Hamburger*

(And Doug Stanhope has good moments)

Bob and Ray

envelope-pushing Andy Kaufman
Lurker
0 likes
Dave Chappelle or Eddie Izzard.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nice thread topic, I'll be glued to youtube now.

For me Russell Peters is deadly funny. His take on racial stereotypes, most self-deprecatingly aimed at his Indian heritage, is hilarious.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
no can do. here's five:

dave chapelle
richard pryor
eddie murphy
george carlin
greg giraldo

Say. Her. Name.

0 likes
I've had a few over the years:

George Carlin
Bill Murray (okay, he's more sketch comedy than standup but still funny, ditto the original SNL crew like Chevy Chase, Dan Akroyd, etc.)
Robin Williams (RIP) - funnier on stage than in most of his movies
Steven Wright

I'm not really up on the current crop (e.g. Louis CK, Russell Peters) though I've noticed a lot of them have "concert films" on Netflix so it's been in the back of my mind to try a few of them out.
Lurker
0 likes
Robin Williams, may he rest in peace. He was as genius and could make you laugh without thinking about it. He could immediately, spontaneously make even the most banal subjects hilarious. He also a talented actor.
Lurker
0 likes
I've heard Gabriel say he & Jeff Dunham are tops in Middle East, so I'll never volunteer to fight them.

That said, saw Stephen Wright on TV last week, & shocked every time I see him on TV & can still outdo Louis & some of the other "big names".
Lurker
0 likes
Batman?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Robin Williams and Richard Pryor....my regret is that they are both gone now.
Lady GlitterGiggles
0 likes
George Carlin
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Not a huge fan of stand up comedians but..

Robin Williams - Hilarious
Billy Connolly - Hilarious
and
Jethro - I remember watching him once where he is talking about sitting down on a bus and the woman sitting next to him tells him she desperately needs to fart lol He desperately tries to stop her because he knows everyone will think he did it lol - it was pretty hilarious.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Dennis Leary.... Nobody was better than George Carlin.....
Lurker
0 likes
Don Rickles

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The Pride of Georgia===Jeff Foxworthy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Gabriel Iglesias
Jeff Dunham
Christopher Titus
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Steph. no,seriously.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
David Jason who is really more an actor but I'm not crazy about stand up comics.
Lurker
0 likes
Robin Williams. He was brilliant.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Marcus Brigstocke. First saw him on Set List and was majorly impressed!